General Purpose Computer Build - 30000 Approx.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You should not use a windows installed by somebody else. Download the win 10 iso from here:
*tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

upload_2020-1-27_19-25-35.png

Also see this thread to ensure you followed all steps for transfer of license:
Windows 10 activation after hardware change shows as unsupported version

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
thanks dear. i have already downloaded win 10 32 bit english and win 10 64bit international english iso from microsoft in december end or january beginning. its same 1909. i can try with that or should i download a fresh copy? there is another option of creating a bootable usb using media creation tool. i can also try that.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
thanks dear. i have already downloaded win 10 32 bit english and win 10 64bit international english iso from microsoft in december end or january beginning. its same 1909. i can try with that or should i download a fresh copy? there is another option of creating a bootable usb using media creation tool. i can also try that.
I think that should be okay. Don't install 32 bit version. You can use rufus to create bootable usb drive.
Remove all drives except ssd, delete all partitions on ssd and then proceed to install 64 bit version.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I think that should be okay. Don't install 32 bit version. You can use rufus to create bootable usb drive.
Remove all drives except ssd, delete all partitions on ssd and then proceed to install 64 bit version.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I have 64bit in USB drive using Rufus. I will try it soon. Thanks.

toofan

Technomancer
But if you have changed the motherboard and processor, its very unlikely to get activated. I had similar situation where I changed my mobo and processor and windows refused to get activated from old ms account. If you have old product key with you then only it will get activated.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
But if you have changed the motherboard and processor, its very unlikely to get activated. I had similar situation where I changed my mobo and processor and windows refused to get activated from old ms account. If you have old product key with you then only it will get activated.
MS introduced digital license linked to MS account a few versions later after the introduction of win 10 which can be transferred to new hardware.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Are you sure you activated win 10 pro on old pc(upgrade from win 7 ultimate/professional to win 10)?
Yes, I followed everything as told in pm and checked it on every step. It was 7 ultimate upgrade to 10.
I have the old hdd with it and can check it out again but I remember clearly everything.

Top Bottom