Good laptop between 50k-55k

yatishagrawal

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
--- Rs.50-55k inr

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP,DELL
b. Dislike:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
a) Watching movies and playing games

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
I am not aware. Anything that would suffice good gameplay experince.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

-- I would like to know about HP Envy 4 (ultrabook).
--- I would like to purchase it from mumbai (Please can u suggest any place in mumbai)
-- Ready to purchase online.

har

In the zone
Definitely samsung np550P i5 or i7 version
@aroraanant-Look at his budget. And he will be playing games. 7730m of dell isnt good enough to play at 1080p.

dexbg

Journeyman
Hi, even I'm in the same boat as OP.
Same budget.

I had narrowed it down to the HP Envy 4 till I saw the Samsung NP550 so I've held of.

Can anyone tell me if the heating situation is really that bad.. I mean for general usage.. since I mostly my laptop on the bed.

har

In the zone
Hi, even I'm in the same boat as OP.
Same budget.

I had narrowed it down to the HP Envy 4 till I saw the Samsung NP550 so I've held of.

Can anyone tell me if the heating situation is really that bad.. I mean for general usage.. since I mostly my laptop on the bed.

Its 40 degrees under normal usage of browsing,movies etc on bed.
On gaming NFS Hot Pursuit at ultra its 86 degrees for me.

dexbg

Journeyman
So is 40 degrees comfortable for on-lap usage..?

And during gaming is there any risk of letting the laptop heat up that much?

har

In the zone
So is 40 degrees comfortable for on-lap usage..?

And during gaming is there any risk of letting the laptop heat up that much?

Its comfortable on the lap.

Latest games in ultra goes up to 90degrees which is absolutely normal. So dont worry :cool:

aroraanant

Explorer
15R SE with Full HD Display wont come in his budget. Its ~63k+5% taxes.
I think basic version of 15R SE or Samsung Series 5 550P would be good for him.

15R SE with 3rd gen i5, FULL HD, backlit keyboard costs around 55k, VAT additional and 3-6% discount can be availed too.

har

In the zone
15R SE with 3rd gen i5, FULL HD, backlit keyboard costs around 55k, VAT additional and 3-6% discount can be availed too.

Thats a very good option too. But do remember you wont be able to game at 1080p using its 7730m. Even the gt650m cant handle that.

If gaming is your priority, samsung still wins. But the full hd of dell has other benefits like movies,and most daily tasks like word processing.

gsbharaj

Right off the assembly line
all the laptops have heating issues except the gaming laptops from alienware and asus G series.
the consumer laptops from hope are not desktop replacements. today laptops are very powerful but at the same time squeezed into small chassis. so, they tend to get warm under load.
if you want a laptop only for gaming then i will not recommend you to buy anything in that budget. otherwise get a gaming console.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
The 15RSE with FHD costs 55k. is this at some online site after using discount coupons etc or the average price in the market?

jatin17

Broken In
even I have the same question ..
Samsung looks the winner as of now, lets see as I am planning to buy in September.

but there are a few questions that I have,
what is matte display, which kind of display is best?
Which GPU is better, 650 or 7730 ?
I have a 23'' LED full HD monitor, can direct the laptop display there ?

I thought this thread is relevant, Please excuse me if its not so......

har

In the zone
even I have the same question ..
Samsung looks the winner as of now, lets see as I am planning to buy in September.

but there are a few questions that I have,
what is matte display, which kind of display is best?
Which GPU is better, 650 or 7730 ?
I have a 23'' LED full HD monitor, can direct the laptop display there ?

I thought this thread is relevant, Please excuse me if its not so......

1) Both have their benefits. But matte is generally preferred. Glossy gives more vibrant colors but matte means good viewing angles and absolutely no reflections. Hence you can stare at the screen for a longer time without your eyes paining due to reflections. In glossy a lot of reflection occurs.

2) GT650M>>>7730m. 7730m is almost at gt640m level. gt650m is a segment higher and a class one card.

3) Yes you can.

rider

as Kratos
As you said you want to know about hp Envy 4. It is an ultrabook so that means it has low power ULV procressors which is good for general everyday tasks, light weight and superb battery life that is upto 8 hours. But for high end gaming and high performance use, it is not recommended. May I know what kinda games you love to play and recently played?

jatin17

Broken In
har

looks like you own the Samsung Series 5 NP550P, Can you upload windows rating screenshot..

Also,
Should you wait a couple more months and go for windows 8 ?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Windows rating doesn't mean anything. You shouldn't really use the retarded WEI as a comparison.

Top Bottom