Google Nexus 4 Thread

Hello! Since I have an important exam in 2 Weeks I cant read all 31 pages of this thread! Someone (preferably an active member on this thread and owns a Nexus 4 himself) help me please?
I was planning to get the Nexus 4 for my dad and had a few questions about it:
1. Hows LG's After Sales Service/warranty in India? If anything goes wrong are they prompt in the whole process?
2. Has anyone encountered and problems in the phone yet? Some common problems that I should look out for maybe?
3. Today, Flipkart has this offer going on where I can get the S3 for 26K as well. Is the Nexus 4 still a more practical option?
Thanks in advance. :D

1. Never been to service centre of LG, but its good, not upto level of Nokia maybe, but still better than MMX, Lava, etc
2. Never heard of any common issues during my research
3. Yes, because it has better processor, more RAM, fast Android updates. S3's advantages are better camera, AMOLED screen(i like it), also better battery life(not great difference though)

If its for ur dad, I suppose he just needs phone for basic usage. I think S3 maybe a better option. You can also check One X+ & ZR. Xperia ZR has same specs as that of Nexus 4 + water resistance.(slower updates though & 4k costlier)

ZR maybe a better option for ur dad, unless u are planning to play with his phone :-o

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
Hello! Since I have an important exam in 2 Weeks I cant read all 31 pages of this thread! Someone (preferably an active member on this thread and owns a Nexus 4 himself) help me please?
I was planning to get the Nexus 4 for my dad and had a few questions about it:
1. Hows LG's After Sales Service/warranty in India? If anything goes wrong are they prompt in the whole process?
2. Has anyone encountered and problems in the phone yet? Some common problems that I should look out for maybe?
3. Today, Flipkart has this offer going on where I can get the S3 for 26K as well. Is the Nexus 4 still a more practical option?
Thanks in advance. :D

2. I had an issue with my Nexus 4 on day #4. I was not able to record video, the button didnt respond. Restart fixed it - but after few hours the same issue. And the Camera app stopped working on day 5.

1. I took it to the service center(I have never been to any service center before) - they rep was very friendly and he said it seems to be a sw pbm, he reinstalled the OS. Took about an hour, NO ISSUES till now.

In my friend's Nex sometimes the bluetooth can't be switched on how hard u slide, it will go to off button- once u restart the phone - the bluetooth will be ON. Just look out for them - these are random pbm - u wnt find it at first. Most probably u wont have any issues at all. :)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i am able to receive calls, but not able to make one, also cant use data. i have airtel connection. there are grey full bars on top. any idea?

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
i am able to receive calls, but not able to make one, also cant use data. i have airtel connection. there are grey full bars on top. any idea?

Settings - More - Mobile Networks - Mobile Operators - It will search for a while - Choose Airtel/IND Airtel From the List.

Select Access Point Names - There will be list a APN - Select the one with airtelgprs.com.

Try this else Restart and do the same.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Settings - More - Mobile Networks - Mobile Operators - It will search for a while - Choose Airtel/IND Airtel From the List.

Select Access Point Names - There will be list a APN - Select the one with airtelgprs.com.

Try this else Restart and do the same.

when i tried choosing operators earlier i saw a list, but now 'error while searching networks'

now i see a list, choose 'airtel', airtelgprs.com was already selected. still the issue persists

update -

now i can use gprs, and bars are blue again with e in front.
but no outgoing and messaging. only incoming...

when i tried choosing operators earlier i saw a list, but now 'error while searching networks'

now i see a list, choose 'airtel', airtelgprs.com was already selected. still the issue persists

update -

now i can use gprs, and bars are blue again with e in front.
but no outgoing and messaging. only incoming...

Check validity & balance of ur Airtel SIM :p
Check ur SIM with other phone too

Top Bottom