Going Wire Free ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Hi guys i have a PC which i dont move much , it stays in the place it is . and a Dlink GLB-502T ADSL 2+ Router , and a BSNL Net Connection . Can Anyone please tell me the things required and the process of becoming Wireless? I want to connect my PSP with the Computer thats y i need wi-fi . i am very new to all these things . also can anyone show the digram of connections i like these kinds of modems ,router , i dont know what it is called

*www.itsale.co.kr/product/KWGR614/KWGR614_m.jpg

*images.amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/B000K7OBRG-2-lg.jpg

also from this image i tried to figure out that the setup will become something like this

*img520.imageshack.us/img520/3492/b000k7obrg2lgbd6.jpg

which is very messy . can anyone suggest any info about wireless?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
This might help you although it's specifically for Airtel broadband:

*sanjaygoel.blogspot.com/2006/12/setting-up-wireless-router-with-airtel.html

din

Tribal Boy
Max, refer these

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54225 (Reference Guide on How to Share DataOne Connection.... - Choto Cheeta)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62567 (setup a home wifi-lan, share internet connection - infra_red_dude)

But not sure about PSP

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
my pc remains at same place so no chance of buying
1) desktop wifi pci card/usb adaptor ~rs.1k . ? also do i need my old GLB 502T router ?

off topic :
Now i understand ur feeling after watching "mere baap pehle aap" and "Jaane Tu ya jaane na" ....... is there any club or sumthing like that to join ?

I dont understand, without getting a WI-FI card, how do u intend of establishing a Wi-Fi connection b/n ur PC and PSP. anyone willing to shed some light???

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^^ my pc is in the place and it will always be in that place only , even the Router will b at the same place. only psp will be wire free .

off topic :
Now i understand ur feeling after watching "mere baap pehle aap" and "Jaane Tu ya jaane na" ....... is there any club or sumthing like that to join ?

Watch more movies like "bomarrillu" to see the type of genelia i like the most

Last edited:
Offtopic:
sorry ..but i dnt knw any south indian lang ..... she is very sweet .... and actually sometimes she resembles my girl (face, talking style etc..), may be that y i like her that much. and i like her talking style the most. its quite different. waiting for her next hindi movie.

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Offtopic:
sorry ..but i dnt knw any south indian lang ..... she is very sweet .... and actually sometimes she resembles my girl (face, talking style etc..), may be that y i like her that much. and i like her talking style the most. its quite different. waiting for her next hindi movie.

Offtopic:
Even i didnt knew any south language , i learnt by watching movies . also hail subtitles . Ditto as you . I Also like her talking style the most .
you can join this group for latest updates,interviews etc . *geneliaonline.cjb.net/ .

are, I do understand that ur PC and Router will be stationary.
But how will u create a Wi-Fi connection b/n ur PC and PSP if u dnt have wi-fi devices on both.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well dude....

Have a look at these Netgear DG834G (*www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/DG834G.aspx) and DG834GT (*www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/SuperGWirelessRouters/DG834GT.aspx).....

They got everything in one. ADSL2+ modem, router, LAN switch & Wi-fi.....

You can now dump your old Dlink 502T ADSL modem to avoid the connection with your ADSL modem & your preferred Router [KWGR614 in the photo]......Do clarify the prices in your area.

my pc remains at same place so no chance of buying
1) desktop wifi pci card/usb adaptor ~rs.1k . ? also do i need my old GLB 502T router ?
Yes, Desktop Wifi PCI card or USB adaoptor will be at most 1K....

Dlink 502T will only be needed if you'll be getting only a Wifi router like KWGR614....

AFAIK, you'll only be able to use that PSP for browsing the Internet through the Router??

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
To clear few things..

Get the All in one (wifi+wired+switch+adsl modem) like the one mentioned above. Use the Adsl modem in that to connect to your broadband, use its routing capabilities to make your home wirefree.

Things you need:

1) All in one router
2) Some RJ45 cable to connect the router to your Desktop

Thats about it.. you do not need a wifi adapter for your desktop if both router and pc will be at their fixed places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom