Good lightscribe DVD writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulgulumaal

Broken In
I'm planning to get a new DVD writer. Would like to go for one with lightscribe since they dont cost much more than ordinary ones.Not so sure if lightscribe media is available yet.

Anyways can you advise which DVD writer is the best. The most important factor for me is error correction (should be able to read slightly scratched media). Price shouldnt be too high.

Was planning to go for a Sony, but one of my friends told me Lite-On is really good. Can u guys please give your valuable opinions

OP
G

gulgulumaal

Broken In
I went through the existing posts in the forum. I'm getting more and more confused :)
I find Lite-On and Sony have many supporters and Samsung has a notorious reputation for tray problems.

I think I'm zeroing in on Liteon LH-20AIH. Thanks slugger and vish

BTW I have noticed the way Digit/Chip magazine keeps consistently supporting all Lite-On products(too supportive to be good..whether the reviewers get a commision etc..is immaterial). Just wondering if the vast number of supporters I find for Lite-On is a direct effect of this marketing!!

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
sata writers too can be considered.IDE/PATA will be outdated sometime near.thats what i can see reg hdd's and drives too may follow suit.reg lightscribe-is that that appealing? :rolleyes:
yours,
-lottulodukk

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have recently purchased Liteon DVD Writer. The only problem I faced was burning a DVD-RW which I heard will get fixed with the firmware update apart from that its a good one. I heard Lightscribe CD's are expensive than the normal ones. I'm not sure whether we get lightscribe CD's here in India. Even if we get it may not be readily available.

OP
G

gulgulumaal

Broken In
slugger said:
lightscribe CDs cost around 30-35 each

I hope the prices will come down once it gets popular. Now lightscribe is like a novelty.Remember how much DVD-Rs used to cost initially...now they are dirt cheap.

But from the pics I got while browsing around for lightscribe, it doesnt look very appealing...honestly..just some shades of grey and gold color. I hope some technology comes up whereby we can burn in color :)

Yeah...get a printer...right? :p

slugger

Banned
ya lightscribe prinitng is not dat attractive

if u wan 2 gift d CD/DVD 2 sum 1 den i suggest dat u take a normal disc, burn it and den give it to a DVD printing service along with d picture

i once made a special DVD ;) for sum one
got d printing done 4 12 bux
(u will still save 13 rupees dat way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom