Good Blogging Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahahari

In the zone
Well I have made a new Blog Post, which I belive is very relevant to this section,
If you are a blogger, I am sure you will have some que in your mind like

What is your choice of blogging software?

Wordpress period. Nothing beats blogging on this platform. The sheer amout of flexibility must offer you a must use reason.

Cost: Since WordPress is open source it is free.

Control: Once you download WordPress it is yours … you control where to host it. This avoids being "held hostage" by a Blogging service where all the content you have created is on their service, and leaving with your content is either very difficult or impossible.

Community: Themes and Plugins are constantly being created and the strong user base report bugs to allow for the platform to be in a constant state of improvement.

Customizable: Since WordPress is written in PHP there is basically no limits to the customization you can do with your Blog.

Comments/Collaboration: Since Web 2.0 is all about interaction, your readers can comment directly on your Blog post and create an "interactive" discussion online which can be powerful. While it can be powerful, it can also be a negative with all of the Blog Comment Spam that is rampant; this is where all the plug-in come in, one can simply use them to cut down on the spam being put up as comments.

Keeping "Current & Cool": Since adding content is super fast and easy with a blog (as with the WYSIWYG editor), your website can stay "current and cool" with your visitors.

Connect: Facebook, MySpace and Twitter can be an "extension" of your Blog. You can also use video too.

Prescheduled Entries: You can create 52 tips, upload them, and schedule to have one published each week. This "trains" both your visitors and the search engines to keep coming back because there is fresh content being published. This is one of the most underutilized features of blogs currently.

etc....

For more read here,
Blogging Test Results and Tips

If someone wants to link to it through their blog, I would be very happy!!!

Last edited:
OP
hahahari

hahahari

In the zone
Ok here is the reason Y I did not post the whole thing here .... Google will index the content here in Digit forum first as Digit has more authority and then it will follow the link onto my blog and see the same content. This will result in getting my site penalised. I for one do not wish for that to happen. Therefore I posted a small description with a link back to the article.

Crazykiller

Banned
plz paste the complete tutorial here

Well I have made a new Blog Post, which I belive is very relevant to this section,
If you are a blogger, I am sure you will have some que in your mind like

What is your choice of blogging software?

Wordpress period. Nothing beats blogging on this platform. The sheer amout of flexibility must offer you a must use reason.

Cost: Since WordPress is open source it is free.

Control: Once you download WordPress it is yours … you control where to host it. This avoids being "held hostage" by a Blogging service where all the content you have created is on their service, and leaving with your content is either very difficult or impossible.

Community: Themes and Plugins are constantly being created and the strong user base report bugs to allow for the platform to be in a constant state of improvement.

Customizable: Since WordPress is written in PHP there is basically no limits to the customization you can do with your Blog.

Comments/Collaboration: Since Web 2.0 is all about interaction, your readers can comment directly on your Blog post and create an "interactive" discussion online which can be powerful. While it can be powerful, it can also be a negative with all of the Blog Comment Spam that is rampant; this is where all the plug-in come in, one can simply use them to cut down on the spam being put up as comments.

Keeping "Current & Cool": Since adding content is super fast and easy with a blog (as with the WYSIWYG editor), your website can stay "current and cool" with your visitors.

Connect: Facebook, MySpace and Twitter can be an "extension" of your Blog. You can also use video too.

Prescheduled Entries: You can create 52 tips, upload them, and schedule to have one published each week. This "trains" both your visitors and the search engines to keep coming back because there is fresh content being published. This is one of the most underutilized features of blogs currently.

etc....

For more read here,
Blogging Test Results and Tips

If someone wants to link to it through their blog, I would be very happy!!!

WHERE DO I GET THE ABOVE NAMED SOFTWARE???
plz provide a link hahahari

Last edited:
Are you using a free hosting service ??

And would there be integration problems if i use

3rd party Free hosting service + Wordpress ????

OP
hahahari

hahahari

In the zone
I am not using free host but as long as the Free host has Mysql and PHP, you will be good. All you are going to do is install the wordpress script on the blog, there will not be any integration problem. But like I said, U need MYSQl and PHP. In you are going to use free hosts, please backup your database regularly as they tend to go down pretty often. If you would like me to refer you to a cheap but good paid host, PM me.

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
Friends I blog in blog.co.in, a wordpress hosted site., but I can't edit the theme or use any plugins., What Should I do.. Any blog.co.in bloggers here???
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Friends I blog in blog.co.in, a wordpress hosted site., but I can't edit the theme or use any plugins., :x What Should I do.. Any blog.co.in bloggers here???

Last edited:
OP
hahahari

hahahari

In the zone
Et tu Brutus.
Sigh ! I saw none thanking you hence the quote from me. Carry on the favours.

I figured as much.... btw if you want to go latin, it is "Et tu, Brute?" and in eng it is, "You too, Brutus?" .... Anyway thank you for your support my friend. Any more que, ask away!

OP
hahahari

hahahari

In the zone
Like he said, U need FTP access to do that. Blog.co.in is not self hosted hence you cannot use additional themes or plugins

OP
hahahari

hahahari

In the zone
^Crazykiller basically U install wordpress on your server or go get a Blogger acct or some similar hosted service....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom