gmail startup time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
i use a fast dialup connection and webpages comeup opens fastly , but gmail alwys takes a long time to login !!
do any1 know why ??

OP
mohit sharma

mohit sharma

Journeyman
well there is a technology calied as RSS and it is shown in address bar og gmail .
can anyone tell something about this technology .
i had read some articles about them but can't understand the concept really !!

jay4u

In the zone
i have heard that gmail downloads a javascript which is about 140 kb and then it runs.... dont know whether is true or not... if someone knows please post...

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
Well... talking about RSS ... it's very good if you don't wanna surf too much and know what's new on any site that has RSS. It's called Really Simple Syndication. For more and to create ur own... goto ... *360.yahoo.com/ravish_hye and view the blog dated Oct, 24

-----------------------------------------
*ravishchandra.blogspot.com

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
The actual theme of the topic was lost in discussing RSS here.

Actually GMail uses a new technology called AJAX which uses JScript to execute commands from the web browser.

To know more:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31071&highlight=ajax

OP
mohit sharma

mohit sharma

Journeyman
one more query as jay4u told it's 140 kb javascript download bfore gmail gets to work , is this download happens everytime ??
means if i open and check my gmail account 30 times a day , this download takes 30 times !!!!!
bcoz everytime i connect to net to check email in a day , everytime gmail takes a long time !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom