GDM Face Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/pfiles/3450/gnome_apps.png​

The GNOME Display Manager (GDM) is a component of the GNOME desktop environment that provides a graphical login prompt. It is used on many Linux distributions and is often the first interactive part of the desktop that users experience after the computer finishes booting. GDM is themable, and is often customized by distributors to include branding, but has changed little over the years.

GNOME eye-candy expert Mirco Müller, who is employed by Canonical, is currently working on refining the login experience to make it aesthetically richer and more interactive. He is designing an animated face browser for the next generation GNOME display manager, which will be used in a future version of Ubuntu. Although the functional details and visual design haven't been finalized yet, the basic experience is documented in a specification at the Ubuntu wiki.

Mockup : -

*people.ubuntu.com/%7Emmueller/small_face-browser-3.png*people.ubuntu.com/%7Emmueller/small_face-browser-6.png

For More Info : *wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/...GdmFaceBrowser

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
saw a video in the creators website.nice eye candy.
totally useless for me.i'am the only one who uses my pc.

and does that guy who made mockup work on a free 4 use public computer?? 18 users:shock:

and here's the video *macslow.thepimp.net/clips/gdm-face-browser-2.ogg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom