Geforce gt 640 price review and buying advice needed

blue555

Right off the assembly line
hi friends i have never ever brought a pc component without a proper discussion form online expert forum
now again i need some suggestion recently my 9400gt which is five years old died this month fan is running but no display it was xfx
now these days i don't see xfx boards based gpu much they almost vanished. now i am looking forward to a new card i have short listed nvdia gt 640 1 gb version yes only nvdia there are two things in my life of which i am absolutely sure of one is Intel and another is Nvdia.but i am open to suggestion , want to know the price in kolkata chandni ,if any member of our forum have this card already then i will request that person to please post a owners 3d mark vantage benchmark and i will like to know how capable is nvdias vp5 or pure video hd to handle 1080i fullhd and blue ray movie content what are the max fps of the card while playing different hd movies?since xfx is not available i am confused which card to buy that have the highest QC and good after sales and service brands like zotac ,evga are any good? i have this particular card in my mind because i only have a vga monitor cable is this card available in cha*www.flipkart.com/galaxy-nvidia-geforce-gt-640-1-gb-ddr3-graphics-card/ndni in kolkata and the street price for gt 640 thankyou for having a look on my thread.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Performance of GT 640 is a joke for the price it sells.

Get HD 7750. For VGA out of HD 7750, get a DVI-I to VGA cable.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Read this review and see how HD 7750 runs circles around GT 640. Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3 : Nvidia GeForce GT 640 Review: Cramming Kepler Into GK107

doomgiver

Warframe
fanbois abound.
bet this guy thinks amd cpu's run super-hot.

I dont think anyone has ever been recommended the GT540/GT640 series on tfd (excluding the venerable GT240 and the GT440, the GT "x"40 series has been lol)

OP
B

blue555

Right off the assembly line
thank you friends for your replys toms hw reviews about 7750 is impressive it definitely beats gt g40 in fps comparison by a very huge margin of 50% the difference between gt 640 and hd 7750 is huge ,i am not a nvdia fan boy if amd proved good then i will go for it the difference in power consumption Max TDP is also low only 55w in hd 7750 which is great gt 640 got max tdp of 65 w *www.hwcompare.com/12822/geforce-gt-640-ddr3-vs-radeon-hd-7750/ what about htpc capability and the of Enhanced Unified Video Decoder 3 uvd3 and pure video hd vp5.Media Espresso do not recognition hd 7970 in hardware encoding many user are facing the problem Media Encoding and the 7970? [Archive] - [H]ard|Forum .The performance of handling htpc content of uvd 3 at higher frame rate are not too impressive according to H.264 CPU/DXVA codec comparison - Core2Duo vs UVD 2.2 - Page 3 - Doom9's Forum again please don't get me wrong now im tilted towards amd.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
MediaEspresso now works fine with HD 7000 cards. It was an issue with MediaEspresso + Old Driver. We are 10 months ahead of that time.

Dunno but that UVD thing is a non-issue. HD 7750 will handle every HTPC related thing fine.

Top Bottom