Gaming rig for 65K

bobby23

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Primary purpose 60% - 70% Gaming. Secondary purpose 3D animation I use MAYA.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:Rs.65,000

4. Planning to overclock?
A:Not for a year from the date of purchase

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Windows 7 64Bit

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:1TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:Atleast a 24" LCD monitor must have atleast 1 HDMI and DVI port also should have HDCP support.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:Assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: August end

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:Yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Yes. UPS and Speakers.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Chennai. No only Chennai.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: 1. Want to play latest games with highest resolution possible without lag. 2. I want a good spacious cabinet with cable management and good cooling solution. 3. I am inclined towards Intel processor, but I want suggestions about AMD configuration also. Will look into both.

I have read the PC Buying Guide - June 2011 and other threads. But need more suggestions. Thanks.:smile:

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is my suggestion for you:-

Intel Core i7 2600k @ 16K
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 @ 9.5K
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL @ 2.6K
MSI HD 6950 2 Gb Twin Frozer III @ 16K
Seagate 1 TB SATA 7200.12 @ 2.7K
LG 22X SATA DVD Writer @ 0.9K
Corsair TX650 V2 @ 5.2K
Cooler Msaster USP 100 @ 3K
BenQ G2220HD @ 7.3K
Razer Cyclosa Gaming Bundle @ 2K
Razer Goliathus Fragged Omega S - Speed/Control @ 0.5K

Total 65.8K

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then just remove them and get a Core i7 2600K processor @ 16K. Updated my previous config.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Thanks Cilus. Should I go from i5 to i7 with that 4k or should I buy MSI HD6979 for 20K?

My suggestion is i7 2600K because the Twin Frozer III version of 6950 is a factory overclocked version and actually offers performance very similar to Stock HD 6970 or GTX 570. So there won't be that much of gaming performance difference.

On the other hand i7 2600K has Hyperthreading enabled resulting 8 logical cores and processing ability of 8 threads simultaneously. As a result multi threaded applications like Maya, 3D Max, Audio/Video encoding tools will have serious performance boost over a 2500K. But in gaming front the performance difference between i5 2500K and i7 2600K is not that much.

Another point is that the HD 6950 Twin Frozer III edition can be unlocked to a fully functional HD 6970 with a simple BIOS tweak. There are plenty of Online guides available for that process. So there is a high chance to unlock it to HD 6970 and getting extra performance boost.

Top Bottom