Good News For Kaspersky Lovers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys!

Kaspersky is one of the best Anti-Virus software available and I have seen a huge fan list of it. Well, there's a real good news for all its Fan.

Now you wont have to spend a single paise to use this Anti-Virus software nor will you have to use it illegally. AOL has released a new antivirus software names as "Active Virus Shield" which is a replica of KAV. Its has the same interface, same scanning engine and same virus definations. Moreover, it clearly shows that it is powered by KAV. The best thing about this new software is that it is absolutely FREE. You can download the same from the below mentioed link:

*www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp?

So guys, check it out and you will have another reason to be happy.

Cheers...:p

anispace

dattebayo
got this from download.com...

It is a slimmed down version of KAV6. Differences are the following:

-Web Antivirus has been removed. This is a necessary feature of KAV6, which immediately scans web cache and such. A big hole is left without it.

-Proactive Defense has been removed. This is a feature which scans all process requests and alerts you of them, asking for your permission to allow them or not. This is becoming the norm with security software. KAV6 has it, Spyware Terminator has it. I think it is the future of security software. It is too bad they removed it.

-Trusted zone settings have been removed. All trusted zone entries can only be added as you get alerted by questionable material.

-Rescue Disk creation abilities have been removed. I never used this tool, but there are some who probably do use it.

-Mail connection monitoring settings have been removed (i.e. monitor POP3/SMTP/etc.)

-Appearance settings (for changing the look and feel of the program) have been removed. This isnt a big deal to most, but maybe to some. It only controls transparency and the system tray icon in KAV6, so its not a big deal.

but who cares.. itz KAV for free.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
This AV is what i've been recommending people for so long, but i guess no body noticed it/used it. *smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/upset.gif

but anyways its a important INFO for other members.

forever

filth is me
i have 1 query ,does a real time protector in any way affect my surfing speed, plz reply, thnx :)

forever

filth is me
i mean i read active antivirus help file and it pointed that it can detect some threats even before they are penetrated on to ur system by acting as an interceptor , so i reckon thnigs have to go thru it first then are displayed to you , still confused :(

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Maybe, but i have'nt experienced that.
so my conclusion would be, No/negligible difference in surfing speed.

i tested it by disabling the "Web Anti Virus" in Kaspersky now, & opened Digit Forum, but no difference in loading time. (for testing, i cleared the cache in Opera, two times ->With "Web AV" & without "Web AV"))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom