Google lay Store How to update or where to get the apk for manual install

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
On my Redmi 1S the Google Play Store app crashes frequently. It crashes mostly during typing a search string in the text box!! Basic steps like clear cache, clear data, delete and recreate account etc have been tried but the crash is consistent. So Search on Play Store is crippled on my device.
In Google Play Settings it says Build Version 5.4.12 I am not sure if this is the version of the app.

How do I update Google Play Store App? It’s not listed under list of MyApps therein and do third party hosts like AndroidAPKsFree - Free Apps (apk) Download for Android host original app apk’s?

Thanks.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Open the settings menu in the Google Play Store app.
Scroll all the way down.
Tap on the Build Version section.

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Yes there I see Build Version 5.4.12 and it now prompts to update. Thanks

Update----
Google Play Store is now updated to latest version and the issues I noticed earlier are no longer present. It was a bit unusual though as there was no indication at all that it was downloading the update and installing. Notification screen was also blank. For sometime it felt as if nothing was happening!

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The best site I'd recommend for the Google Play Apk is the Redmond pie site. They usually upgrade mirrors for the APk quite fast when an update is released.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
check this apkmirror site.. if you want to download latest release..

APKMirror - Free APK Downloads - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ

Read FAQs if you have doubts about this above site..

FAQ - APKMirror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom