Inbox
All Gapps [Google Apps]
Greenify
StickMount Pro
Flashify
App Ops
Power Toggles
Game Killer
Xmodgames (Does not work on 5.0 so you have to wait)
Freedom
SuperSu [Comes with the root]
XDA Premium
XDA One
ES File Explore
Screen Record
Mediafire [59 GB]
Dropbox [17.5 GB]
Mega [50 GB]
Reliance InstaCare
Cymera [It's Better than other]
Calculator++
Feedly
Contacts+
CCleaner
SHAREit

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Today, my Galaxy Nexus took a dive in a bucket of water... Pulled it out quickly, but it is almost dead... Screen flickering... Wifi and Network does not work, even though they connect. No incoming or outgoing calls... No browsing...

Tried to dry it using a hair dryer and put it in a small bowl of rice. I can still hear sound of water inside it when I shake it... I hope it lives... Since installing the Slimkat nightlies a few weeks ago, the phone has been fast and awesome...

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
[MENTION=796]amit[/MENTION] dude try again. Even I'm using Lollipop 5.0 since day 1(even used the previews from day 1) and most of the apps you lsted work seamlessly. Use Lucky Patcher instead of Freedom though.

A

amit.tiger12

Today, my Galaxy Nexus took a dive in a bucket of water... Pulled it out quickly, but it is almost dead... Screen flickering... Wifi and Network does not work, even though they connect. No incoming or outgoing calls... No browsing...

Tried to dry it using a hair dryer and put it in a small bowl of rice. I can still hear sound of water inside it when I shake it... I hope it lives... Since installing the Slimkat nightlies a few weeks ago, the phone has been fast and awesome...

I had same problem on my nexus 5, I also dropped in water, but repaired it by myself.

Nowadays, all smartphones motherboard are getting double layer coating for components/chips/ic's/resistor/capacitor etc etc. So its not possible to repair motherboard or similar component. Its only need to be replaced. For repairing all such things highly professional technician you need. But possibilities are very low. So, replace it rather than repair, are the instructions given in service center.

When you face same incident do follow these steps below:
0. Never power on device and quickly remove battery [if its removable battery].
If battery is non removing then don't use hair drier with battery connected device.
1. If you know how to open your mobile and mobile is not in warranty then open it yourself. Or take help from online guide/YouTube. Because, if it's in warranty and you open yourself you will void it [as per service center (don't know how they find out you opened or not)]. So don't try to open if it's in warranty, even if you know.
2. Separate each component. Motherboard battery screen.
3. Try hair drier for motherboard, screen and other components. Not for battery. And for screen use hair drier from back side.
4. Now after using hair drier keep all components in air packed bag with rice in it.
5. After 12 hours [not in rainy season] or 24 hours attach each and every component. And try to power on. Its done.
6. You might get problem with screen, water in screen. Never open Screen components [nexus and all other similar]. The only solution for that is replace screen.
7. Enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=796]amit[/MENTION] dude try again. Even I'm using Lollipop 5.0 since day 1(even used the previews from day 1) and most of the apps you lsted work seamlessly. Use Lucky Patcher instead of Freedom though.

Xmodgame is working!!! impossible buddy. You can search on Google play store the app isn't updated yet.
I tried on first day for a week, now will use it definitely when xmodgame works on it.
How you use lucky patcher instead of freedom. please tell me. even I will try :)
thnks

- - - Updated - - -

Well I do not have single problem with N5 till day.

I use mobiles very harshly, so something always happens, it falls, get scratches on scratch guard...
BTW, tell me how you use it, because these phones are not that stronger.

$hadow

Geek in making
Well I always use my devices carefully. I always prefer to put a guard on screen and case as well. I use spegen case my n5 purchased long time back.

A

amit.tiger12

Why is this thread created? and for what? Means its for price, comparison or all in one related nexus 5?

My brother wants to buy nexus 5 (16/32). Is it worth a buy now? If not, then will you recommend considering price drop?
There are other options also available at current price.

Please, if anybody can update me when new lowest price seen on shopping site? will be grateful.

$hadow

Geek in making
If your brother love stock Android and along that he also don't mind a non - flashy type of device n5 is pretty good device.

A

amit.tiger12

Google confirms Nexus 5 production has stopped

Nexus 5 is dead, white, red not available. :( I wanted to buy red (brother)
Just buy asap, if you want to buy from play store. Only black available. WTF !!!

So my question, as nexus 4 still getting updates, how longer for nexus 5 now onwards?

Last edited by a moderator:
A

amit.tiger12

Another rumor says that Google will bring back nexus 5 life, with next version of nexus. Because of nexus 6 is went in phablet category. Or google will fully stop nexus line up and create new "Android Silver".

suchk

Right off the assembly line
I just bought a new Nexus 5. It was on 4.4.2, and got an update notification for 4.4.4 during the first boot itself. After that, I have not got any notifications for the 5.0 update. It has been 3 days. Just wanted to know if this is normal and I will get that notification soon or do I have to use ADB to force the update? Also, I don't have a SIM inserted into the phone yet, does that affect update notifications in any way?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
guys urgent help
should i flash CM on my stock unrooted N5 or should I simply downgrade to kitkat?
Lollipop is really pathetic and I wanted to know the best,stable option

A

amit.tiger12

guys urgent help
should i flash CM on my stock unrooted N5 or should I simply downgrade to kitkat?

downgrade to kitkat..other thing is install CM...
but lollipop is good...
or install 5.1...

- - - Updated - - -

I just bought a new Nexus 5. It was on 4.4.2, and got an update notification for 4.4.4 during the first boot itself. After that, I have not got any notifications for the 5.0 update. It has been 3 days. Just wanted to know if this is normal and I will get that notification soon or do I have to use ADB to force the update? Also, I don't have a SIM inserted into the phone yet, does that affect update notifications in any way?

nothing will happen.. don't worry.. update will come when mobile wants to update.. don't force it.. if you want to update it.. head over XDA forum for nexus 5 and flash OTA updates if you can't wait for those updates..

SunE

Professional Newbie
5.1 running smooth as ever. I think it's better than 5.0.1. Just have to figure out how to get Viper Audio working.

amjath

Human Spambot
guys urgent help
I don't get know what is not stable in 5.0

Anyway 5.1 is starting to roll out which is addressing minor bugs to 5.0
Change log if anyone is interested.

*paste.teknik.io/1010

If you are okay with installing nighlies for cm, you may. BTW 5.1 will reach in 2nd or 3rd nightly

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
5.0 was even worse
5.0.1 is a bit better but its still too buggy and slow
I dont know if I should downgrade to Kitkat or if I should flash CM instead
which is more stable etc?

A

amit.tiger12

5.0 was even worse
5.0.1 is a bit better but its still too buggy and slow
I dont know if I should downgrade to Kitkat or if I should flash CM instead
which is more stable etc?

newer is always stable... flash 5.1... I am flashing 5.1 right now ;)
just go and download it..
*developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#hammerhead

I noticed now version is written 5.1.0 and earlier yesterday it was 5.1 written only... so new version is also in line... 5.1.x ;)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
newer is always stable... flash 5.1... I am flashing 5.1 right now ;)
just go and download it..
*developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#hammerhead

I noticed now version is written 5.1.0 and earlier yesterday it was 5.1 written only... so new version is also in line... 5.1.x ;)

ok will try it out before making hasty decisions
does it improve performance and battery?

A

amit.tiger12

ok will try it out before making hasty decisions
does it improve performance and battery?

may be yes maybe no.. but I am going to root it at night.. need to check first root method is working or not ;)..
[GUIDE] Nexus 5 - How to Unlock Bootloader, … | Google Nexus 5 | XDA Forums

Quote:

Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
General improvements in system stability
Improved RAM management
Fixes for sudden app closures
Improved battery management
Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
Issues with wireless connections fixed
Problems with Okay Google function solved
Notifications problems solved
Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
Other improvements and changes
Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)
for more info check here...
Android 5.1 Lollipop - Here's what's new! - Android Authority
What's new in Android 5.1? Some big and small changes in the updated Lollipop release | Android Central
Android 5.1 Discussion Thread | Google Nexus 5 | XDA Forums

Top Bottom