Gmail not opening..... please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
I am not able to open my GMAIL account. I have recently started using Airtel GPRS (Mobile Office) connection to connet to the Internet with my computer.

I am using Windows XP SP2 and IE 6. Is there any issue with Airtel GPRS and GMAIL ???? kindly please tell me and help me out.

I am however, able to view and open all other sites, including MSN, Hotmail, rediffmail , etc.,

And yes, I forgot to tell you, I can open *gmail.google.com but I cannot login to my account after giving the username and password. If says, Loadin.... and nothing happen and IE stops responding.

So, please help me out.

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
Well,
I don't think there's any problem with your net connection! As you might know, the Gmail uses a different platform for the webmail, try playing with ur IE to check if it works... AND do not forget to check you JRE!!

---------------------------------------
*ravishchandra.blogspot.com

choudang

Padawan
check your JRE is enabled or not for IE. i had that prob, i found my JRE was not configured prop'ly. no problem with GPRS...

hsksattish

Broken In
Do u have any firewall ?If u have any firewall then try allowing all cookies for google.com in your firewall's preferences.

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Ravi+ish said:
Well,
I don't think there's any problem with your net connection! As you might know, the Gmail uses a different platform for the webmail, try playing with ur IE to check if it works... AND do not forget to check you JRE!!

warrior said:
check your JRE is enabled or not for IE. i had that prob, i found my JRE was not configured prop'ly. no problem with GPRS...

What is JRE ? and how to enable it.

hsksattish said:
Do u have any firewall ?If u have any firewall then try allowing all cookies for google.com in your firewall's preferences.

I have Sygate Personal Firewall and Windows XP SP2 firewall enabled, I tried to disable them and then login but IE stops responding after show Loading... on the left side of the IE window. This happens after a few minutes. (NOTE : I cannot see the RED Loading... text on the right and before it appears IE stops responding.

Please help me out.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
JRE or JVM gives support for web pages with java script or for java applications.

JRE : Java Runtime Environment (Sun Microsystems)
JVM : Java Virtual Machine (Microsoft)

You can find these on most IT magazine supplement discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom