gaming rig for 200k

maknom66

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans:games like GTA 4, BF3, CRYSIS WARHEAD, COD, NFS THE RUN.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:200k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:YES

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:5 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:no

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:speakers, mouse, monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:as fast as possible

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:5 times

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:mumbai

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:No

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Why what's with the k??

@ maknom66

Please answer the questions properly mate. You didn't mention the resolution of the monitor you're having. Its important for us to know. I assume its full hd though.

Here goes my config:

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i7 3930k|35000
CPU Cooler |Noctua NH-U12P-SE2|3750
Motherboard |ASUS P9X79 Motherboard|18000
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL|3050
Graphic Card |Asus Radeon HD7970 X 2 (crossfire)|70000
HDD |Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DL003)x2|17472
HDD |Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST31000524AS)|5408
SSD |Corsair Force Series 3 120 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive (CSSD-F120GB3-BK)|11000
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |Corsair AX 1200|18000
Case |Corsair obsidian 800d|16000
Mouse Pad |Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha L - Speed/Control|900
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
| Total |204030

At this budget, you have to go for lga 2011 no matter what your usage is. So suggested accordingly. The processor is one heck of a powerhouse with 6 cores and 12 threads.

Suggested top the line gpu i.e 7970 and two of these will provide ultimate experience with 3gb framebuffer per gpu. You cannot ask for more.

Go through the rest and ask any queries. We will answer all of them.

Goodluck with your purchase mate.:)

Last edited:

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
@maknom don't u think a 2.lac PC just for gaming is a overkill??????

u can even get a robust PC within 1.25 lac. that will last u for say 2~3 years...!
If u were into development,animation...etc the price could have been justifiable...
If u can wait go for IVY-Bridge...that's kind of a platform that would last better than the 2011 platform.
If you are going for the bragging right only then u are going wrong way bro....if u dont utilize each and every component to the fullest.so wats the point in getting it?

@Vickybat Isnt a 2x hd7970 a overlkill for any resolutions at current stage...
u could have suggested a single card first and a add on later when prices are low after couple of months....as the OP as not even mentioned the resolution at which he is to game.....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
If u can wait go for IVY-Bridge...that's kind of a platform that would last better than the 2011 platform.

Wrong. Ivybridge isn't for 1155 only. Socket 2011 will also get its share of ivybridge (22nm dieshrink and 3d trigate transistors) and will be dubbed as ivybridge-E.

Both sockets have equal upgrade path but are meant for different set of users.

@Vickybat Isnt a 2x hd7970 a overlkill for any resolutions at current stage...
u could have suggested a single card first and a add on later when prices are low after couple of months....as the OP as not even mentioned the resolution at which he is to game.....

No, either you do crossfire on day one or don't do it at all. You can't wait for prices to fall for getting another card for multigpu because by the time you wait , newer cards would be available and perform better than the current card at maybe similar pricepoint.

Its op's budget and i just suggested accordingly. He's getting what he can at this budget and i see no qualms not to do so. Yeah i see your point. Going the 1155 way will see a massive drop in overall price. But again its upto op.

He might go for eyefinity in future and that gpu setup will surely help him when he does that.

I'm not forcing him to get these. He's getting what he asked for.:)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
:))

just spend 60k~ on a nice config and save the rest for future upgrades.

200k config wont give you any gameplay enhancement, atleast at full hd.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
@vickybat

IVY-bridge 1155 is itself not avaliable for almost 3 months let alone IB-2011.
And IB-e would be painfully costly more than the current SB-E.

Just suggesting for what part to get for pc is not good...we also have to guide them.....!
OP just provides budget, u suggest them components at that price...no its not good.
This guy is new so i dont think hes may be having a decent amount of knowledge on PC h/w.

as far as the crossfire is concerned.....as i mentioned OP hasnt given resolution which he wants to game....so CF suggestion is quite premature...!

As new nvidia lineup is about to be displayed there we can see a drops very soon..!
U cant suggest anybody a CF - SLI.....as they have big budget....think about the usability too (guide them).
as far as OP's question any 1 lac pc could give a good overall gaming(i mean at full HD)....why need a full 2 lac (save it to buy a bike or may be a nano :) )

Top Bottom