Google Nexus 5 Thread

Yes, very true.
Some just stick to stock ROM and find happiness there.
Nice thread BTW.
Any suggestions for a slick but protective case, FK links are more than appreciated.
Price is not an issue.

ratul

█████████████████
Yes, very true.
Some just stick to stock ROM and find happiness there.
Nice thread BTW.
Any suggestions for a slick but protective case, FK links are more than appreciated.
Price is not an issue.

you can look for spigen slim armor or neo hybrid:
Slim Armor: Spigen Back Cover for Google LG Nexus 5 - Spigen: Flipkart.com
Neo Hybrid: Spigen Back Cover for Google LG Nexus 5 - Spigen: Flipkart.com

They are not that slick, but offer very good protection levels, i have an A grade copy of Neo Hybrid on my Nexus 5 (from aliexpress), and my phone has fallen 3 times now in past month and survived all of them with it on.. :)

SunE

Professional Newbie
Rearth Ringke Fusion is also great. My phone has taken many drops with this on, one time even the back cover came out a little bit, but no serious damage all thanks to this case. I got it from flipkart for just 550 but it sells for around 1k.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Do you guys user any Ad blocker?

Whenever I visit any site, stupid ads load and automatically start downloading C-Launcher, mobogenie...

It happens in Chrome, Opera.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Do you guys user any Ad blocker?

Whenever I visit any site, stupid ads load and automatically start downloading C-Launcher, mobogenie...

It happens in Chrome, Opera.
One of the main reasons to root an Android IMHO is the AdAway app. I don't know about others, don't care honestly, but for me without that app I just can't live.

[APP][2.1+][UNOFFICIAL] AdAway v2.8.1 :: [… | Android | XDA Forum

bibinjohn

Journeyman
Slim Armor: Spigen Back Cover for Google LG Nexus 5 - Spigen: Flipkart.com

i am using this case for my phone. its very good. but may feel like phone is bulky sometimes. but worth it.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
One of the main reasons to root an Android IMHO is the AdAway app. I don't know about others, don't care honestly, but for me without that app I just can't live.

[APP][2.1+][UNOFFICIAL] AdAway v2.8.1 :: [… | Android | XDA Forum

no option for non root device?

z3rO

Journeyman
Did you guys update your phones to Lollipop??
Google has started rolling out OTA updates in India.

promo87

Broken In
anyone here? could only find the Nexus 4 people in this forum.

I'm a proud owner of Nexus 5 D820 (US version). Best phone ever, except for batter life ofc.

Okay, so you must be the person who has already got your hands over Android Lollipop, How was the experience at all ??? Is it going good or its just the same !

amjath

Human Spambot
Okay, so you must be the person who has already got your hands over Android Lollipop, How was the experience at all ??? Is it going good or its just the same !
My friend owns nexus 5, lollipop build it so good and droll worthy. There is a issue with Google's new encryption algorithm, which might make you feel it's running/accessing a little slow.

oh oh

AnandTech | Encryption and Storage Performance in Android 5.0 Lollipop

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not too impressed really.

Suddenly everything is bright. Earlier it used to be dark. A dark skin option was needed, honestly.

The old Gallery is a better app than Photos.

The new Notification system is marvelous though. But but but, swiping upwards BEFORE you can enter your unlock pattern is irritating. :| I can understand you having to swipe first if you have notifcations on lock screen turned on, but if notifications are off, the pattern panel should appear directly by default. Really irritating this.

Google had purchased QuickOffice a couple of years back. The new apps - Docs, Slides and Sheets are good. But PDF reader is slower than before.

Material design looks cartoony to me, but I'd say the usability in all the core apps has increased with the new interface.

imo, Lollipop is more about updates to the core apps. Otherwise it is bland for me. I preferred the look and feel of Kitkat.

promo87

Broken In
Not too impressed really.

Suddenly everything is bright. Earlier it used to be dark. A dark skin option was needed, honestly.

The old Gallery is a better app than Photos.

The new Notification system is marvelous though. But but but, swiping upwards BEFORE you can enter your unlock pattern is irritating. :| I can understand you having to swipe first if you have notifcations on lock screen turned on, but if notifications are off, the pattern panel should appear directly by default. Really irritating this.

Google had purchased QuickOffice a couple of years back. The new apps - Docs, Slides and Sheets are good. But PDF reader is slower than before.

Material design looks cartoony to me, but I'd say the usability in all the core apps has increased with the new interface.

imo, Lollipop is more about updates to the core apps. Otherwise it is bland for me. I preferred the look and feel of Kitkat.

Well, that doesn't looks that much great at all ! Anyway I would say your feedback about Lollipop was bit different from others some people said that they like it the more than ever and anyway I can understand everyone shares different option and so do you ! I would like to thank you for responding back !

- - - Updated - - -

My friend owns nexus 5, lollipop build it so good and droll worthy. There is a issue with Google's new encryption algorithm, which might make you feel it's running/accessing a little slow.

Yes, I was actually reading a post about this over AndroidCentral "*www.androidcentral.com/smartphone-encryption-could-lead-death-child-government-fights-back" that a child could lead to death because of the encryption thing !

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I totally agree with ico's views on Lollipop. It's being bashed for its bright colors. Its a bigger problem on Moto X since lighter colors means phone can't advantage of Amoled screens where no pixels are necessary to show black colors. Thereby impacting battery life and color contrast. Speaking of which, it would also be a problem for Nexus 6 since it's also Amoled.

My Nexus 7 have Lollipop but I would have to think about upgrading to stock lollipop on my Moto X. I will wait for custom roms to emerge which addresses this issue of lighter shades.

Top Bottom