amd x2 3600+
512 mb ram
1 dvd writer
1 80 gb hdd @5400 rpm

do i need to upgrade my psu?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
it shud suffice i think, does it have a pcie connector or a spare molex
if it has spare molex u cud get molex-pcie connector i dont think 8400 requires a
seperate power though

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
cyberpyrate said:
guys i want to buy the XFX 8400 gs.
i have a 300 wt psu
amd x2 3600+
512 mb ram
1 dvd writer
1 80 gb hdd @5400 rpm

do i need to upgrade my psu?
I doubt if ur psu will be able to handle the load of even an 8400Gs if its not of a good brand.Frontech,navtech,oddessy are really bad brands.On my old pc which has a Geforce 6600 my frontech 300watt wasn't able to handle the load.U should go atleast for zebronics 500watt which comes for Rs800.(Not pure platinum)

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
What will matter is the amperage on +12v railing.My 400w powersafe psu has got 27A which is enough for most mid-range graphics card.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
It will be written on your PSU itself.Or you can check on your PSU manufacturer's site and paste the link here.

OP
C

cyberpyrate

Broken In
what if i connect a gfx card(8400,my friends) and check the results.
can u tell me what will happen if power is not sufficient?
i hope nothing would blow

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
@ entrana: Imho,even a 400-450w PSU available for 2000 odd rs. would be enough for that config.

@cyberpyrate: Using your friend's card is a good idea.Be rest assured you won't end up burning anything unless you really want to. :D

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
pathiks said:
Lol.. Just get a 400w zebronics psu 4 450bucks.. It gives u 20A on the 12v rail

I remember that in a certain issue of Digit,Agent 001 had recommended a 500w VIP SMPS costing rs.900.That would be a better buy,I think.Or as i said before the Powersafe PSU I got has got a princely 27A on two +12v railings.Costs rs.1550 in Mumbai.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
wups forgot it was a 8400gs i get carried away sometimes anyways , umm ya go with pathiks

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
yup Pathiks is rite.
Get any local 400~450w PSU.
Ive used mu card with Intex and zebronics 400w normal for almost 1 yr and there was no problems ever.
So a 500 bucks 400w is more than enough for 8400GS. An 8400GS consumes power similar to a 6200 card only, so u dun worry. It dun require any extra power connector.

OP
C

cyberpyrate

Broken In
thanx guys
ill just buy a zebronics 400watt then{am on a shoestring budget but u probably already know that looking at the choice of card}

thank you all
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom