Going to buy Dell Studio XPS 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimbus_007

Furious GaMeR
Guys....................

I finally decided to get a lappy Dell Studio XPS 16 the total cost is 73K..

If any one likes to comment of the lappy it would surely help me.. Plz give ur valuable suggestions before i buy.

If any one brought the Dell Studio XPS please comment about the performance..

harry10

Gadgets freak
totally waste of money

get DELL 15 its more over equal to 16

^^^ +1 to that. Why you wasting so much money for almost same config which you can get in Studio 14 and Studio 15 which are 50k abouts. Think.

Also Studio 16 is 66k around so how you getting in 73k. If you want some discount on Dell let me know as i know someone there.

AM using studio 14 right now. Have used XPS M1330 and M1530 and trust me not much of a difference. In fact the XPSM1330 was of less config than my current one.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Also, the HP DV4 1242TX (at Rs.58K) and HP DV4 1240 TX (at Rs.52K) are better than all of DELL's lappy configurations.. :)

THe HP DV4 1242 TX and 1240 TX hv the following same configurations:
Processor- C2d 2.0Ghz
RAM- 4GB (in 1242tx) and 3GB (in 1240tx)
HDD:320GB
GPU: 512 MB dedicated nVIDIA 9200M GS
Headphone jack: 2 (supporting dual headphone, same as in DELL's lappys)

So, i think u shud better consider these above models too.. :)
-------------

Cheers n e-peace....

OP
nimbus_007

nimbus_007

Furious GaMeR
You changed my mind....... again..!!!!!!! At first i was going to buy a Desktop.... Then i changed to laptop and now i am think all over again.....

actually the Dell Studio XPS 16 model is 68k i added sleave and tv turner card the price went to 73k....

And i enquired about DV4 lappy and its 64k comes with C2D 2.0 3 gb DDR2 and blue ray drive....

The only thing is i may or may not go further studies to abroad.... so i am stuck in choosing a lappy or a Desk.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^^ its not like laptop or desktop

if i were u means i would surely bought a desktop & laptop for 75K

one powerful desktop AMD phenom 920 with HD 4870 card 48K

Acer 5930 laptop for 32K

totally end up with 80K good platform in all use

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Dell XPS 16 is totally a waste of money like every1 above's told u.. U just pay thousands for just the XPS tag. The graphics card aint that good ..geforce 9400m is slower than HD 4570 which u can get in Studio 15...
also theres an MSI GX630 laptop..its for 62k(exc. tax)..and its got geforce 9600M GT! but has an AMD 2.2 ghz processor...so if u're not loyal to intel then u can consider that too...its got amazing looks and also its got a turbo mode feature wherein u can overclock it to a preset setting...

birendrakumar30

Right off the assembly line
dear......
As i know every Dell laptops have same performance. spceial quality with XPS is that they are light weight, for that why should you pay 73, better go f or LENAVO Y430. I THINK THIS COST AROUND 51-53 THOUSAND WITH HAVING GREAT PERFORMANCE AND HIGH CONFIGURATION.

supercow

The New ASSASIN!
Hey my friend bought a DELL STUDIO XPS a week before and it's performance is very nice..... also it has DDR3 RAM which is very faster and also the 3670 graphics is very much similar to 9600 GT in terms of performance. also LED display is very nice. DEAD SPACE is very playable at very high settings and Devil May Cry 4 is gr8.... But avoid the sleeve at all costs just a pure waste of money, nothing but a local rexin case....

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
You changed my mind....... again..!!!!!!! At first i was going to buy a Desktop.... Then i changed to laptop and now i am think all over again.....

actually the Dell Studio XPS 16 model is 68k i added sleave and tv turner card the price went to 73k....

And i enquired about DV4 lappy and its 64k comes with C2D 2.0 3 gb DDR2 and blue ray drive....

The only thing is i may or may not go further studies to abroad.... so i am stuck in choosing a lappy or a Desk.

Yup, u are jus like me, even i was deciding on a GAMING lappy then guys here really gave me valuable suggestions then i changed my mind to build a new gaming Desktop (see my siggy) :D
----------------

Well, for u in this case, i think, if gaming is NOT ur priority, or even if u are a casual gamer (who will be satisfied with playing games on med settings).. then getting alappy is a good idea,

wat ppl are suggesting about NOT getting a XPS tagged lappy is purely true, believe me and believe them as well bro.. :) (i, myself researched 12 months for a lappy and ended up getting a really WORTH-ALL-MY-MONEY desktop).. :)
-------------

Consider other lappy, like say for eg: HP's DV4 (model: 1242 tx) wich is for Rs.58K (mumbai price) wich comes way better gpu card than the DELL series... :)

OR a lenovo thinkpad.. :)

OP
nimbus_007

nimbus_007

Furious GaMeR
@supercow.... U own a dell studio 16 XPS laptop ???? bro can u say how is the keyboard and Display...??? if u can post some of ur original pictures of the keyboard and lcd that will really help me a lot.... R u from hyd ???

@Ashu...

Ya man this decision is very tough to make.... As soo many r saying, to opt for another lappy, i checked out every thing except MSI the HP dv5 series is just a waste my friend brought one and i not at all liked the keyboard and the display...

And based on the Dell 16 XPS config... i asked the HP people to suggest me a laptop they suggested me lappy which blowed my mind off which some business lappy and u will not believe me 86k...!!!

The only thing that keeps me dragging toward DELL their quality....

Its just like buying a bike in between pulsar and some bajaj 150 cc bike what will u choose...

And the second thing is i did not do my research yet but they r giving a DDR3 supported motherboard even though for performance i think i will be able to change the processor to a quard core processor (i think it can be done if not tell me now )

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
i think i will be able to change the processor to a quard core processor (i think it can be done if not tell me now )

U mean u wanna change the processor toa quad core (wenever it comes in the market) on ur LAPPY ?? if yes, then im sorry buddy, Processors on lappy are jus not possible to upgrade, they are made tat way wherein upgradation is not possible.. :(

If those ppl are saying tat they will upgrade, i wont believe them yaar.. :(

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^^ ashu888ashu888 is 100% true

if u really interested in it go for DELL studio 16 , XPS 16 is also good

if 80K is ur budget then go for

Toshiba Qosmio G50 laptop £849.99 ,

18.6 inch monitor 9600GT card , centrino 2 P8400

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Toshiba Qosmio G50 laptop £849.99
Is it available in India ? :confused:
---------

Also, the OP is really confused him self b/w a PC and a lappy, forget abt choosing from the various lappy models tat we all are bombarding on him.. :D:D:D

OP
nimbus_007

nimbus_007

Furious GaMeR
@damn Toshiba Qosmio G50 is a low config lappie and it does not have built in bluetooth and its 2.0 gz processor with 250 gb hard disk... and 18.4 is not a lappy its a freaking TV

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yaa right..
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
^^

yaa right..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.