Good Music Phone in 7K to 8K range...

Status
Not open for further replies.

babi_surat

Broken In
If you are really interested in sony W series then u can go for W700i.. Yesterday my frnd bought it in 9600/- rupees from mumtajuddin in kolkata..
I think its quite good in sound when compared to its counter part in nokia(5300 Express music:p )

OP
jiteshbhimani

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
I know W700i is a good phone but, my brother already own that phone and i want some different phone........:)

I think i will have to settle with W550i...........and will check out Samsung E490 and will let you guys know about it.............

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
W200i also lacks Bluetooth :( Samsung E250 is also a good phone, costs around 7k, my friend using it, looks good ( specially black model ), sound is also standard....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
7610 is an outdated model.......

w200i lacks bluetooth and this goes against it. BT is an indispensible feature now. i think SE shud bring out an update w210 or something wid BT (jus as they did for k310i). cellphone widout BT is useless esp, when its a walkman phone.... i won't suggest u to buy it.

OP
jiteshbhimani

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
Good suggestion there....I hope the Sony Ericsson guys LISTENs to you.........any way I still have one month to view all the phones ....So do post your suggestions........and I think I will have to increase my budget to +2K .......

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
infra_red_dude said:
7610 is an outdated model.......

w200i lacks bluetooth and this goes against it. BT is an indispensible feature now. i think SE shud bring out an update w210 or something wid BT (jus as they did for k310i). cellphone widout BT is useless esp, when its a walkman phone.... i won't suggest u to buy it.

fully agree :|

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
I would have suggested u W200i but it has no bluetooth.

If possible do not go for flip/clam shell phones like w300 or w550..they are quite old and fat too.

You must search in more places for 6233.

Theres also K550i available. Sound quality is equally compared to W series minus the Megabass. I found it quite loud compared to 6233. It is priced @ 11500/- i think.

V3i sound quality is above average.

5700 has in-ear buds. But I dont know how loud it is. I am looking forward to this mob. I Does anyone know much is 5700ME priced at? Do read reviews about this phone at GSMArena site

OP
jiteshbhimani

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
Found this phone quite interesting ......its Sony Ericsson Z710i (*www.indiagsm.com/viewdetails.php?pid=182&brand=Sony-Ericsson) and has all the features of that mentioned in W710i (*www.indiagsm.com/viewdetails.php?pid=174&brand=Sony-Ericsson).......there is no difference except the fact that the later one is Walkman series...........

Z710i is available around 10500, so what do you guys say ?

Have a look at it and do tell me about its pros and cons.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah they are almost the same hardware. but the z710i doesn't haf the motion sensor (of corz shudn't matter if u are not a jog freak!), has a lesser capacity memory card (only 64mb and m2 memory cards are the costliest!!) and it doesn't haf the walkman headset (hpm 70) plus the walkman brand. i think that 2k price over z710i is justified. but if u haf no use of the above features then z710i is a very good phone!

OP
jiteshbhimani

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
ok....have made my mind to go for Sony Ericsson phone (prefably Walkman series)......will let u know about the models i have short listed shortly and then we can discuss.......thankx to all of you for all your replies.....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
clamshells are a bit delicate than the candybar counterparts. plus the memory stick pro duo (used in w810i) is cheaper than the memory stick micro used in w710i. this is where w810i scores.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
w810i is better than w710i. w810i has 2 MP camera with autofocus. w710i has no autofocus.
U can also consider k750i (old is gold). It will cost u arnd 9500/-. It really rocks. (2 MP cam with autofocus+Good sound quality)

OP
jiteshbhimani

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
I think K750i is great phone but, I think its joystick is very delicate and the reason i chose Walkman brand is:

1. I want good music quality from the on-board speakers.
2. Head phones of walkman brand is great.
3. I want mobile which is good for music.......and for all that I thought to go for Walkman brand and increase my budget from 8K to around 12K.

Will i get the speaker with W810i?

And one more thing, now that I have increased my budget to 12K.....do u think any other phone in comparison which gives great (loud also) sound from on-board speakers.

And is it worth to pay 12K or go with K750i or Z710i and later flush its firmware to W700i or W710i respectively.......

realfan4ever

Broken In
Last month my friend got W810i for Rs13.2K with bill. It included speaker, data cable, s/w CD, 512 MB memory card, bundled headset and obviously the fone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom