Getting spam calls

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi.

A female relative of mine has been getting spam (and vulgar) calls for a month now and there seems to be no end to them. So, as a safeguard, I've added all those numbers to auto reject list. I talked to one such spammer recently and he said he found that number written in the toilet of a train compartment. Now, it is beyond my and my relative's understanding as to how did her number end up there.

She still gets calls from a random number any day and time of the week. Once, there were 2 dozen missed calls from a number at 2 AM. She can't change her number as its ~10 year old and all our relatives have it. Since there would be a limit as to how many numbers can be added to the auto reject list, please suggest a viable solution.

Thanks in advance.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Hi.

A female relative of mine has been getting spam (and vulgar) calls for a month now and there seems to be no end to them. So, as a safeguard, I've added all those numbers to auto reject list. I talked to one such spammer recently and he said he found that number written in the toilet of a train compartment. Now, it is beyond my and my relative's understanding as to how did her number end up there.

She still gets calls from a random number any day and time of the week. Once, there were 2 dozen miss calls from a number at 2 AM. She can't change her number as its a 10 year old and all our relatives have it. Since there would be a limit as to how many numbers can be added to the auto reject list, please suggest a viable solution.

Thanks in advance.

Complaint it to cyber cell

OP
SaiyanGoku

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Complaint it to cyber cell
I would've but all those callers seem to have no connection at all. I tried searching their numbers (around 20 of them) on truecaller, all are under different name.

If the last caller is telling the truth that he found the number in a train's toilet, is there any way it can be located and then removed? (he did tell the train's name and coach number). Should I take help from RPF?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
use a number whitelist ? Not a solution, but I think its the only reasonable thing to do, otherwise change the number
I have no idea how to proceed with contacting the cyber cell, if you choose to do so, please post your experience here..
May the force be with you

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
use a number whitelist ? Not a solution, but I think its the only reasonable thing to do, otherwise change the number
I have no idea how to proceed with contacting the cyber cell, if you choose to do so, please post your experience here..
May the force be with you
Cyber Crime Police Stations
Here are a list of Cyber Cells of India:Cyber Crime Cells in India | Cyber Crime Complaints | Internet Scams | Internet Frauds

tkin

Back to school!!
I would've but all those callers seem to have no connection at all. I tried searching their numbers (around 20 of them) on truecaller, all are under different name.

If the last caller is telling the truth that he found the number in a train's toilet, is there any way it can be located and then removed? (he did tell the train's name and coach number). Should I take help from RPF?
Very difficult to do, ask the spammer which train and then you get a solution. Complain to cyber cell and have them track down the train.

OP
SaiyanGoku

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Cyber Crime Police Stations
Here are a list of Cyber Cells of India:Cyber Crime Cells in India | Cyber Crime Complaints | Internet Scams | Internet Frauds
As I said, I can complain about 1 person or even 5 but reporting 20 different numbers/persons would make my relative an apparent paranoid culprit. :|

- - - Updated - - -

Very difficult to do, ask the spammer which train and then you get a solution. Complain to cyber cell and have them track down the train.
Already have the train's name and coach numbers. Will report them to the cyber cell.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This is really a peculiar situation.
Do keep us updated of what happened.

tkin

Back to school!!
As I said, I can complain about 1 person or even 5 but reporting 20 different numbers/persons would make my relative an apparent paranoid culprit. :|

- - - Updated - - -

Already have the train's name and coach numbers. Will report them to the cyber cell.
Also call the railway.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hi.

She still gets calls from a random number any day and time of the week. Once, there were 2 dozen missed calls from a number at 2 AM. She can't change her number as its ~10 year old and all our relatives have it. Since there would be a limit as to how many numbers can be added to the auto reject list, please suggest a viable solution.

Sentiment with old phone number or relatives wont help her plight. At this age, you can update each and every relative with your new number within seconds. get her a new number and ask her to share the new number only with trusted relatives.

remember its the same old number which is causing her this trouble.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I kind of agree. Sometimes when its just too much hassle old number its better to move on with new one. I myself attached to the old number had to change the number two times. And I am not the kind of guys who keeps multiple SIMs for different use.

We do tend to attach sentiment with our number, but overtime the pros of moving is larger than the short term con. Remember, you can operate the old number for a little while until most of the contact gets your new number.

OP
SaiyanGoku

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Sentiment with old phone number or relatives wont help her plight. At this age, you can update each and every relative with your new number within seconds. get her a new number and ask her to share the new number only with trusted relatives.

remember its the same old number which is causing her this trouble.
I'll talk to her about it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of agree. Sometimes when its just too much hassle old number its better to move on with new one. I myself attached to the old number had to change the number two times. And I am not the kind of guys who keeps multiple SIMs for different use.

We do tend to attach sentiment with our number, but overtime the pros of moving is larger than the short term con. Remember, you can operate the old number for a little while until most of the contact gets your new number.

Yeah, if she agrees, she'll need to get all her accounts, bills, etc updated too.

OP
SaiyanGoku

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Update:

She got calls from the last guy again. I've decided to sign the pervert's mobile number up for various "services". Got any suggestions which don't require verification code sent to the number? ( few common matrimonial sites required it :| )

As for reporting to the cyber cell, not getting time :oops:

Flash

Lost in speed
I just got the perfect idea. Reply to spam emails which I get and giving the spammer's number instead. :bananana:
If you get any telemarketing calls to buy land/home or to join clubs, say you got a friend who's particularly interested in it and give that guy's number.

Top Bottom