GNOME 2.20: A new hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
infra_red_dude said:
err.. well if you consider the stock eye candy then gnome loses out to kde.
ofcourse!Gnome lives for simplicity and usability,while Trolltech's-qt's Kde is for options and options to set and eyecandy by default.

praka123

left this forum longback
^I hope ur yet to hear about the badmouthing of Gnome by kde fanboys :-| try slashdot!
btwn ya all remember- Linus recommended all to shift to Kde :lol: and ditch Gnome(gr8 man, :rolleyes: ) and now Linus is arguing C(Gnome) rocks and C++(qt base/kde) sucks.
is it hypocrisy? :?
*emonk.debianuruguay.org/?p=42
*digg.com/linux_unix/Linus_Torvalds_hates_C

vish786

"The Gentleman"
infra_red_dude said:
but hey wid gnome in our hands we can even compete wid Mac OS X for eyecandy!! :D :D
aah ha... their u go. :D

i cant c linux users fightin among themselves.

src2206

In the zone
praka123 said:
^I hope ur yet to hear about the badmouthing of Gnome by kde fanboys :-| try slashdot!
btwn ya all remember- Linus recommended all to shift to Kde :lol: and ditch Gnome(gr8 man, :rolleyes: ) and now Linus is arguing C(Gnome) rocks and C++(qt base/kde) sucks.
is it hypocrisy? :?
*emonk.debianuruguay.org/?p=42
*digg.com/linux_unix/Linus_Torvalds_hates_C

I think Linus is flexible and accepts things as it changes....it is a quality of a really educated human being and Linus is just one of those very few.

Sorry pal, but I do not think it is hipocracy.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
no, seriously vish. no wonder i prefer gnome: light, simple, extremely customizable. these are really the strong points of gnome against kde.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah i used to prefer kde too (mebbe even now after kde 4 is released). but extremely customisability is whats pulls me to gnome.

praka123

left this forum longback
kde too advertises customization as its big point.many prefers kde for customization thingy only.@ird:u can try kde4 soon.
Gnome may(can) not be able to achieve the superiority and apps,customizablitly as in kde.
g33ks may be living in europe :D afaik Europe completely prefers Kde!
while US,India and few other countries shows Gnome usage larger(may be ubuntu?)

but still Gnome DE is a darling for newbies and non-tech-savvy(non-geeks) people to use as Gnome "simply works" without customization after every install.although Gnome hides its customizability as registry.(infact some says a registry db is a good idea that it saves all configs and option in a central location).no,not the way windows(binary) registry works and bloats and slowing down the system.

Above all Gnome is the project of -->FSF
reg,the earlier post
just to refresh what Linus told.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
infra_red_dude said:
yeah i used to prefer kde too (mebbe even now after kde 4 is released). but simplicity is whats pulls me to gnome.
+1

But waiting for KDE 4.0 (4.1, 4.2... etc. to be more precise) eagerly...

praka123

left this forum longback
infact u can get more ideas about gconf(registry?) here:
*polishlinux.org/gnome/gconf-gnome-under-the-hood/
and gconf cleaner :D
*code.google.com/p/gconf-cleaner/
debs for debian,ubuntu:
*www.getdeb.net/release.php?id=1229

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
actually its better if gconf is kept minimalistic in nature. we don't want it to become analogous to the windows registry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom