Google I/O 2015

ratul

█████████████████
Can't believe there still isn't a thread for this here:
*events.google.com/io2015/
Catch it out Live now!!!

Though i am still waiting for Google Camera update with camera2 api discussed in last year's Google I/O, damn these guys are getting slow. :p

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Catch it out Live now!!!

Though i am still waiting for Google Camera update with camera2 api discussed in last year's Google I/O, damn these guys are getting slow. :p

Already made a thread yest :p in Mobile

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Catch it out Live now!!!

I caught the last segment of Google I/O, and it ended around 00:15. So when you posted this thread I guess it was already over?

Things I caught:

1. Improved Carboard that can house 6" phones
2. JUMP: Which allows creators to make a 360 degree video and Youtube to view them, and
3. Expeditions: Where Google tries to bring cardboard to school students by giving them cardboard and then taking them to any place in the world.

Also got to know about a few changes in App management, app discovery and monitization.

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
Already made a thread yest :p in Mobile

oh, saw it. :lol:

There are sponsors being displayed right now.

What time will the live stream resume?

see the schedule: *events.google.com/io2015/schedule

I caught the last segment of Google I/O, and it ended around 00:15. So when you posted this thread I guess it was already over?

Things I caught:

1. Improved Carboard that can house 6" phones
2. JUMP: Which allows creators to make a 360 degree video and Youtube to view them, and
3. Expeditions: Where Google tries to bring cardboard to school students by giving them cardboard and then taking them to any place in the world.

Also got to know about a few changes in App management, app discovery and monitization.

nope it wasn't, at 00:15, only keynote was over, next session started at 01:30am, where they discussed what's new in android in detail, it was on channel 1, you can watch the whole schedule here: *events.google.com/io2015/schedule

Things i liked in new M:
1. App permissions and how user now have full control over them now.
2. Dark theme options
3. Quick settings customization (Finally), and seems like they will add more with time under SystemUI Tuner.
4. Vertical scrolling in widget drawer rather than horizontal scrolling, now seems much more easier to search widgets
5. Doze
6. The improved Google Now and Photos, especially the Now Tap.
7. Improved camera, reviews are coming that hdr+ is twice as fast now.
8. New volume dropdown option.

Things i disliked:
1. List view in app drawer

Rest i'd need to test when a flashable zip is ready for my nexus 5, don't want to backup and restore all my 25GB of data back and forth, hoping for a multirom flashable zip soon. :) Funny thing is that the Photos app already got updated with features like unlimited storage, swipe to select and more features on my lollipop, pretty cool. :D
here's a preview video for Android M:

Last edited:

Ironman

In the zone
Academic Admission Ticket: $300 = ~ 19135.50 INR :aaargh:
:shock::shock::shock:

General Admission Ticket: $900 = ~ 57397.50 INR :facepalm:

:masterchief::batman:

Does google really need that much money ?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
:blink:

So the entry cost was Rs. 57397.50 and they got phone with a roughly same price!

That means entry was free but its compulsory to pay for the Nexus 9 :chinscratch:

- - - Updated - - -

Academic Admission Ticket: $300 = ~ 19135.50 INR :aaargh:
:shock::shock::shock:

General Admission Ticket: $900 = ~ 57397.50 INR :facepalm:

:masterchief::batman:

Does google really need that much money ?

$900 is not much for those working in the US.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
$900 is not much for those working in the US.

^^True that. I was about to say that. We Indians always convert it to INR for obvious reasons.

But the amount in that country is not that much and justified and affordable too. The difference we feel is because of our economy.

In this case just consider it as Rs 900/-. Even consider it like Nexus 9 for Rs. 900/-

But as soon as you do the conversion, it fails. That's due to out economy.

You see, the IT people who are going onsite, can save upto 1.5 Lakh per month if he's staying single or 1 lakh if he and his wife is staying with normal lifestyle. That's because he then incomes in $ and spends in $ too.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Way to go offtopic here. xD

Anyway, digit published the article on Google I/O Day 1 highlights. Google I/O 2015 Day 1: All you need to know | Digit.in

Some of which was related to Android M:
  • Better battery life
  • Offline maps
  • App Orb is finally back (or improved permission control)

The thing which I totally didn't like: "Tapping on a link in Chrome will now automatically open the requisite app instead of asking you to choose the app you want to open the link in."

That's the only sad thing. Sometimes I don't want the link to open in an app. I hope it have a toggle for this feature.

- - - Updated - - -

These videos about Google I/O are amazing:
*www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL39u5ZEfYDEOOR1Re58gifKCDMmskbI1p

A

amit.tiger12

I was expecting plug-in support (3rd party also :) ) for camera app and some basic apps..

froyo121

Broken In
all I/O attendees got nexus 9
Wow I was Following Google I/O But really didnt know about this!!!Well Google is also getting from these events so giving away Tablets to Attendes will be easy for Google right?? As they are also getting money.
Regards,
Froyo

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Wow I was Following Google I/O But really didnt know about this!!!Well Google is also getting from these events so giving away Tablets to Attendes will be easy for Google right?? As they are also getting money.
Regards,
Froyo

The ticket costs a lot right?

froyo121

Broken In
The event ticket or the Plane Ticket??
Well the event ticket is costly in Indian Rupees i think because in 300 and 900$ we can Buy A Gaming And A Good Mobile right??
Froyo

Top Bottom