Gaming Rig Help

kvmehta77

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Games like Mafia 2, GTA IV. Surfing / Downloading movies.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 85 k (extendable)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Dell 23"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Want to buy all components.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: October 2013

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans Live in Mumbai, Work near Lamington Road.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: 1. I presently own 2.33 GHZ Core2Quad, 2 GB Ram, GS 250X Nvidia Display card. It was serving my purpose of playing GTA San Andreas & Mafia 1. But GTA IV & Mafia 2 r not running smoothly on this pc. Also my Display card is not working now….so planning to shift to newer PC which can handle newer games.

Welcome to TDF :) You have a good budget for a powerful gaming PC. Here's my suggestion:

i5 4430 (13200)
Asus B85M-G (6000)
G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 MHz 4 GB (2500)
WD Blue 1 TB (4100)
Zotac GTX 770 2 GB GDDR5 (32800)
Seasonic S12II 620 W (5200)
Corsair 400R (5800)
Dell S2240L (8800)
3 120 mm fans (1200)

total: 79600

I don't have much experience with gaming KB, mice and headphones so I'm leaving them to be suggested by oher members. You have 5.4k remaining for that.

OP
K

kvmehta77

Thnx for your suggestions.
Can extend my budget by upto 5k.

Also can anyone suggest a good dealer/assembler at lamington road for gaming rig.

ankush28

Bazinga
In that case try to get GTX 760 SLI
and 8Gig of ram as suggested by harshil,
760SLI will increase permormence a lot then a ssd
IMO i7 for gaming isnt needed at all:D

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
PrimeABGB & TheITwares

Beware both of them will charge way higher than other dealers will.

Also spending 85k for a rig to play GTA4 and Mafia2. Are you serious bro?
You can play those games in a 40-50k rig!

Also the Dell 23" you have is of what resolution ?

OP
K

kvmehta77

Beware both of them will charge way higher than other dealers will.

Also spending 85k for a rig to play GTA4 and Mafia2. Are you serious bro?
You can play those games in a 40-50k rig!

Also the Dell 23" you have is of what resolution ?

I'll not be limiting myself to playing only those games........(I m not much of a tech guy) But if this config sounds too hitech for similar games......I can go for a shade lower config...no harm is sum bucks saved.

I don't have Dell monitor......but i'll be buying the 22" as suggested above....
Will be visiting Lamington Road on Fri or Sat......so will keep posted about the developments.......

OP
K

kvmehta77

The Rig will be placed in my room which is not equipped with AC.......Will that coz heating probs??.....If so pls suggest solutions.....

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, there won't be any heating issues. Most of us run our systems in a Non-AC room.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
I'll not be limiting myself to playing only those games........(I m not much of a tech guy) But if this config sounds too hitech for similar games......I can go for a shade lower config...no harm is sum bucks saved.

I don't have Dell monitor......but i'll be buying the 22" as suggested above....
Will be visiting Lamington Road on Fri or Sat......so will keep posted about the developments.......

Did you visit lamington road?
ALSO please tell me if you are going to play other games as well? Because if you arenot goinf to play demanding gamesvyou could save around 20k rs! (thats a lot imo)

OP
K

kvmehta77

Did you visit lamington road?
ALSO please tell me if you are going to play other games as well? Because if you arenot goinf to play demanding gamesvyou could save around 20k rs! (thats a lot imo)

Yes, I did visit lamington road on Saturday but it was late in the evening & so lots of dealers had shut for the day.

I have received this quote from Prime;

i5 4430 12450
Asus B85M-G 6400
G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 MHz 4 GB 2900
WD Blue 1 TB 4250
Zotac GTX 770 2 GB GDDR5 Not in stock
zotac 760 2gb 19900
Seasonic S12II 620 W 5100
Corsair 400R Not in stock
NZXT Tempest 410 4500
Dell S2240L 9300
120 mm fans nzxt 900
DVD R/W LG 950
Razer death adder 2013 3200
Keyboard - Razer arctosa 2500

As u can see above....the Graphic card & cabinet which were suggested to me in earlier thread r not in stock & have been suggested alternative instead which i've highlighted in bold.

R the above prices ok ??..... Also is the above config adequate for me ?? Like I said i'm planning to play Mafia 2, GTA IV, Max Payne 3..... Would it be able to handle GTA V when released on PC ? Wud 3 - 120 mm fans be adequate to keep the system from overheating.....? Shud i go to 8 GB Ram & i5-4670 ?

Pls advise.

I would not be looking to upgrade the system for atleast another 2yrs after the purchase.

Yes, I did visit lamington road on Saturday but it was late in the evening & so lots of dealers had shut for the day.

I have received this quote from Prime;

i5 4430 12450
Asus B85M-G 6400
G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 MHz 4 GB 2900
WD Blue 1 TB 4250
Zotac GTX 770 2 GB GDDR5 Not in stock
zotac 760 2gb 19900
Seasonic S12II 620 W 5100
Corsair 400R Not in stock
NZXT Tempest 410 4500
Dell S2240L 9300
120 mm fans nzxt 900
DVD R/W LG 950
Razer death adder 2013 3200
Keyboard - Razer arctosa 2500

As u can see above....the Graphic card & cabinet which were suggested to me in earlier thread r not in stock & have been suggested alternative instead which i've highlighted in bold.

R the above prices ok ??..... Also is the above config adequate for me ?? Like I said i'm planning to play Mafia 2, GTA IV, Max Payne 3..... Would it be able to handle GTA V when released on PC ? Wud 3 - 120 mm fans be adequate to keep the system from overheating.....? Shud i go to 8 GB Ram & i5-4670 ?

Pls advise.

I would not be looking to upgrade the system for atleast another 2yrs after the purchase.

> prices are good.

> Downgrade from 770 to 760 will be a big performance decrement. try to get 770 from some other shop. Don't settle with 760 when you can accommodate a 770.

> for cabinet, you can also go for used NZXT phantom.

> 3 fans are more than enough. Additionally, the cabinet itself comes with 2-3 fans.

Top Bottom