Gaming Rig for 30k without Monitor. Help ?

gump

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer?
A: Gaming, HD Movies, surfing

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 30,000

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: The More the Better, at-least 2TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: I already have a Samsung 40 inches LCD TV. want to use this for High resolution gaming and movies. THIS IS MY MAIN requirement, I do not need any alternatives for this.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5 :))

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: will be done by assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: October End, 2011

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Not really, but at-least 2 years future proof :mrgreen:

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Monitor, as i already have a 40 Inch LCD

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Chennai, i prefer to shop in local

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: My Main Requirement is that, i need a rig, which can run in my 40 inch samsung LCD with out any hazels. Need the Games and Movies to play perfectly in that TV. This is the only main criteria :razz:

I am not a techi person, so could not be able to answer anymore indepth technical question, all i need is a CPU which i can plug in to my 40 inch LCD and play high resolution games along with Hi Res movies :twisted:

Help Please :(

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II x4 645|4000
Motherboard |ASUS M5A78L-M LE|3000
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1350
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD6950 1GB|13200
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|2150
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2300
Case |NZXT GAMMA|2000
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
UPS |Intex 1KVA|1800
| Total |31650

sukant

Fragholic
According to reviews minimum recommended wattage is 500 watts for 6950 i guess , better buy a good psu like a corsair gs600/seasonic s1ii520 watts /seasonic s1ii620 watts.
Would recommend 600 watts to keep some headroom.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^see this -
Radeon HD 6950 1GB vs GeForce GTX 560 Ti review
System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 312W
another -
AnandTech - AMD’s GTX 560 Ti Counter-Offensive: Radeon HD 6950 1GB & XFX’s Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition
see load total system power consumption in crysis and furmark - 295w and 308w.
and the used a core i7 920 system.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ PS3 price is around 17-20K and a decent netbook is available @ 15K. So total cost is 35K, out of the budget of OP. A PC with a powerful Graphics card will serve the dual purpose as per OP's requirement.

OP
G

gump

Broken In
I already have a laptop for browsing needs, all need is a system for playing games in my LCD, which one do you friends suggest.

a good rig or a PS3 ?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^A Desktop Computer.

PC's games are cheaper than that of PS3's (500-900 vs Rs.1500-2500)!
Every part PC can be upgraded. :)
In addition to playing movies and games, you can do many other things in computer which PS3 doesn't offer! :|

There was also a PS3 vs PC done by someone here...can't find the link right now.. :))

OP
G

gump

Broken In
^^ thanks Nipun. will sure go for the PC version only. not interested in the PS3 though :)

After i assemble my RIG, will it display properly in the 40 inch LCD i have, do i need to do anything specific for this purpose ?

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
A 600 w PSU is a must for a good gaming PC.... Go with corsair GS600 @ 4k.......... If you can stretch budget little bit

OP
G

gump

Broken In
Thanks.. will go to richie street today to get final quote :D

is this "Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) @ 2.8k" the best Mobo for the above config ?

OP
G

gump

Broken In
Sorry for the delay guys, was stuck in another purchase for diwali so this was postponed, but this has again come on top of my list. :))

OK guys here is the final config of my proposed CPU for my 40"inch LCD TV. Do give your final approval guys. i do not want to lag anywhere behind in graphics part of the game.

Processor AMD Athlon II x4 645
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1)
RAM G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)
Graphic Card sapphire hd6950 1gb PCIE (dual fan cooler)
HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12
DVD Writer ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD
PSU Corsair GS600
Case NZXT GAMMA
Keyboard & Mouse Logitech MK200
UPS Intex 1KVA

How much will this cost me ?

is there any online portal for buying these things or is buying from "Richie Street" chennai a good idea :neutral:

Thanks again

Feel Free to modify any of the above config if something got outdated in last month :oops:

Cilus

laborare est orare
I am afraid the config is gonna cost you more that expected previously. The reasons are
i. Dollar value has been increased resulting a price hike in almost all the computer components. Athlon II 645 will cost you almost 5K and Sapphire card is now 14K+.
ii. HDD price increased almost by 2K for all the models due to the low production rate beacuse of the flood in Thailand, main HDD manufacturing center of Seagate and WD. A 500 GB will cost you more than 4K.

Top Bottom