getting androdified

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
finally i am getting my first android(most probably galaxy Y).... :)
so as i soon as i get it, i'll be seeing how far it can go....
now i guys want you to tell me the app for following things-
1 movie player
2 browsing net
3 ROOT
4 music player
5 games
6 time-pass apps

and queries-
1 will sky-fire be supported, if yes will it support its flash plugin..?
2 do i need to install CWM..? i heard that i just have to press combination of keys at start-up to go to recovery...
3 whats its actual RAM....?

Soumik

Padawan
congrats!!! :) keep stock rom for a few days.. its not half bad.. plus u will appreciate the difference more when u have used the stock rom for some time ;)
if u dont like it... root it st away.. i recommend waiting a couple of weeks to see if there is any hardware fault... if there is, u can claim the warranty easily if u havent messed with the firmware. All the best :)

1. sky-fire should be supported. but flash is totally not supported. U have to side load the modified flash apk available for ARMv6 cpu models.(after root i guess) Am not sure how smooth or usable it is.
2. CWM is a custom recovery with a lot more functionality than the stock recovery. Definitely install it after rooting, and install custom roms through CWM as far as possible.
3. Not sure but actual RAM should be around 512Mb, while user available free RAM should be around 200Mb after all the apps installed and running. (which is pretty decent if u ask me :) )

thatsashok

peace panda
2 do i need to install CWM..? i heard that i just have to press combination of keys at start-up to go to recovery...

Yes you need to install clockworkmod recovery manually but before that make sure you root the phone.

to root also you must need to do manually i guess as i cannot find your phone on the Super One Click root compatible devices list.

3 whats its actual RAM....?

290 MB user available RAM
Source: gsmarena

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Its probably 512Mb man. I had 512Mb ram and stock user available free ram was about 200 Mb. urs should be similar. Its atleast 384Mb cause u need atleast 100Mb to run a vendor modified Gingerbread on it.

thatsashok

peace panda
Replies are inline

now i guys want you to tell me the app for following things-
1 movie player - RockPlayer, MX player
2 browsing net - stock browser will do. Opera for light sites and dolphin for hd sites
3 ROOT - better do it manually
4 music player - get the MIUI music player .apk
5 games - depends on the genre you like, hardware dependent
6 time-pass apps - tapatalk, Andchat, Whatsapp

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
For games, i like adventure, strategy or racing games...
For comp i can tell, i play age of emprire, rise of nation, most wanted, halo, counter strike, sims 3, mass effect 2, little fighter etc etc..
Hope this will help you suggest good games for me...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
lack of keypad & d-pad severely limits the kind of game you can play. most of android games are tower defense games (similar to defense grid for PC if you have played). there are a lot of FSP games too but you can't run it or they won't be playable on a 3" screen. those also need a fast processor & an even faster GPU.

The Impossible Game
Apparatus
Osmos HD
plants vs zombies
cut the rope

are a few of the games that i have played and really enjoyed but most are paid.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Cant wait to get my hands on it.... :|
how to take screenshot...? Do i need to install a software...?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
AFAIK, samsung has some built in screenshot feature. the shortcut varies from mobile to mobile so google about it else you may use shootme. but not available in market. available only through xda forum.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@pramudit: Wait! So you are asking all those questions even before you have bought a phone. And even before you are even sure about the device you would buy?
finally i am getting my first android(most probably galaxy Y).

I seriously advice you to look for a phone with a bigger screen to truly experience Android! Unless of course you have a pretty strict budget!

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
got my galaxy y.... :)
but my kingston 4gb card is not working on it + serial port driver not starting on comp which i think is causing my mob screen to hang on connecting to pc....
All other card are working fine... Any solutions...?

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
got my galaxy y.... :)
but my kingston 4gb card is not working on it + serial port driver not starting on comp which i think is causing my mob screen to hang on connecting to pc....
All other card are working fine... Any solutions...?

is it readable through card reader ??
if u are able to format that thn it should work after that else u have to take another card...

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Memory card Working fine on everything else, put it in my galaxy and it reports that it is damaged so i need to format and on format it hangs till i remove card, after i put in card reader it is filled up some ramdom stuff... Although other card are working fine... :(

Top Bottom