Good and not too expensive VoLTE supporting phone

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hi,
I would like to buy a good phone for my mom that supports VoLTE. My only requirments(besides VoLTE) are good battery life and atleast 1GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. How are the lyf phones btw?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you want great battery life, get a Redmi 3s or Redmi Note 3. People are getting 2 days of battery life with moderate usage easily.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Get Redmi Note 3
It satisfies all your requirements

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
If you want great battery life, get a Redmi 3s or Redmi Note 3. People are getting 2 days of battery life with moderate usage easily.

Get Redmi Note 3
It satisfies all your requirements

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Redmi 3S if on tight budget else Redmi Note 3

Sent from my mobile device

Yeah... I also had those phones in mind. However, I do not like MIUI too much though. I myself have a redmi 2 prime and I have put CM13 on it. I think my mom would get confused with the UI. How are the lyf phones? They seem to have pure android without too much skinning. Some say they are terrible performance wise while some say they are okay. I am confused.

Bear in mind that the phone is for my mom. All she will use it for is calling, whatsapp and listening to music. So if I get a decent phone for 6-7k it would be great. Don't want to spend 9k.

N@LiM

Right off the assembly line
MIUI skin is user friendly... though heavy and not preferred. But should be OK for your mom..

N@LiM

The answer is obvious....no one has experience and feedback in general is that they are shut phones

bubusam13

Human
Here everyone is recommending Redmi. But being using both phones, I would recommend Leeco(Letv) Le 2. Build quality, OS, camera, material, everything is lot better than Redmi 3. Also no heating problem.
I had my colleague buy the Redmi 3S. But it have some issue with the Gallery application and the IR remote.

I am using Lyf Flame 1 just for Jio network. Worst phone purchased ever. You can prepare omelet on it. Moto G4. Dont even think of buying it.

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Here everyone is recommending Redmi. But being using both phones, I would recommend Leeco(Letv) Le 2. Build quality, OS, camera, material, everything is lot better than Redmi 3. Also no heating problem.
I had my colleague buy the Redmi 3S. But it have some issue with the Gallery application and the IR remote.

I am using Lyf Flame 1 just for Jio network. Worst phone purchased ever. You can prepare omelet on it. Moto G4. Dont even think of buying it.

I have reached out to some other people and everyone has the same opinion about lyf phones. Laggy and heats up. I'll pass.

I prefer xiaomi phones because they have dev support. I am using CM13 on my phone and its awesome. Probably getting CM14 soon.

bininishere

Hi,
I would like to buy a good phone for my mom that supports VoLTE. My only requirments(besides VoLTE) are good battery life and atleast 1GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. How are the lyf phones btw?
You can very well go ahead with Samsung On5 pro. 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM. And budget friendly too. Only Rs 8.5K

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

bininishere

Has TFT display. :rofl:

Samdung is still making those!
Probably you should read what papul1993's requirement. He needs a phone for his mom and am sure whether a TFT or AMOLED display that doesnt make any difference for her.

Also if she miscarried the phone; and the screen breaks off, it will be pretty much cheaper to replace a TFT than AMOLED..!!

Lastly, Samsung was a Samdung only before Lollipop. Using Android since Froyo and my experience with Samsung with the followed updates, Samsung now no more any Samdung..!!

Am using Samsung On5 pro, having 90+ apps installed, the phone never showed any sign of lag. Being my 3rd Samsung mobile, it goes perfect for me and will be a loyal customer ever after..

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^wow. didn't expect this post from anyone. I have just lost the respect of Samsung. that is all here is to say. Sony isnt much behind them in giving such horrible configs in low to mid range segment and for example , slapping 18k on a 13(max) mobile. Also, i really doubt samsung's quality. Based on experience of people in my contacts, people face as many problem as micromax or lava phone owners face, the thing is , samsung has more number of service centers so they are still considered big in the market. that is it. i will never suggest a samsung mobile to anyone.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^ Especially after all the Note 7 explosions Samsung definitely has become Sam-dung :D. Samsung had garnered quite a lot of respect from buyers after it launched S6, S6 Edge followed by even better S7, S7 Edge but explosions in Note 7 - & not to mention a man's Jeep went up in flames because he was charging his Note 7 - definitely has hurt its reputation and if Samsung doesn't do something to pacify the situation then it definitely will become SamSHIT!

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
^^ Especially after all the Note 7 explosions Samsung definitely has become Sam-dung :D. Samsung had garnered quite a lot of respect from buyers after it launched S6, S6 Edge followed by even better S7, S7 Edge but explosions in Note 7 - & not to mention a man's Jeep went up in flames because he was charging his Note 7 - definitely has hurt its reputation and if Samsung doesn't do something to pacify the situation then it definitely will become SamSHIT!
Unlike other manufacturers atleast it did not ignore the problem
Also only around 30-40 units exploded from 2-3million and yet they issued a full recall which I doubt any other company would have done

Top Bottom