Dell 20" IN2030M LED -6400,
Logitech Gaming Combo G100 -1600.

TOTAL -33,300.

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Hello guys,plz help me ASAP

I had ordered Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU( Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU - Corsair: Flipkart.com )from flipkart...got it today.

I have a doubt ...this unit that i got has a white and green coloured outer box and nowhere on it has the model no specified as CX430 V2(It only says CX430)....but on the outer cover there is a sticker with details of the importer as ADITYA INFOTECH, NP, NEW DELHI and it says product name as CORSAIR SMPS CMPSU-430CXV2UK.

If I am correct I was supposed to get the brown box saying CX430 V2 right? Did I order a wrong model or did I just get a wrong PSU from fk?

If its okay to go with this cx430 that i got, then its fine coz I have waited for a long time to get PSU and I'm getting impatient:evil:

Last edited:
OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Thanks Cilus for clearing that....I got it from fk today was confused a bit because of outer white/green box and no mention of V2 on the box.

If the box was colored, then it's surely CX430 (non v2). The v2 has a brown box but does not mention anywhere that it's v2. So in short, colored box=non v2, brown box=v2. The only difference between the two is that of 80 plus certification AFAIK.

Ya, this one is CX 430 V2, get it.
When did v2 started coming in coloured box?

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
It is mentioned on the box that it is 80+ Bronze certified|ATX POWER SUPPLY|ALIMENTATION ATX|430 WATTS

This is the one that I got
242__320x240_cx430-04.jpg240__320x240_cx430-02.jpg241__320x240_cx430-03.jpg

(image source fox valley PC Geek)

Is this okay??Or should I have to search for brown box(which I didn't find in any shop)

It is mentioned on the box that it is 80+ Bronze certified|ATX POWER SUPPLY|ALIMENTATION ATX|430 WATTS

This is the one that I got
View attachment 9278View attachment 9279View attachment 9280

(image source fox valley PC Geek)

Is this okay??Or should I have to search for brown box(which I didn't find in any shop)
It's the non v2. I you already received the product, then don't worry, use it, its not like a low quality product.

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Okay I 'm going to use it :)

Actually the CX430 unit that I got was available in few shops,but I didn't buy it as I wanted CX430V2 specifically and now even after waiting for 3-4 days I got the same model from flipkart.

I just want to know Did I order wrong model/unit of cx430 from flipkart?(If there is any link to CX430 v2 on fk other than this Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU - Corsair: Flipkart.com please mention it) or the product name given/listed on flipkart is wrong(so that I can ask the concerned people in flipkart about this)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
This might be new packaging for CX430v2.

Original CX430 wasn't 80+ "Bronze" certified iirc. (I may be wrong) So, this might be CX430v2.

Although the CX430v2 which I purchased a year back was in Brown box. What does the the sticker on the PSU say? Date of import on the box?

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Okay thanks ico,

This is what it(sticker) says

Product Name :CORSAIR SMPS CMPSU-430CXV2UK.
ATX POWER SUPPLY|ALIMENTATION ATX|430 WATTS
ErP|CORSAIR GUARANTEE 3 YEARS|80+ Bronze certified
Imported by ADITYA INFOTECH LTD, NP, NEW DELHI
Month & Year of Import : JANUARY 2013

On the main box also it is clearly mentioned that it is 80PLUS Bronze certified.

Okay I 'm going to use it :)Actually the CX430 unit that I got was available in few shops,but I didn't buy it as I wanted CX430V2 specifically and now even after waiting for 3-4 days I got the same model from flipkart.I just want to know Did I order wrong model/unit of cx430 from flipkart?(If there is any link to CX430 v2 on fk other than this Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU - Corsair: Flipkart.com please mention it) or the product name given/listed on flipkart is wrong(so that I can ask the concerned people in flipkart about this)
That is the correct link for cx430v2, I ordered it from the same link (you can see my review there :D). However, on Googleing for cx430 (non v2), I always came up with the package shown in your pics. Please confirm about this from Corsair and do report back, it will be helpful for all.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Why you guys are getting so much confused? The name of the PSU is mentioned in the OP's post is CORSAIR SMPS CMPSU430CXV2UK which is the official name of the PSU. That's it, is there any more proof needed for it? Don't judge product by the color of the box. Although little off topic, but strangely judging the PSU by the color of the box, reminded me an old song from AEROSMITH, Leaving on the Edge,
If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man that I

Why you guys are getting so much confused? The name of the PSU is mentioned in the OP's post is CORSAIR SMPS CMPSU430CXV2UK which is the official name of the PSU. That's it, is there any more proof needed for it? Don't judge product by the color of the box. Although little off topic, but strangely judging the PSU by the color of the box, reminded me an old song from AEROSMITH, Leaving on the Edge,
If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man that I

I think Corsair should launch TV advertisements stating ''...ab naye pack mei!" :rofl:

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Thank you guys...I bought these things

Intel Core i5 3470 @11000
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H @4220
WD Blue 1TB @3800
LG 24X DVD R/W @950
Antec one s3 front usb3 cabinet @2700

I had bought these things in fk 3 months back
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB 1600MHz @1736
Corsair CX430V2 @2911

Total Rs.27317

Currently using an old sapphile hd7750 gddr5 which i got from my bro :).....Will be buying new gpu in Dec-Jan :)

Ran few benchmarks here are the results.
pcmark7.jpg
3dmark11.jpg
Cinebench.jpg
NovaBench.jpg

How does these scores look?Is it good?

pcmark7 shows my memory module as 4gb @667Mhz(eventhough i am using 1600Mhz stick) why is that?
pcmark7a.jpg

Memory module values from SiSoftwre Sandra looks like this
memorymodule.jpg

Why is it not showing ram as 1600Mhz?is there anything wrong?

Currently graphics card driver version is 9.12.0.0 where can i get updated drivers?

System temperature in degree celsius
Idle Load
cpu 38-40 55-58
gpu 33-35 54-56
hdd stays @ around 35-38

Are these temperatures okay??

Need your suggestion to buy a wireless modem/router in 1-1.5k range please help

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
Problems with new PC:evil: need help

System Configuration
Intel Core i5 3470
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Corsair CX430V2
WD Blue 1 TB
Microsoft KB + Mouse combo
LG 24x ODD

Using these old components
Sapphire HD7750 1GB DDR5
Dell IN2030 Monitor
Ceative Inspire 2.1

Installed Windows 8 and latest amd driver version 12.104.0.0

I am having these problems

1.Sometimes while browsing on Chrome system hangs for 4-5 seconds...I mean cant move the cursor on screen and cant use Keyboard either at this time the HDD LED on the cabinet is continuosly turned on.

2.Changed the power settings to
Turn of display: 2 mins
Put the computer to sleep: 3 mins

If I am not running any applications and system is inactive for 2 mins, screen/display turns off(entering power save mode msg pops on screen) and after one more minute of inactivity it goes to sleep mode and sustem is turned off and if I press power or mouse button system turns on ...no issues.

But after 2 mins of inactivity when the screen turns off If I try to get back display by moving/clicking mouse...I get a black screen:|and after this If I wait for 3 more mins system sleeps and there isn't any problem in waking up as I said earlier.

When the screen goes black If I was running any programs earlier I can close them using Alt+F4 or even I can Shut down the PC after closing any running programs and pressing Alt+F4+Enter.

I dont understand this...Even after reinstalling the display driver I have the same problem.

When I googled it few people are having this black screen problem after sleep mode but not after display/screen turns off....I tried few things but couldn't find the solution.

Also this problem arose only after I installed latest amd driver.Earlier When I had amd drive version 9.12.0.0 there wasn't any such issues.

Last edited:

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
can you manage without the DVD drive, cause as you will be playing @full HD atleast get the 7770.
In the mean time for OS install you can borrow someone's drive or make a bootable USB drive

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
can you manage without the DVD drive, cause as you will be playing @full HD atleast get the 7770.
In the mean time for OS install you can borrow someone's drive or make a bootable USB drive

I think you didn't get my point.I purchased processor,mobo,ram,psu,odd,cabinet recently....currently i am using old hd7750 and planning to buy a new card later.

Is it a problem related to motherboard? or is it a display driver issue?....guys plz help me

varun004

Journeyman
i have the same problem with chrome on my laptop. Nothing wrong with your setup its just chrome when you have lots of tabs open its freezes. Could be a bug, they'll fix it eventually.

Top Bottom