General automobile discussion thread

amjath

Human Spambot
Need suggestion between elite i20 and swift dzire petrol version [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] hope you can help

Please insist more on service cost

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Need suggestion between elite i20 and swift dzire petrol version [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] hope you can help

Hi, I ended up buying Verna.

Between elite i20 and swift dzire, I'd go for Elite i20.

1. Service costs are similar.
2. Mileage is pretty close to dzire
3. Contemporary looks
4. Much more comfortable and spacious.

ajayritik

Technomancer

So I should come for Chennai for the treat or will you come over to Hyderabad for giving the treat?

amjath

Human Spambot
Hi, I ended up buying Verna.

Between elite i20 and swift dzire, I'd go for Elite i20.

1. Service costs are similar.
2. Mileage is pretty close to dzire
3. Contemporary looks
4. Much more comfortable and spacious.
Excellent choice going to verna. I took a test drive for both. I feel more premium seating for elite i20. So I'm leaning towards Hyundai.

What do you think about diesel vs petrol service cost?
I heard if petrol needs servicing every 10000km diesel needs every 5000km , is that right.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Excellent choice going to verna. I took a test drive for both. I feel more premium seating for elite i20. So I'm leaning towards Hyundai.

What do you think about diesel vs petrol service cost?
I heard if petrol needs servicing every 10000km diesel needs every 5000km , is that right.

Diesel engines are pretty refined now. The costs dinosaur is not real anymore.

However, diesel cars are costly by about 1 lac. So you will need few years to break even. Personally, I like diesel cars.

Test drive both variants. Due to high torque at low end in diesel engines, you wont have to throttle at all in lower gears. A luxury for bumper to bumper traffic. After sale value will be more if you intend to sell later.

PS: You can call the dealership and ask them for test ride.

amjath

Human Spambot
My budget is strictly 8lakh but needs a high end on any variant which has every safety features.
So I chose petrol version also has less noise etc.
You think service cost will not be different. I didn't take diesel version for test drive.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION]: also make a note to buy a Car which doesn't ditch you after long idle period...
bcoz I have seen some brand where once kept idle for say 8~10 days the engine refuse to start and needs some kicking

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION]: also make a note to buy a Car which doesn't ditch you after long idle period...
bcoz I have seen some brand where once kept idle for say 8~10 days the engine refuse to start and needs some kicking
I guess it happens with diesel engine, I have 2000 model santro which starts even after 20 days of idle.

ajayritik

Technomancer

I guess you are talking about the diesel version. During my intial days with my wagon R I used to keep it idle for a month without using.

- - - Updated - - -

Bhai I will come to Hyderabad, mereko daawat dho

You buy car how come I should give treat bro? Don't worry will take small treat.

amjath

Human Spambot
I guess you are talking about the diesel version. During my intial days with my wagon R I used to keep it idle for a month without using.

- - - Updated - - -

You buy car how come I should give treat bro? Don't worry will take small treat.
I will give you big treat, agar mai app ka gharko aayato bada Hyderabadi daawat chahiye.

Can someone comment on petrol vs diesel service period difference

Zangetsu

I guess it happens with diesel engine, I have 2000 model santro which starts even after 20 days of idle.

Not sure diesel or petrol but one of my friend had Toyota and Dezire he said Dezire had better engine and Toyota had this problem of start.

amjath

Human Spambot
[Strike]What about Toyota etios liva diesel?[/strike] [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] or any diesel owners tell me after free service, how many kilometers once you get your vehicle for service and how much it costs. Talking about company service

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[Strike]What about Toyota etios liva diesel?[/strike] [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] or any diesel owners tell me after free service, how many kilometers once you get your vehicle for service and how much it costs. Talking about company service

3 services are free. First at 1500Kms I think, second at 5000Kms, third at 12000Kms. Had first two services, no major issues except for clutch plate change (got weird wear-out on one side but the other was alright, some issue with alignment during assembly, clutch is not covered under warranty but they replaced for free as the issue was due to master slave cylinder). Clutch assembly costs 14k. for verna.

No idea about paid service after that. Do regular checks of vehicle and it will cut down on cost due to negligence. Spare parts cost increased with each higher segment vehicle.

amjath

Human Spambot
^ok.

Honda Jazz is going to be released as well on 8th July. Will go to Honda showroom to get some info of it

Zangetsu

I prefer Diesel as it will give u Max savings in long run
but if u prefer to install CNG on a petrol variant then also it is good

ajayritik

Technomancer
@ amjath I think when it comes to Diesel it's more of how much you travel that matters. If someone travels a lot I think in the long run Diesel is going to be a better option.

Zangetsu

I would consider a Car perfect which has below features:
1.Superb Design
2.Comfortable sitting for every person
3.Good base width to avoid bumps
4.Excellent Mileage
5.Extra Boot space
6.Low maintenance cost
7.Other Features (ABS, power steering etc etc)

Top Bottom