GingerBread is HOT!

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Nexus-S,my recent purchase looks awesome,

After some gap of time,I'm back with Android,this time with speedy nexus,

Slim,light-weight,plasticky Nexus-S with briliant display looks really cute,

Overall response is pretty quick,I hope battery life will be taken care by 'Gingerbread',

I hope most of the apps will be compatible,

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/n1.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/n2.jpg

Package resembles iphone,simple contents,NO memory slot is a drawback,

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/n3.jpg

I will write a detailed review soon,

Soon,many friends will join 'GingerBread' for sharing views!

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Omg dude nice purchases, now enjoy!!! I'm jealous of you sadddddd.

btw damages?

uh isn't 16 GB inbuilt memory enough LOL

OP
dhan_shh

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for all,

Got it for 33K (very expensive,from my regular dealer,Adyar Chennai),

I was flattered by the light-weight,breezy UI and crisp display!

Slowly working on it,no time for Cam,

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/ls1.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/hm1.png

Browser is good,

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/br1-1.png

Installed some basic apps,

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/atm1.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/off1.png

Battery needs some more time to analyze the life,

Mails are good,BUT unfortunately you cannot pinch zoom your mails???!!!! surprised!

NFC chip added,I don't know how to use it,need to analyze it!

Needs more time for assessment,

I hope more friends join this Nexus S Club (I think its available in grey in main towns/cities)

rsk11584

Journeyman
kewl which dealer in adyar, my office is in adyar only, can we install lots of apps like we can do in froyo? What is the main USP of gingerbread over froyo?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
NFC chip added,I don't know how to use it,need to analyze it!

Needs more time for assessment,

I hope more friends join this Nexus S Club (I think its available in grey in main towns/cities)

without objects (smart posters etc) and NFC enabled devices (phones, laptops etc), you can't do much and it will take a while.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Dude 33k is too costly man....i thought it will be priced at 24k and so did some of the other sites quoted.Also its 23k in ebay.
If its gonna be 33k then man...its out of my list...will wait for galaxy 2 and LG dual core phones...also ARC is gonna be arnd 30-35k.

Last edited by a moderator:

oval_man

Journeyman
dhaneshh,
congrats mann, gr8 purchase,

Nexus S official launch in India early feb?

From phonearena: "Samsung is rumored to launch the Nexus S smartphone during February in India. Sadly, this handset will come with the Super Clear LCD display instead of the original Super AMOLED display. We have already posted that, Nexus S with Super AMOLED display will be available only in US and UK"

OP
dhan_shh

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
@oval_man,thank you!

Except for sunlight legibility,there won't be much difference between super amoled & sclcd.

I've added few wallpapers (live),looking really good!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/ls3.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/hm8.png

Got my favourite app: Piano - really awesome!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/mp1.png

I've never come across any sms sending error,but anyhow,I've manually updated latest update from Google,....2.3.2

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/up1.png

Except for occasional hanging homescreen,overall the performance is really good!

OP
dhan_shh

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^Not sure!

I think "iPhone 5" will look like this????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/hm11.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/hm12.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/hm13.png

"iClone" makes my NEX S look like this!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/hm10.png

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^Not sure!

I think "iPhone 5" will look like this????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"iClone" makes my NEX S look like this!

don't make people ask you if it's a chinese iPhone (airphone, bphone etc etc). There are better themes that are tailor made for android. use them :)

OP
dhan_shh

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^I've compared only for the screen size 4" vs 3.5"

LG optimus 2X widget is around here,looks cool

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/lg2.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/lg1.png

But,it eats 12MB of memory,no transfer to SD card.....! hmm...Fancy Widget pro is better and consumes less memory 3MB.

Battery Life of Nex-S is definitely not upto the mark,once a day charging is a must even with very nominal usage.....Oh!...C'mon Android!....Where is my Power???

Stats look prominent only on screen (pic taken on my 2nd day with Nex-S)

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/btt3.png

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
what are you saying!!!battery doesn't last a day even on moderate usage?
I was planning to get this from US...I am okay with no memory card slot..but if battery life also suck..then there is not much point in purchasing it..

Top Bottom