gmail's pop3 mail reader in java

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
*thakur.dheeraj.googlepages.com/TriggerMail.zip

i am giving it a gui touch :) and when this software will complete it will store mail in database :)

Trigger Mail Active (Trigger is a java program it connect to the Gmail’s pop3 server and than it retrieve the mail and display the mail on screen) It took me 12 hour to make such a small program because of power cut (Load shedding of 10 hour) Still this program is in development phase and when it will complete it would be able to retrieve mail from desired number of pop3 server and it will use the master password for security which means when the user will sign in to the trigger it will retrieve mail from listed pop3 server and it will display all the mail in single inbox, plus I’ll integrate this application to database and it will store all the mail in database. It will give following benefit to the users.
1. It will store and index all the mail in database, which will help user to search mail with the keyword and it will process the result.
2. Security:- Because all the mail would be in single database so it would be difficult for unauthorized person to access the mail.
3. Disaster Management: - Some time people delete their mail and later they realize they have deleted important mail. So to tackle this problem I am adding another feature in it which will replicate all the delete mail.
zip file has source code too with javax.mail api

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I have an query. Can you add support for yahoopops or something similar? That would be quite useful.

OP
D

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
it is still under dev phase. so when it will complete it will allow user to add as many pop3 a/c he want including the imap :)
i am setting up web site for project too :)
*trigger.desi-tek.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom