General Purpose Computer Build - 30000 Approx.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Antec NX800 review?

Rule of thumb is to go by extensive reviews of pc cabinets on major international tech sites along with some practical application of Indian climate(like dust,humidity,heat) to cabinet design(e.g.side & front glass at same time is a big no for Indian summers).

i can't think of any practical utility of it as per my usage. is there any? also, i think if required, two fans can be added to 175r at the top.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some people prefer design while some prefer functionality,you will have to decide on the balance in a cabinet.

175R can accommodate upto 6 fans as shown below:
upload_2019-12-29_19-54-46.png

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
thanks dear. fans in the front will be behind front panel so that flashiness will not be there. :D

in one review of 175r on youtube, someone posted - "I've bough this case and unfortunately I can't recommend it. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, has very decent build quality for the price, everything fits as it should and if that was it I'd keep it for sure. But it has one issue that I just can't live with... Terrible airflow. You get a powerful card in there and it will choke your pc. Removing the front panel decreases temperatures up to 20º celsius. Before you ask, I'm using two noctua NF-A12 in the front pulling air in the case and three BeQuiet silent wings 3 to exhaust."

i think it will not have that effect in my scenario except in summers when the temp may go up to 45-48 degree but then most of the time AC is on.

another interesting one is CORSAIR SPEC-DELTA RGB.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
*speccy.piriform.com/results/Dme6NTiV22F0xsVsx4oU7Kd

How is my semi modified system (desktop-PC) as of now? I mean efficiency,power,functioning,etc...?

@whitestar_999 ; @vidhubhushan ; @SaiyanGoku ; ... give your valuable comments, Friends.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
FX6300 is pretty outdated processor,even pentium g4560 is much faster than it.If it still serves your purpose then it is already good enough.

kg11sgbg

FX6300 is pretty outdated processor,even pentium g4560 is much faster than it.If it still serves your purpose then it is already good enough.
Yeah, I was only seeking out the info. from you,Friend.
Does the mobo supports any advancement or upgradation in CPU by AMD?
Please post the model and specs.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Interesting,comments like these give good info regarding real life performance of pc cabinets in Indian climate.

true. two suggestions were given by two local distributors - Corsair Spec Delta and CM MB511. didn't find time to go out till now.

^ As I am not a Gamer, I AM HAPPY WITH THIS system.:D

I identify with this. your system is much better than mine. if my Pentium 4 - 3GHZ, 2GB, gigabyte 81915, 2TB WD Blue, Dell IN2020 continues to work, I will not have any problem for next few years. even after building a new system, it will continue working as sister prefers it for preparing court petitions. it works on windows 7 but there is nothing that important so it may continue.

i only need a good PSU for it as the bundled zebronics misbehaves time to time.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

true. two suggestions were given by two local distributors - Corsair Spec Delta and CM MB511. didn't find time to go out till now.

I identify with this. your system is much better than mine. if my Pentium 4 - 3GHZ, 2GB, gigabyte 81915, 2TB WD Blue, Dell IN2020 continues to work, I will not have any problem for next few years. even after building a new system, it will continue working as sister prefers it for preparing court petitions. it works on windows 7 but there is nothing that important so it may continue.

i only need a good PSU for it as the bundled zebronics misbehaves time to time.
Friend, Zebronics PSU is a big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Why are you risking your system?
Better buy,from the likes of Corsair,Antec ,Seasonic, etc.within the range of 450~600W as per your budget and system build.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Friend, Zebronics PSU is a big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Why are you risking your system?
Better buy,from the likes of Corsair,Antec ,Seasonic, etc.within the range of 450~600W as per your budget and system build.

It is Lenin's system and it was built with zebronics cabinet and psu. I am looking for a 300-400w psu for it as the components are ancient and not heavy.
A retailer offered an antec psu for some 2200-2300 to someone getting an i3 build. I might buy something similar.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
@whitestar_999 @SaiyanGoku
Someone advised my sister about 3600 telling there are graphics problems with 3400G. I am convinced on 3400G but she asked me to check about it at least once.
So, instead of 3400G, if I go for Ryzen 5 3600 or something similar, which Graphics card can I go for considering Strictly No Gaming scenario?

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@whitestar_999 @SaiyanGoku
Someone advised my sister about 3600 telling there are graphics problems with 3400G. I am convinced on 3400G but she asked me to check about it at least once.
So, instead of 3400G, if I go for Ryzen 5 3600 or something similar, which Graphics card can I go for considering Strictly No Gaming scenario?
Ask them to elaborate about graphics "problems" on 3400G. BTW, you'll be wasting both 3600 and the GPU in your use case.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Ask them to elaborate about graphics "problems" on 3400G. BTW, you'll be wasting both 3600 and the GPU in your use case.
He said some issues with b450 boards with 3400g he saw and also heard few months back in which system didn't go beyond POST but it worked well with some other cpu. 3400g worked in some other board.
I googled and found some Vega issues reported months back on msi & some other board.
I too feel 3600 is too much for my work so I will be going for 3400g tomorrow.
Thanks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MSI mobos have the highest chances of having issues with ryzen 3xxx processors anyway. asrock B450 pro 4 mobo with latest bios version should work fine with 3400G.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
bought 3400G, CX450, WD 2TB Blue & Corsair Spec-Delta (specially for RGB fans as asked by sister). Thanks a lot @whitestar_999 @SaiyanGoku @nac
couldn't find time to fully transfer data so it is still not completely operational. might take another week or so.
unfortunately previous upgrade digital licence is not working / ms not activating it.
thanks again friend for the help.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Trust me, add a MX500 250GB as a boot drive. I just replaced the one in my father's 8 year old laptop with BX500, installed Windows 10 LTSC and he was happy that it takes just 10-15 seconds to boot from BIOS screen to desktop (compared to 2-3 minutes earlier).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Post update here when system is ready.Btw what error are you getting when activating previous digital license.Are you using activation troubleshooter or have you login with ms account(same one to which previous digital license was linked)?

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Trust me, add a MX500 250GB as a boot drive. I just replaced the one in my father's 8 year old laptop with BX500, installed Windows 10 LTSC and he was happy that it takes just 10-15 seconds to boot from BIOS screen to desktop (compared to 2-3 minutes earlier).

It is already added dear. it was purchased online (like board and RAM)

Final Config is -
  • AMD Ryzen 3400G
  • ASRock B450 Pro4
  • ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ RAM X 2 = 16GB
  • Crucial MX500 2.5inch 250GB
  • Corsair CX450 PSU
  • WD 2TB Blue
  • Corsair Spec-Delta Cabinet
I have heard about Windows 10 LTSC but not much. I would like to try it as I don't play any games on it.

Post update here when system is ready.Btw what error are you getting when activating previous digital license.Are you using activation troubleshooter or have you login with ms account(same one to which previous digital license was linked)?

local retailer installed a copy of windows 10 pro without any key to test. i asked him not to use any tool to activate it.

win10.jpg

today i tried to activate it using the same ms account. i started activation troubleshooter but it shows it can't activate from this.

Win10 Can not update.jpg

Top Bottom