Gaming Rig for 1 lakh

Nighthawk12

In the zone
You are correct when you say that most software has multi-core support.. But not to the extent that it uses all 8 cores..
With the exception of some software like WinZip,andencoding/streaming software, all other software runs better on the Intel.
Please do your OWN research.. In games a stock Intel i5 4670k can beat a 4.8Ghz FX8350..... The overclocked AMD is 10-20 FPS lower in it's overclocked state..

Btw Intel has much much higner IPC than AMD.. and that helps it make up the difference when a software actually uses 4+ cores
And with software which uses <4 cores, It beat AMD by a big margin.

I, I completely agree with you plus Intel consumes WAY less power compared to an overclocked FX 8350. In gaming performances Intel i5 beats overclocked FX 8350 by consuming much lesser power around 60W or less/more(Than overlocked). Plus I doubt games would use more than 4-6 cores in near future I mean at least till 2014. And even when they start using them the performance difference will be negligible, Since around that time this processor will be old & slow.

And for GPU +1 for GTX 760sLI. Or a 770 if you don't want multiple card setups.

Go for Z87 if you're doing any overclocking.

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
@Nighthawk12 Exactly.. That is what I'm trying to say.. Games might use a maximum of 4 threads.. atleast for another 2 years..

Even IF it goes to 6 threads, Intel still has higher IPC which will compensate for the lower number of cores.. Haswell tends to heat up when overclocked.. So I shall see about the water cooling if I need to overclock.

Yes, I know Z87 is for overclocking, but I would like recommendations from you people for a basic affordable Z87 board.. And also H87 board for consideration..
Seasonic doesnt say that the S12II 620W is compatible with Haswell C6/C7 idle states, so I would also like the option of disabling that in the BIOS

Please recommend some motherboards.. I like the ASUS Z87 K, but it has only 3 audio ports at the back.. including the mic.. so sont that create problems for 5.1 ? surround speaker setups in the future?

I think I'll stick to single GPU GTX 770

Case will be the Corsair Carbide 400R
PSU will be Seasonic S12II 620W

Suggestions welcome :lol: :razz:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
You are correct when you say that most software has multi-core support.. But not to the extent that it uses all 8 cores..
With the exception of some software like WinZip,andencoding/streaming software, all other software runs better on the Intel.
Please do your OWN research.. In games a stock Intel i5 4670k can beat a 4.8Ghz FX8350..... The overclocked AMD is 10-20 FPS lower in it's overclocked state..

Btw Intel has much much higner IPC than AMD.. and that helps it make up the difference when a software actually uses 4 cores
And with software which uses <4 cores, It beat AMD by a big margin.

let me clear my facts. you misunderstood me. an overclockable i5( 4th gen) good mobo will cost around 28k while amd fx good mobo can be had for 21k. so for budget people say 40k , only 12k is left behind for gpu. maximum he can get is gtx 650 ti boost while for amd he can get gtx 760 which offers far superior gaming experiance than 650 ti boost and hence fx will beat intel on the specified budget. that is why i said for high budget people it does not matter. have you checked crysis 3 gaming on fx and intel i5? i cant agree with your "all other software runs better on the Intel" ,fx is almost close to i7 on benchmarks done on linux os. it is windows fault which does not understand amd new module based architecture fully. i dont want to start a war here. but these are my facts.

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Sorry for the misunderstanding :lol:

Yeah, but for my budget, I still feel Intel is the best. I will be running windows, and I have checked benchmarks: The advantage in games of the i5 over the FX is a lot.. Around 15fps, so that is why I was thinking of the Intel, plus it also uses less power.. It even beats an overclocked FX8350.

For low end pc's, no doubt AMD is the way to go, but then for my budget it's not worth hampering the performance of the GPU by saving money on the CPU.

Yes, on linux, the gap between the i7 and FX8350 is narrower, but the FX8350 still lags behind the 3770k.

So, could you recommend a motherboard?

+1 for 760 sli. And an i7 is totally unnecessary for gaming.

My suggestion:

i5 4670k (16000)
Asus Z87A (12000)
G.Skill ripjawsX 8 GB 1600 MHz (4500)
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB (7000)
Asus GTX760 DCII OC version SLI (43000)
Corsair GS600 (5100)
Corsair 400R (5800)
Dell S2340L (12000)
CM hyper 212 Evo (2600)

total: 108k

See if you can get this and manage a good KB and mice.

@Harshil where can I buy the Z87A online for 12k ?

Even the RAM and CPU? Where are those prices from?
I have searched flipkart and primeabgb.. Please recommend some more sites

Sorry for the misunderstanding :lol:

Yeah, but for my budget, I still feel Intel is the best. I will be running windows, and I have checked benchmarks: The advantage in games of the i5 over the FX is a lot.. Around 15fps, so that is why I was thinking of the Intel, plus it also uses less power.. It even beats an overclocked FX8350.

For low end pc's, no doubt AMD is the way to go, but then for my budget it's not worth hampering the performance of the GPU by saving money on the CPU.

Yes, on linux, the gap between the i7 and FX8350 is narrower, but the FX8350 still lags behind the 3770k.

So, could you recommend a motherboard?

@Harshil where can I buy the Z87A online for 12k ?

Even the RAM and CPU? Where are those prices from?
I have searched flipkart and primeabgb.. Please recommend some more sites

> Z87A was available for 12k few weeks back. Sorry I didn't updates the prices. Now its ~13k.

> You can get the ram at that price locally.

> CPS's price is a local price, the price at which you could get it locally. Its 17k on FK.

Buddy, flipkart is always more expensive than local stores. Visit several local shops before making a purchase. you can save few k's.

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Thanks Guys, But which site should I search for this?

I think i like the Z87 A, but please give me links of others where it is cheap. I cant seem to find them :razz:

Bencollins

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming.. Flight Simulator..

sorry for OT but Which one, Microsoft Flight simulator X? Xplane, DCS series or Falcon 4?
i'm also a flight sim enthusiast :p

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
The motherboard he suggested:

GA-Z87X-UD3H

i had hoped it for around 14k.......... like my motherboard with 2k less........ its way good for price if u r not looking for enthusiast segment and still want all the latest features............

Top Bottom