GMail label name problem !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
I'll try my best to explain the problem that i'm facing.What i want to do is to apply label on my mails.... say i apply label xyz to mail no 7 to 10. The problem is that the labels should behave like folders.I know they are quite different from folders.
What i want is that if i applied label xyz to mail 7-10 then the mail shouldn't be shown in the inbox rather i should be able to access mail 7-10 when i click on label xyz.
This is to make my inbox a bit clean with a few important mails only.The stuff that i uploaded using Gmail drive should be in the label gmail and should not be shown in the inbox.I hope you all got the problem

TIA
dirtydignity

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
K then move it to the label and then archive it form the inbox...
Or better , create filters and make them go to ur labels usin rules and have a clutter free inbox...

OP
hittheswitch

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession

Thanks for your reply but can you make your reply a bit more detailed.I was not able to understand what you were trying to say.
TIA
dirtydignity

premrajeev

Journeyman
hey.

u can create folders for respective items and name it as u like and then use filters to move mails automatically to those folders just like outlike express..

If u r not thoroug with filter, try experimenting with msg rules in outlook or outlook express.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
hittheswitch said:
I'll try my best to explain the problem that i'm facing.What i want to do is to apply label on my mails.... say i apply label xyz to mail no 7 to 10. The problem is that the labels should behave like folders.I know they are quite different from folders.
What i want is that if i applied label xyz to mail 7-10 then the mail shouldn't be shown in the inbox rather i should be able to access mail 7-10 when i click on label xyz.
This is to make my inbox a bit clean with a few important mails only.The stuff that i uploaded using Gmail drive should be in the label gmail and should not be shown in the inbox.I hope you all got the problem

TIA
dirtydignity

After putting those mails into a label, press the Archive button.

Or, if u want to always do both of these things(labeling and archiving) for mails with some keyword or from a paricular sender, then u can opt for creating filters. Kust click on the "create filters" link on top of ur inbox and u qill be guided from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom