Going Manual help me with a DSLR

$hadow

Geek in making
I'm basically going to upgrade to a DSLR.

So lets talk about my requirements:

1. Budget: Since this is going to be my first dslr, I am not willing to spend much. Max 25k

2. Upgradability: I need good amount of OEM and Third party accessory support, mostly lenses. I will keep on adding lens to it in future.

3. Life span: I am looking for a relatively new camera, hopefully launched in 2013 or 2014, better if upcoming. That way I can keep using the camera throughout its expected life span and would be 'future ready,' so to speak.

4. Usage: Mostly in door and low lights pics with some still outdoor pics.

I have no idea about the other feature, so suggest the best.

Things I don't give a fork about: Wi fi, GPS.

Things I'd love to have but would hate to pay much premium: Articulated screen, high res screen/viewfinder, usb charging option.

Now I had narrowed down to a few options:
Nikon: D3200,
Canon: 1200D

Help [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You can never expect your body to be future proof. It is because as soon as you start adding lenses you will come the conclusion that both those entry level bodies has very bad ISO performance secondly you will be at loss over their shutter speed that is if you are serious enough about photography. I'm assuming you will be since buying lenses as concept is great,it is the lens that will get great images but its the body too who is gonna help you focus fast with low noise,that's the key. So get something better than a entry level body since you gonna get more lense in the near future. With entry level DSLRs you will miss s lot,from focus points to manual controls to everything under the sun. Look at 600D/5200 at least. Better 60/70D/D7000/7100.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
You can never expect your body to be future proof. It is because as soon as you start adding lenses you will come the conclusion that both those entry level bodies has very bad ISO performance secondly you will be at loss over their shutter speed that is if you are serious enough about photography. I'm assuming you will be since buying lenses as concept is great,it is the lens that will get great images but its the body too who is gonna help you focus fast with low noise,that's the key. So get something better than a entry level body since you gonna get more lense in the near future. With entry level DSLRs you will miss s lot,from focus points to manual controls to everything under the sun. Look at 600D/5200 at least. Better 60/70D/D7000/7100.

Long time no see brother.
Now I am a beginner and you can assume I have little to very low knowledge regarding all that shutter speed and all. I want to learn from the basic plus already on the tight budget. So I am asking is the difference paid will be noticeable in the time I mean will the camera age well in comparison to these two beginning dslr.

Hrishi

Get the Canon 600D or Nikon D5200. [ Both are good , IMO.] . I would suggest Canon though.
On a side note , it really won't matter later on. Trust me. All that would matter would be your skills. If you are into serious photography , an equipment barely becomes a barrier unless you having a really old age equipment.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Get a better body brother , don't get something that's too damn basic,that basic will become too damn evident soon, get a 600D or 5200 at least.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
So that means I basically have to wait to either get the price of these cameras down or get more money either case I won't be able to buy it now. I am maxed out at 27k.
Thanks [MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] and [MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] for the input

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes you better get D5100+kit...thats also good enough. D3200 grip and features are very basic. I am sure D5100 is just stock clearence now and will disappere from market soon.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Everyone has got different opinions. You're more likely to get confused with them. And here are mine to confuse you even more ;)

If you're going for a DSLR, study it's limitation first against it's rivals and see if you can live with that. If you think you can, you're very good to go and make the purchase.

- I don't know when I am gonna buy my first DSLR. But when I do, I will most likely to go for the cheapest DSLR. Why? Because, I don't have a heart for spending a lotta money on hobbies.
- Almost all the time, there is a better camera @ higher price range. Try to satisfy with the ones which fits your budget.
- If you think you will really find those physical controls (knobs and buttons) useful, better think about going for used ones.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Everyone has got different opinions. You're more likely to get confused with them. And here are mine to confuse you even more ;)

If you're going for a DSLR, study it's limitation first against it's rivals and see if you can live with that. If you think you can, you're very good to go and make the purchase.

- I don't know when I am gonna buy my first DSLR. But when I do, I will most likely to go for the cheapest DSLR. Why? Because, I don't have a heart for spending a lotta money on hobbies.
- Almost all the time, there is a better camera @ higher price range. Try to satisfy with the ones which fits your budget.
- If you think you will really find those physical controls (knobs and buttons) useful, better think about going for used ones.

Your first two points are the same as I am thinking.
I just want to understand the usage of DSLR but the fact of overspending on my budget is something I am not able to make up for.
Now as per my current budget I got options like
D5100 about 3 years old and 16MP sensor
D3200 which is said to be a great camera for beginners and video made
D5200 can stretch to it but it is costly.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Hmm I will wait a while then to see new models so that these old models prices came down.

Top Bottom