Gaming rig for 28-30K

dikart4

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Gaming(NFS MW,Dirt,Fifa 13,GTA IV,Crysis 2),basic photo editing using photoshop,programming,watching hd movies.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:30K max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 7/8,Linux

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No I have Samsung 18.5 inch LCD - S19A10N Monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:monitor,speakers,Keyboard+mouse,UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:This weekend(march 3rd-4th 2013)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Bangalore...buying locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Will be using this rig for next 3 years.I have this config in mind

Intel Core i3 3220 @6850
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H @4220
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB 1600MHz @1680
WD Blue 1TB @3800
Corsair CX430V2 @2530
ASUS 24X DVD R/W @1050
CoolerMaster 310 Cabinet @1800
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @7900
or
ASUS GRAPHICS CARD HD7770DC 1GB DDR5 Graphics Card @8450

Total 29830/30380

Saw AMD A10 5800K without discrete GPU rig in some threads want to know how would it fare against the above config.If AMD's gaming and cpu performance matches or outperforms above config ,will be able to save Rs.2000:cool:

Thank you

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get the configuration you have selected.

Usually we suggest A10-5800K when people are not going for a discrete GPU. But since you are buying a HD 7770, i3-3220 is fine.

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Thanks ico,ASHISH65

I could only find comparisons between AMD A10 5800K vs Intel core i3 3220 on net.What i needed was how AMD A10 apu would fare against intel core i3 3220 with a discrete GPU like HD7750 or HD7770.

So Is it worth paying Rs.2000 more for the config that I have selected?

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
With a GPU the i3 will be FASTER than that AMD APU. Simples. :wink:

Okay that seals the deal:mrgreen: Thanks thetechfreak.

Which card should I go with Sapphire or ASUS?and what about Gigayte or XFX card

All those prices that i have quoted are from Golchha computers,SP Raod,Bangalore.Can I get these things at a better price anywhere else in Bangalore?Anyone from Bangalore plz throw some light on this.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a shop named Ankit Infotech in SP Road. I purchased my PC from there. Golcha sucks.

What i needed was how AMD A10 apu would fare against intel core i3 3220 with a discrete GPU like HD7750 or HD7770.
Hardly 10% difference @ Full HD. Both are pretty much equal but i3 is generally faster.

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Thanks ico....will enquire at Ankit Infotech:-o

If the difference is hardly 10% then would AMD A10 5800K + ASUS F2A85M-LE + 8GB RAM be a better option considering better Mobo than Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H and an APU upgrade down the line as AMD has promised another APU based on FM2 socket?

By the way any idea when will AMD launch A10 6800K?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
I do not think future apu will strong enough to hd 7770.currently apu hd 7660d perform close to hd 5570!

Hardly 10% difference @ Full HD. Both are pretty much equal but i3 is generally faster.
NO there is huge difference may be 60-70% see here - *www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

Check where hd 7660d and hd 7770 is placed in chart

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
I do not think future apu will strong enough to hd 7770.currently apu hd 7660d perform close to hd 5570!

NO there is huge difference may be 60-70% see here - Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: February 2013

Thanks ASHISH65 for sharing that link

May be what ico meant was there is 10% difference between HD7750 DDR5 and HD7770 DDR5 and I understood it in the other way.:-?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

NO there is huge difference may be 60-70% see here - Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: February 2013

I interpreted dikart4's question regarding discrete GPU setups - i3 + HD 7770 vs A10-5800K + HD 7770. :)

Here there is a 10% difference between i3 + HD 7770 and A10 + HD 7770 @ Full HD.

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
mind looking at this cabby instead?
Cooler Master Elite 334 Cabinet

Thanks bee...
Looks great and an awesome offer...."SMC Intnl" is it as reliable as flipkart?It says that product will be shipped in 24 hrs...is there anyone
who has bought anything there?

Thats really a cool offer for the people in and around Delhi....but for me the total cost would be 1450 + 300(shipment) =1750 so thats almost same as the cost for CoolerMaster 310 Cabinet in Blore but I do agree.... that cabinet is better than CM310

Decided to go with Sapphire Graphics card:-D.........Any idea about Sapphire RMA in Bangalore? Who handles it?and how is their after sales service?

Last edited:

bee

Journeyman
smc international, md computers, primeabgb, the itwares
some of the good names buddy!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/shopping/...ng-discussion-post-your-feedback-queries.html
see for urself

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
smc international, md computers, primeabgb, the itwares
some of the good names buddy!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/shopping/...ng-discussion-post-your-feedback-queries.html
see for urself

Yea thanks buddy.....but the only payment method available there is NEFT/Bank Deposit thats a bit of problem for me:cry:

bee

Journeyman
you gotta compromise this much
look at the bucks youre saving :D
you can get a pendrive with it :p

Neo

As for the case, get NZXT Source 210 Elite @2.7k. It has front USB 3.0, tool less drive bays, includes 2fans along with it and has an very good airflow, wire management is also excellent.

As for HD7770, get Sapphire.

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Thanks Neo,ASHISH65

As for the case, get NZXT Source 210 Elite @2.7k. It has front USB 3.0, tool less drive bays, includes 2fans along with it and has an very good airflow, wire management is also excellent.

As for HD7770, get Sapphire.

Yea thats a very nice cabinet...even I had that in mind but that would make my budget exceed 31K.:cry:

I can get Sapphire AMD ATI HD7750 for Rs.6600 will it be sufficient to play these games(I would be playing mostly racing games like NFS series,F1 2012,Dirt 3,Burnout) and something like FIFA,GTA,Crysis 2 and would like to watch movies in FULL HD as I would be getting my bro's DELL S2220 monitor after 2-3 months:razz:

Top Bottom