Gmail in Outlook 2003 - not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

normally_crazy

Right off the assembly line
Guys,

At my office, I had Ms Office 2000 with Outlook 2000. Got my PDA and had to install Outlook 2002 to sync the PDA with the computer. Got it done and everything worked perfect till.............I decided to get my gmail account configured to Outlook. That wasnt possible with Outlook 2002 due to some problems , so I tried Outlook 2000, which created problems in the sync relation between the PDA and computer. So back I went to Outlook 2002 , same problem syncing with the PDA and to top it , gmail still not configured.

So I upgraded to Outlook 2003, still gmail not working in Outlook 2003, but Outlook 2003 downloads my gmail on my laptop (on a MTNL dial up connection) like a dream . Whats happening here ? Can someone help ? On my office desktop , I surf through proxy server on LAN and a sify broadband
connection.

What could be the problem ?
cheers

kin.vachhani

Dreaming Future
HI,
Try to set with the instruction given in the settings->forwarding and pop->3.configure your emial client.

i have tried through this and its working fine with me.

unni

In the zone
Hi,
I am not sure if this will help. After setting up Outlook, before clicking Send/Receive for the first time, login to your GMail account using your browser. Without logging out or closing the browser window, click Send/Receive in Outlook. If it works, stay logged in using the browser till the send/receive is over.

parthbarot

In the zone
but y u need outlook...dont u like gmail's environment? i like it very much and using it daily from my office as it is speedy and simpler then outlook also...

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
unni said:
Hi,
I am not sure if this will help. After setting up Outlook, before clicking Send/Receive for the first time, login to your GMail account using your browser. Without logging out or closing the browser window, click Send/Receive in Outlook. If it works, stay logged in using the browser till the send/receive is over.

For doing that he can check his mail in Gmail than downloading it to Outlook..

@normally_crazy

There was post on this before..Just search the forum

OP
N

normally_crazy

Right off the assembly line
After tinkering about a bit - I found out that it was the proxy server causing the problem. I use a analog proxy server. My machine is connected to the machine with the broadband connection via analog proxy. So I put in the proxy address in the incoming and outgoing servers - it works but does not send test message and fails to log on to incoming server. am using the default ports here.

How do i get by this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom