goodbye mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

arian29

In the zone
OK... so am changing my company(job) and i need a good bye bye letter for my co workers.. need suggestions pls..

i found this on the net.. how do you think it is ?

----
Greetings, fellow and soon-to-be former co-workers.

Today I have crafted this fine nugget of prose to bid a fond farewell as I step down from my lofty post, ending a resplendent career here at XXXXXXXXXX. First and foremost, I'd like to congratulate my superiors for providing the opportunity to excel, being proactive in creating solutions for enabling my completion of action items and goals. Kudos to my inferiors for allowing me to be superior; you know who you are.

Born to humble beginnings at the base of the Rocky Mountains on a chilly October morning, nineteen hundred and seventy-six, my mother and father were unsure what the future held for their deftly handsome newborn. Would he be a rock star? Brain surgeon, rocket scientist, or Supreme Court Justice? Nay, said Fate. For, a young and wily politician by the name of Albert Gore was busy creating something wonderful -- a network of computing machines so far-reaching, so worldly, the title "Information Superhighway" could not do it justice. An entirely new word had to be crafted for this eighth wonder, and its name was "Internet." And it was good. I cast aside my formal training in the environmental sciences in favor of the fame and fortune that only development in this new medium could offer. As you all know, the demanding mistress of machine programming has been kind to this lad.

Fast forward to today, as I set to embark on another leg of life's exotic adventure. I carry my experience garnered in these halls as a colorful feather of knowledge in my cap of expertise. During my moments at the peak, and during our darkest hours, my colleagues were with me and brightened the day with their humbly-crafted jabs at my expense. XXXXXXXXXXX, your daily wit shall be missed. Somewhere.

As the music begins playing, let me say again what a pleasure it's been; I can only assume it's been the same for you.

I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind.
Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
i thot i was reading a novel...
trust me...formal notes should be short and to the point...no need for cheese-dipped lines...the letter below may not be perfect...but it conveys the message

Hello Everyone,

Today is my last day in <company name>. It is with a heavy heart that I must say goodbye to all of my friends and colleagues here, many of whom I have been in touch with on a daily basis.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the support I received here in <company name>

I would like to remain in touch with all of you, please note my personal mail id is abcmno@email.com.

Wishing you a healthy and happy life ahead!!

regards,
ABC MNO

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
:lol: You'll be fired rather than resignation accepted if you post such a letter. :lol:
Write a short and to the point letter dude :razz:

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
umm.. clarifying things a bit.. its a goodbye letter to be sent to all co-workers on my last day. its not a resignation letter.. resignation has already been accepted :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
OK... so am changing my company(job) and i need a good bye bye letter for my co workers.. need suggestions pls..

i found this on the net.. how do you think it is ?

----
Greetings, fellow and soon-to-be former co-workers.

Today I have crafted this fine nugget of prose to bid a fond farewell as I step down from my lofty post, ending a resplendent career here at XXXXXXXXXX. First and foremost, I'd like to congratulate my superiors for providing the opportunity to excel, being proactive in creating solutions for enabling my completion of action items and goals. Kudos to my inferiors for allowing me to be superior; you know who you are.

Born to humble beginnings at the base of the Rocky Mountains on a chilly October morning, nineteen hundred and seventy-six, my mother and father were unsure what the future held for their deftly handsome newborn. Would he be a rock star? Brain surgeon, rocket scientist, or Supreme Court Justice? Nay, said Fate. For, a young and wily politician by the name of Albert Gore was busy creating something wonderful -- a network of computing machines so far-reaching, so worldly, the title "Information Superhighway" could not do it justice. An entirely new word had to be crafted for this eighth wonder, and its name was "Internet." And it was good. I cast aside my formal training in the environmental sciences in favor of the fame and fortune that only development in this new medium could offer. As you all know, the demanding mistress of machine programming has been kind to this lad.

Fast forward to today, as I set to embark on another leg of life's exotic adventure. I carry my experience garnered in these halls as a colorful feather of knowledge in my cap of expertise. During my moments at the peak, and during our darkest hours, my colleagues were with me and brightened the day with their humbly-crafted jabs at my expense. XXXXXXXXXXX, your daily wit shall be missed. Somewhere.

As the music begins playing, let me say again what a pleasure it's been; I can only assume it's been the same for you.

I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind.
Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind.
I'd suggest you write whatever you feel yourself rather than copying something from off the net.

Definitely, the thought should be yours, from your heart though you may look for the right words from elsewhere to put them. Read this: *gizmodo.com/5547715/j-allards-fare...team-i-require-no-assistance-finding-the-door You will get some clues.

Frankly, if I was your co-worker and if I find out that the "goodbye" letter/mail you sent was siphoned off from the web, the rest of my life I'd think "What a jerk he was"! Pardon me for this comment, but this is exactly what I think others will associate someone with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom