General automobile discussion thread

amjath

Human Spambot
^ which means elite i20. Petrol engine mileage being 18 in city is a bit let down.
The petrol and diesel variants does have service difference. On a long run service dies make a huge difference. BTW I'm in no mood on changing this car in at least 15 years so thinking of resale value is not an option

amjath

Human Spambot
Chevrolet is giving 3yrs maintenance FREE :cool:
Chevrolet sail uva is the hatchback.

But,
What you’ll like:

• A well-rounded family hatchback
• Superbly tuned 1.3L diesel powerplant. Short-throw gearbox is a pleasure to use
• Spacious interiors. Rear legroom betters some sedans
• Excellent ride quality mated to neutral road manners
• Ideal for city driving : High seating position with a light steering, clutch and gearshift*

What you won’t:

• Dated & unappealing styling
• Missing features (No climate control, MID, steering-mounted audio controls, seat height adjustment)
• Sensitive steering at high speed. Needs a steady hand on the expressway
• Some quirky interior bits : Push / pull type door locks, centrally-placed window switches etc.*
Hyundai Elite i20 vs other B-segment Hatchbacks - Team-BHP

amjath

Human Spambot
I have a slight change in my choice, my eyes are now on Hyundai xcent
Reason: More vfm than elite i20,
more city mileage than i20
Sedan compared to hatchback :p

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I have a slight change in my choice, my eyes are now on Hyundai xcent
Reason: More vfm than elite i20,
more city mileage than i20
Sedan compared to hatchback :p

Drive both and let your experience speak. I'd say call for test drives of other vehicles too.

Elite i20 is a hatchback and you can carry much larger stuff by folding the rear seats. There is a reason that people outside of India prefer hatchbacks because they go for outings with stuff like surfboards, camping stuff etc.

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys need help,
Sales rep guy is confusing me (whatever he said is correct)
He says 2 passenger on rear seat in xcent feels better than i20, agree to that. But reviews says 3 people on rear seat is crowded on xcent but he says no. He is along me to take another test drive again to check.

So how good is xcent, I see it hardly on the road. Is it because of that (one of the factor) asking me to book this vehicle. [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] help [MENTION=131082]zan[/MENTION]gestu need any of yours or your friend's advice

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Guys need help,
Sales rep guy is confusing me (whatever he said is correct)
He says 2 passenger on rear seat in xcent feels better than i20, agree to that. But reviews says 3 people on rear seat is crowded on xcent but he says no. He is along me to take another test drive again to check.

So how good is xcent, I see it hardly on the road. Is it because of that (one of the factor) asking me to book this vehicle. [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] help [MENTION=131082]zan[/MENTION]gestu need any of yours or your friend's advice

Xcent in not a wide car. Why don't you take a test drive ? Sales person will try to sell the one where he gets most commission.

amjath

Human Spambot
Xcent in not a wide car. Why don't you take a test drive ? Sales person will try to sell the one where he gets most commission.
I had my mom and dad seating at the back seat and drove them. The seats are bit high for sedan than hatch. Riding comfort is no different between the two. But telescopic adjustment of steering is not in sedan. My parents say both the vehicles are comfortable in the back. They get loss of leg room. Bit what about the 3rd person? Need personal review on 3 back seaters

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Just take a tape and check the width of both seats. Then sit in back seats of both cars with 2 of your heaviest friends. Make sure both front seats are pushed back maximum.
You will get the idea.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Sales person will try to sell the one where he gets most commission.
agree
+100

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when I bought my Wagon R Car in 2009 that sales guy was trying to push off the LPG version of the car. He was suggesting it over swift.
Later I came to know that in the first quarter of 2010 they launched new models of Wagon R and hence they were trying to sell of the old models.

amjath

Human Spambot
Elite i20 user feedback says they get ~12km/litre
Xcent user feedback says they get >15km/litre
do i need to compromise look for mileage?

Top Bottom