Gaming rig for 28-30K

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Buying my rig tomorrow:-DWill go with HD7750.

Its difficult to find Corsair CX430 V2 in market most of the vendors are saying that it has been stopped and are suggesting Corsair VS Series™ VS450 — 450 Watt Power Supply.......since it is not 80 plus certified is there any alternative??

Whats the price of Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600MHz?Has the prices increased in last 3-4 days.Today I was quoted as Rs.1850:shock:Any other alternative 4GB stick that I can caonsider??

Hello guys any body there??

One more doubt if I go for Sapphire AMD ATI HD7750 should I have to go with 500W PSU since the power supply required for it is stated as 450W

Any other Seisonic alternative?? or else I will buy in fk but it takes 7-8 days for shipment:shock:

So the final config is

1.Processor – Intel® Core™ i3-3220 Processor (3M Cache, 3.30 GHz)
2.Motherboard – Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H (rev. 1.1)
3.Graphics Card - Sapphire AMD ATI HD 7750 1GB GDDR5
4.Ram - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)
5.HDD – WD Blue 1 TB SATA Hard Drive ( WD10EZEX)
6.PSU - Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2 430 Watts
7.DVD Writer - Asus DRW-24B5ST DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive (Black)
8.Cabinet – Cooler Master Elite 310

Last edited:

Fog

Broken In
Q.1)

No, do not get VS450. You are right it is not 80 + Certified, just buy from FK. it'll be worth your time.

Corsair has excellent AfterSales Service,, and it is highly recommended to buy a PSU from them.

Trust me, its worth it to buy from flipkart.

Q2.)

You can consider Corsair Vengeance, but it has bad OC Ability.

IMHO 1.85k isnt too bad go for it.

Q3.)
The SUGGESTED Requirement is 450W, depending on the efficiency etc,

to make it easier it means that since Corsair PSU's are of high quality even a 430w can easily handle ur GPU, as ur GPU only takes in like 60 watts, or something. So it's very safe.

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Thanks Fog

Yea I will buy the PSU on fk.

@bee

Intel Core i3 3220 @6550
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H @4220
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB 1600MHz @1850
WD Blue 1TB @3700
Corsair CX430V2 @ 2822(fk)
ASUS 24X DVD R/W @1050
CoolerMaster 310 Cabinet @1900
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @6900

Total ~29K

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
@sharathn29

Many shops in SP Road gave me the same price.

Guys whats happening with this RAM price? Today the vendor told me that Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB 1600MHz costs Rs.1900:shock: and said that it may increase further in next week.Anyhow I will buy it and PSU from flipkart:cool:

Help me to choose one of these USB 3.0 cabinets.Which one among these is better for wire management.

1.Antec One S3 (USB 3.0 version) @ 2850 comes with one 120mm fan at top, 2xUSB 3.0 at front and USB 3.0 to 2.0 adapter

2.CM Elite 371 (USB 3.0 version) @ 2850 without any fans but with a cool transparent side panel

3.NZXT Source Elite 210 @ 3100

My friend is also buying the PC with me but he chose Intel core i5 3470 processor and dell 20 inch IN2030M monitor and remaining things same as mine.Will the stock cooler with intel core i5 3470 processor is enough or should he have to buy a separate cooler?

I have to order it today evening so plz guide me ASAP

Thank you

Last edited:
OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
The Antec One S3 (USB 3.0 version) cabinet has the following specs for front I/O Panel

Front I/O Panel - Audio In/Out
- Power and Reset button
- 2 x USB 3.0 with internal motherboard connector

Also a USB 3.0-to-2.0 header adapter is provided.What is the use of this USB 3.0-to-2.0 header adapter and how to connect it?Can anybody plz guide me in this issue??

Here is a review of that cabinet
Antec One S3 Mid Tower Chassis Review - Hardware BBQ

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Hello guys,

I was thinking to order this Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) - Corsair: Flipkart.com ram from Flipkart but thememory support list (*download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-b75m-d3h.pdf) for GA-B75M-D3h Mobo doesn't list this Corasair ram Stick.Has anyone with same mobo is using this stick or sholud i order this G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com as it is supported as per the list?

Thank you

And one more thing

I asked one of the vendors to show me the mobo box just to check if it was rev 1.1 .To my surprize the mobo box seal was broken.I asked him why it was broken.He said that they will open every mobo box when it arrives and put their sign and date on it(it was done on USB LAN port) so that if any customer comes back with some problems and without invoice/bill it will be easy for them to track back and send it for warranty claims if necessary.

Is it the way everywhere? Should I have to ask the vendor to give me the mobo box with unbroken seal? I dont know to assemble these things I have to get it done by the assembler and he said he would do it(unboxing and assembling in front of me)......but still am unable to accept the fact that seals are broken.......what to do?

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Actually my brother had already ordered Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) yesterday along with psu and it has been shipped today morning itself.......:|I think it works coz i found 2-3 people in this forum using that mobo and ram and its working fine :) may be Gigabyte has missed that ram from their mem module list.

One more thing Should i have to insist the assembler to use a thermal paste on the stock cpu cooler of my i3 3220 and my friend's i5 3470?

And what to do with that broken seal issue of mobo box coz that vendor gave the best price for all the components

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Definitely use a Thermal paste, no two ways about. Try and buy good Thermal Paste over the stock one. Even my Asus mobo came without the seal.As long as you have the bill and you are buying from a reputed dealer I believe there is no problem. Try another dealer and check if he is giving you a sealed box.

Peace of mind is more important than a Rs 300 difference.

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Thank you The Incinerator

The assembler told me that thermal paste provided on the stock coolers of i3 3220 and i5 3470 are pretty good and there is no need to apply new one while installing for the first time.Since there wont be any overclocking of cpu no need to go for any aftermarket cooler or thermal paste before installation of stock cooler..........Anyhow I thought of buying Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound on flipkart but couldnt find it.Can anyone plz give me some pointers in that direction?

Btw how often should the thermal paste on cpu and coolers should be replaced.I'm asking this coz I have never done it before and came to know that ivybridge gets to some really high temperatures and also that we need to apply thermal paste everytime we remove the processor heat sink for cleaning purpose

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Thank you The Incinerator

The assembler told me that thermal paste provided on the stock coolers of i3 3220 and i5 3470 are pretty good and there is no need to apply new one while installing for the first time.Since there wont be any overclocking of cpu no need to go for any aftermarket cooler or thermal paste before installation of stock cooler..........Anyhow I thought of buying Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound on flipkart but couldnt find it.Can anyone plz give me some pointers in that direction?

Btw how often should the thermal paste on cpu and coolers should be replaced.I'm asking this coz I have never done it before and came to know that ivybridge gets to some really high temperatures and also that we need to apply thermal paste everytime we remove the processor heat sink for cleaning purpose

You have a very well informed assembler there. :-D
The default tim and heatsink are sort of substandard. If your cabinet has good airflow, they are managable for non OCing procs.

As for TIM, read this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/142397-cpu-cooler-guide-sandy-ivy-bridge-cpus.html

Last edited:
OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
You have a very well informed assembler there. :-D
The default tim and heatsink are sort of substandard. If your cabinet has good airflow, they are managable for non OCing procs.

As for TIM, read this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/142397-cpu-cooler-guide-sandy-ivy-bridge-cpus.html

well informed assembler:-D:mrgreen:

Thanks Myth for that link

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Rather than a AS 5 which has a very high curing time ( Im using AS5) go for Cooler Master Thermal Fusion. The Intel Stock ones are bad.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Depends on manufacturing date of the processor. If the processor is too old, the TIM over the hearsink sometimes gets dried up. ANd again, we are talking about a non-overclockable processor, for which OEM heatsink along with OEM TIM would be good enough.
And I should also say that the assembler is good! Most of them don't know anything..

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Overclocking or not overclockin a good TIM goes a long way. Dont compromise. Most assemblers wanna take a short cut. Ignore and do as it should be. Intels Tim is plain bad.

Top Bottom