good dth service?

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
guys can anyone recommend a good dth service provider? tata sky plans don't seem good to me.
my main needs are a few south indian channels for parents and some eng channels like star world,movies at cheap rate and if I get HD channels then it would be great as i am getting a big screen HDTV soon.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Though Tata sky pricing is High, its quality is better compared to competition and service record is good for Tata sky, 3yrs zero complaints for me.

Go for annual or semi annual packs if you want to save more. If you are opting for TATA SKY then go for "south saver" pack, satisfies all your needs( south channels & start world etc)

For HD content better wait for the biggies(Big tv, Airtel, Tata Sky) to bring it, I think only Sun dth and Dish tv have HD set-top box and services right now.

Though Dish tv is cheaper, quality is no where near Tata sky, you can have a demo of both before making your choice :)

Last edited:
OP
T

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
how to have demo? do they have demo in their shops/malls?
and anybody with dish or sun dth pls comment on ur experience esp HD channels eperience.

sujoyp

Grand Master
+1 for tata sky...using for 2 years...even customer service is good and easy(friendly)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Go for a multibrand showroom which have multiple dth services on display. Else have a look at them at shops / friend's place.

My only grouse with Tata sky is that they charge rs 350 per service engineer visit. once a monkey had cut our cable and called cc out of laziness instead of looking at it myself, they automatically cut that amount from my balance. :p

Rahim

Married!
^feature wise.

I have heard that Tata Sky is a little inflexible when it comes to choosing channels. The biggest grouse that i have with all DTH-providers is that they dont telecast FTA Peace TV(Indian channel) but telecast all kinds of Pakistani channels :( Is it fair?
I have seen Tata Sky in my buddy's house and it was very good. So the choice seems obvious. Do i have to pay extra for Sports channels?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I've got Airtel Digital TV two days back and I don't have any problems at all as of now. It even survived small bursts of raining in my town without a single artifacts on TV screen. Though it's a very short time to comment on it, I'm liking it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Bro no artifact come in DTH while raining ...it just go off...I mean u would not face any disturbance ...Just the DTH provider stops the whole transmission

sujoyp

Grand Master
benefit is that untill there is huge rainfall or storm like condition it does not go off...its always crystal clear

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Do people even watch channels anymore ? :O

Anyways, I agree with Tata Sky. Though I don't own it, I have seen both Dish TV and Tata Sky in action. Tata Sky is much better.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
tata sky has more channels than airtel dth. I am using airtel dth for the past 2 years, no problems so far. I will upgrade to TATA SKY HD (not yet launched ) with recorder when i purchase a LCD TV :)

Do people even watch channels anymore ? :O
yup.. Time Warp,Destroyed in seconds, Dirty jobs & Man vs wild on Discovery channel and VH1 playlist,rock rules and left of center on VH1 :D

I like my Reliance BigTV but Tata Sky is real good. It works with any weather, Bigtv goes down in heavy rain :| n00b

Rahim

Married!
Considering that it has been widely accepted that DTH in India fails during rains; then what is the experience in UK, considering that it rains all the time? Technology not the same?? The providers are just passing the buck or simply not interested to invest in right technology considering that technology is available? Have we become dumping ground for airwaves as well?

Top Bottom