Genuine WinXP Home Edition Problem......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyamy

Alive Again...
My friends has HP Pavillion dv5000 which he has buyied from Dubai
He didnt got any CD's or Softwares with it
He only got Laptop & a free Laptop Bag
But he says the WinXP home edition in it was original,

their was some problem in its Laptop so i reinstalled WInXP_Professional in its C drive which is a pirated version
Now Pls tell me how can i get back that Genuine WinXP home

In the bottom of his Lap their is one serial key no written which is of WinXP Home edition

Now its C drive has both WinXP_professional & home
see my previous thread for this problem
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=450066#post450066

When his lap was new it had 2 partition C & D & d had some sapce reserved which was called Recovery area & he had a HP software installed in it call HP Recovery (something like this)
now in New WinXP professional D dont have this space also from where can i get that win

I cant contact HP for this nor the methods system recover works

My question is
I want to make his lap as it was on the First day ............? how can i.......?
Can I get that WinXP home edition back with that recovery software.........?

Pls help

Pls help.......................

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
Seems tooooooo much complicated for me..
better have the original Win XP home /Pro CD with key delete all partitions -create new partitions and the install the OS.. its simple just u nedd to have a good computing knowledge-follow the instructions while installing the OS from the CD and and and U NEED to havea BOOTABLE XP CD:cool:

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
as i already told
i dont have any HP or Genuine Windows CD
I only have a Serial No. of WinXP_Home Edition
can i install windows from other winXP home edition cd & then put this original no in it..............?

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
well u will have to go for a trial error method dude...U have to install windows xp home(indian version) & try to give the dubai laptop key...If u r lucky then it will accept it & no probs for u...I have tried this for Indian version key & Indian OS disk & it worked & my friend can authenticate with MS also using his key .... otherwise there might be a partitioned disk to install windows inside ur laptop(hidden)...This can be activated by pressing F2-F10 keys(i am not sure) or even delete key WHILE BOOTING THE LAPTOP.....try that...it might work...why in the hell branded companies dont give OS install disk???They just want to save costs & reap benefits of after sales service(cash $$$) from the customer...or best bet reformat laptop & give it to HP & ask them to install windows & give it back....The last option will cost u money for sure if u dont have global warranty

aj27july

Journeyman
no. you can't get the xp home back. go for xp pro as you have its installation cd. and xp pro is better and safer than xp home. but you can try putting the xp home jey into the setup of xp pro! this might work. it worked for me when i put my original licensed xp pro key into xp media center edition!!!
best of luck

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
but you can try putting the xp home jey into the setup of xp pro

it won't work.

You can go to HP support, they will help. Atleast try

Your 2nd option is to download Windows XP home edition retail\OEM CD ISO from somewhere & use that key in it

aj27july

Journeyman
@gx_saurav
i myself tried the xp pro key on xp mce
it worked.
all the softwares in xp pro and xp home are the same. but the specific keys activate only specific programs. in vista also, all the versions have same programs, the programs activated are specific to that key. understood?? u can even compare the sizes of the different vista versions, they will have the same size. ;)

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
@satyamy - the recovery partition contains the files needed for restoring XP home back in the laptop. Press F11 during boot to start recovery

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
try the Standard Recovery.

press F11 as mod_pc... said:)

DONT DELETE/FORMAT D: Drive.

when XP Installs successfully, FIRST goto to Start->All Programs-> PC Help & Tools -> Create Recovery Disks

this'll create Recovery Disks.

with HP OEM XP Home, you get free HP softwares (Image Zone Plus, AV s/w, ....)

get 2 DVD & just follow the on screen instruction.

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
s18000rpm said:
try the Standard Recovery.

press F11 as mod_pc... said:)

DONT DELETE/FORMAT D: Drive.

when XP Installs successfully, FIRST goto to Start->All Programs-> PC Help & Tools -> Create Recovery Disks

this'll create Recovery Disks.

with HP OEM XP Home, you get free HP softwares (Image Zone Plus, AV s/w, ....)

get 2 DVD & just follow the on screen instruction.

From where to get the 2 DVD

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
HP Pavillion dv5000 try getting the recovery cd for no hassel recovery from HP guys or follow the s18000rpm instruction the dude is a HP user i guess he knows the trick very well :D

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
just format whole drive.............get a pirated version of windows XP Home edition...but use ur own key while installing Xp...and install it.
Yiu will get ur genuine windows XP Home edition.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
but then there's no point of paying so much for HP laptop:D, coz with the OEM XP, he probably had a Full version CD/DVD burner, full version Image & Video Editing s/w, preloaded m/b, audio... Drivers, HP back-up making s/w... & lot more.

just try installing thru "Standard Recovery" mode & you're saved.

you tell your friend a thing- READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL ATLEAST ONCE.

in that manual it would be CLEARLY STATED, that MAKE RECOVERY DISKS aS SOON as POSSIBLE.

now what will he do if the HDD crashed (after Warranty period)???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom