Gmail on steroids: Better Gmail (A Firefox extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
Source: Linux.com
Gmail's good, but it could be better. Better Gmail features several Greasemonkey scripts that enhance Gmail in lots of different ways - like adding saved searches, attachment icons, label colors, keyboard macros, a filter assistant and right-click conversation previews. But not everyone wants to install Greasemonkey and hunt down all those scripts.

To save you the time, all the best Greasemonkey scripts for Gmail have been compiled into one handy Firefox extension, called Better Gmail. After the jump, put your Gmail on steroids with Better Gmail.
Screenshots of Better Gmail in action.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
sachin_kothari said:
After installing this extension GMail tends to slow down a bit. :(
Have any of you faced the same problem?

Better Gmail Firefox extension version 0.6 now available:p:grin::p

All platforms running Firefox: The latest revision of my very own homecooked Better Gmail Firefox extension, version 0.6, is now available for your downloading pleasure.
Update: Thanks to all the readers who found the skin bug with v. 0.6. A patched release is now available.
This release is leaner, meaner and snappier than ever as most of my effort went into resolving performance problems. If you disabled a previous version because of slow page loads, give this one a another whirl. Also, this rev includes a disk usage progress bar for keeping an eye on your ever-filling inbox (as pictured). Finally, I'm thrilled to announce that the fine testers at Mozilla Add-ons approved Better Gmail for public downloads. Huzzah!

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Does greasemonkey scripts corrupts Firfox anyway? I mean its security. I have heard some of my friends saying not to install Greasemonkey. Is there something like this?

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
Lucky_star said:
Does greasemonkey scripts corrupts Firfox anyway? I mean its security. I have heard some of my friends saying not to install Greasemonkey. Is there something like this?
Greasemonkey did have some problems last year but I have never heard it leading to a compromise in the browser. It uses javascripts so you should just be careful of where you get the scripts from. If the source is trusted then there should not be any problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom