gaming rig with haswell processor

sachin73

Broken In
hi i just want to upgrade my current pc cpu to latest haswell processor and motherboard with z87 chipset. My budget is around 25-30k. Also Ram 4gb 1600 mhz.
i have shortlisted intel 4550 but i am confused in motherboard.
please advice me good motherboard and ram.

ankush28

Bazinga
Haswell yet to arrive in India ;)
AFAIK i5-4550 is not released yet anywhere.
but they are not going to cheaper at all asus' cheapest z87 will be 13k and no 4th gen i5 will be cheaper so better wait for 4th gen i3 or increase budget or stick with your rig.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
why haswell?? read the Tom's reviews.. its just a tiny-winy improvement over the IVY.. and at launch the prices will be high.

better to get a i7-3770K and OC it to hell. much more VFM. ;)

Cilus

laborare est orare
hi i just want to upgrade my current pc cpu to latest haswell processor and motherboard with z87 chipset. My budget is around 25-30k. Also Ram 4gb 1600 mhz.
i have shortlisted intel 4550 but i am confused in motherboard.
please advice me good motherboard and ram.
What is your current configuration?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
why haswell?? read the Tom's reviews.. its just a tiny-winy improvement over the IVY.. and at launch the prices will be high.

better to get a i7-3770K and OC it to hell. much more VFM. ;)

Buddy 4770k is available now at 19k and is faster than 3770k in all current apps. Besides, it has newer instruction sets like FMA3 and AVX 2 , which will benefit in not so future applications. Performance boost will be significant then, since ivybridge doesn't support those. There's TSX too and that is going to benefit database engines, but its too early to comment on that now.

Besides its a new platform and also has support for future broadwell cpu's. Z87 should be the choice of platform now.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Buddy 4770k is available now at 19k and is faster than 3770k in all current apps. Besides, it has newer instruction sets like FMA3 and AVX 2 , which will benefit in not so future applications. Performance boost will be significant then, since ivybridge doesn't support those. There's TSX too and that is going to benefit database engines, but its too early to comment on that now.

Besides its a new platform and also has support for future broadwell cpu's. Z87 should be the choice of platform now.

where dude at 19k because if it is i can tell my frnd to buy haswell rather than ivy...............

jasku

In the zone

Dude the 4770 non 'k' version is for 19.6k the 4770k will be around 25k, I presume.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
well, for me the price matters big time..

i am a normal user, with the main uses being gaming and a bit of photoshop/video encoding. the current gen will suffice very well for that.

i dont suppose im about break the bank for some new instructions which makes the CPU only marginally better than the current gen.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Asus Gryphon Z87 - Rs 14,200 [5 years warranty]
Edit : Intel 4770K - Rs 23,500

Edit : The combination is excellent, for the money.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you can get them here in India, then why not? But personally I would settle for the ASUS and Extreme 6 is no match for the Gryphon,Gryphon is in a different league altogether.

Get the 4550 with the Gryphon if you can.

Edit ...with a locked 4550 Gryphon would be a waste though a very stable board,better get a Asus H87-PRO Motherboard with it for Rs 9500

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
For a locked processor(i5 4550) an H87-chipset board should do fine.MSI H87M-G43 is available for ~6k in india.

OP
S

sachin73

Broken In
guyz i am too confuse please guide me whether haswell is better enough than ivy-bridge to invest or is only marginally better(10-15% gain). i am a casual gamer and i just want to be future proof.so should i opt for intel 3570k and asrock z77 exrteme 4 or gigabyte ga-z77x -ud3h

rock2702

Padawan
guyz i am too confuse please guide me whether haswell is better enough than ivy-bridge to invest or is only marginally better(10-15% gain). i am a casual gamer and i just want to be future proof.so should i opt for intel 3570k and asrock z77 exrteme 4 or gigabyte ga-z77x -ud3h

Haswell is like 10% faster clock for clock compared to ivy.So you are not gonna notice any noticeable difference in games.I would recommend you to get i7 3770k with a gigabyte z77x-ud3h.

Top Bottom