Getting this error msg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigyaster

Journeyman
Whenever I start my PC, a error is shown which reads "C/WINDOWS/System32/BerasJatah.exe was not found.....Make sure you typed the name correctly''. I googled but it did't help to kill this problem. This has made my PC damn slow. But to do.

bhansalibg

Right off the assembly line
This indicates that your antivirus has deleted the trojan. But as it had inserted its entry into Windows registry, Windows tries to load that deleted file.

You try to search the entry in registry and delete it carefully. Better way you disable it through msconfig.

OP
G

gigyaster

Journeyman
Am not that good in registry, i mean i don't want to take a risk. If any one of you can provide the steps, I know its difficult to locate the entry but still.

legolas

Padawan
go to run and type -> msconfig (enter), in the windows which pops open, go to startup and uncheck the entry (the exe file you were referring to).

OP
G

gigyaster

Journeyman
^^ Well i did this. But when the PC restarts thn the entry itself becames check. I think I have to type "regedit" and than.................plz say.

legolas

Padawan
In that case, you have not removed the Trojan. Usually Trojan removal softwares are more effective than antivirus for Trojans. Try using Trojan remover software

legolas

Padawan
It has helped to remove trojans in my friend's laptop more than twice. I remember it being trialware at that time. Now its a freeware. Doesn't matter if its freeware. Don't underestimate programs coz they are freeware :D Nod32 is free i guess? Linux is free :D Give it a try.

OP
G

gigyaster

Journeyman
My Macafee(orginal) did't detect any torjan nor thr Sypbot S&D could find any. Thrs no such entry (BerasJatah.exe) on the starup tab.(msconfig). Now what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom