Good 700W PSU under 7K

Status
Not open for further replies.

layzee

■■■■■■
I recently got my self a new 9800GTX+ and want to upgrade my PSU.
What should I go for among the following:-

1. Corsair 620W
2. Tagan BZ-700
3. CoolerMaster 650W

Please help me out in selecting one of these...

imgame2

Padawan
I recently got my self a new 9800GTX+ and want to upgrade my PSU.
What should I go for among the following:-

1. Corsair 620W
2. Tagan BZ-700
3. CoolerMaster 650W

Please help me out in selecting one of these...

for 9800 GTX+ even corsair vx450 W is enough if u have core2duo and extremely overclock it and overclock ur gfx card HD4870/GTX260 as well u will do great with a HX520 or Vx550 ..why do u want a monstorous PSU ..?? but its ur choice

i don't know why people from kolkata prefer 9800gtx+ over ati HD4850 .....but anyways i should keep my mouth shut over this topic ...:-|

corsair HX620W is the best bet above the three as it can deliver upto 740W
Tagan BZ700W has maxmium o/p that can be achived is 700W which in practical u will not achieve ...since it run with >80% efficieny (about 85.11% approx) ..but corsair can give upto 88% of efficiency ...which is almost the best u can get ...hardly any PSU can go near that efficiency ...specially with higher wattages ...

CM is also good but efficiency curve is best for corsair out of the three ...

u can also consider corsair TX750 W CMPSU750TX available @ itwares for 7.1k ..

review -

HX 620W - *www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/371/10

HX750W - *www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/505/8

tkin

Back to school!!
for 9800 GTX+ even corsair vx450 W is enough if u have core2duo and extremely overclock it and overclock ur gfx card HD4870/GTX260 as well u will do great with a HX520 or Vx550 ..why do u want a monstorous PSU ..?? but its ur choice

i don't know why people from kolkata prefer 9800gtx+ over ati HD4850 .....but anyways i should keep my mouth shut over this topic ...:-|

corsair HX620W is the best bet above the three as it can deliver upto 740W
Tagan BZ700W has maxmium o/p that can be achived is 700W which in practical u will not achieve ...since it run with >80% efficieny (about 85.11% approx) ..but corsair can give upto 88% of efficiency ...which is almost the best u can get ...hardly any PSU can go near that efficiency ...specially with higher wattages ...

CM is also good but efficiency curve is best for corsair out of the three ...

u can also consider corsair TX750 W CMPSU750TX available @ itwares for 7.1k ..

review -

HX 620W - *www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/371/10

HX750W - *www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/505/8
Guess we're a bit eccentric:D:D:D.
But it so happens almost all stores in Kolkata stocks nVidia cards
(Even better, XFX cards only:mad::mad: )
Its very hard to get ATI cards here.
I felt it when looking for my X1900XT, had one of my relatives get it from Singapore:D:mad::D

arijit_2404

still find time for games
I have corsair PSU.
Buy it and you won't need any PSU for next 5-7 years. I mean it. :)

Silent and efficient.

tkin

Back to school!!
I have corsair PSU.

Silent and efficient.
You Said it, HX may seem a bit costly but a VX should suffice his system.

Also get a good UPS, layzee.

Kolkata is the city of Powercuts now-a-days, an APC 650va is recommended.

imgame2

Padawan
I have corsair PSU.

Silent and efficient.

thats a long stretch of time ..u don't know how much power hungry CPU and processors are going to in 2 years .......so don't know how if much could be said about PSU ...

tkin

Back to school!!
thats a long stretch of time ..u don't know how much power hungry CPU and processors are going to in 2 years .......so don't know how if much could be said about PSU ...
Yeah, talk about Larabee with 32 cores(Even Nehalem with 8 cores)

arijit_2404

I ain't talking about vx series but HX or TX series is sufficient for next few years that you can expect.

I've bought TX750. It has so many cables unused.
IMHO TX750 can serve even cross-fired HD4870 with next-gen CPU easily.
:)

imgame2

Padawan
I ain't talking about vx series but HX or TX series is sufficient for next few years that you can expect.

I've bought TX750. It has so many cables unused.
IMHO TX750 can serve even cross-fired HD4870 with next-gen CPU easily.
:)

does it produce a lot of noise ...because in reviews i saw that it produces a lot of noise ...?

and do u have a crossfire as far as i remember u have MSI P45 mobo right ..??

how is the mobo performing for ya ...??

It can serve 3xHD4870 with a C2Q 9550 .......4GB RAM and 2 HDDs.....dont under-estimate it.

i dare not do that ...all i was saying is since more powerful cards and cpu's are coming up ..we can't really predict how much power hungry they will be ..things can change pretty fast ..in computer industry and thats my experience ...

Last edited:

arijit_2404

does it produce a lot of noise ...because in reviews i saw that it produces a lot of noise ...?

and do u have a crossfire as far as i remember u have MSI P45 mobo right ..??

how is the mobo performing for ya ...??

I am speaking as a general opinion.
I don't have crossfire enabled mobo. P45Neo is giving very stable performance. I don't feel any peformance issues.
E8400 is giving excellent performance with this mobo.

TX750 doesn't have any noise despite of big fan. I found proccy and GFX fan produce more noise than PSU fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom