Gaming Rig, 80 - 100k

OP
P

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
i would seriously suggest you to go for a 7790 crossfire

and do not force your dad to obtain the 100k mark.....1)for your requirement its absolutely not neccessary........the 72k rig suggested earlier is more than enough...is an overkill.......besides money is tough to earn i am sure your dad work's hard for every penny.......

Hehe... Yeah mate... Actually, my dad needs a pc for the University office and thus, is gonna take my old rig. Besides the UPS, he just wants all the components it has. So, I was able to convince him to get a good one now which can fulfill my gaming requirement (I said him that it's not too important :p) and his research work for what he's not thinking below the i7 3770k mark. I mean i can have a low range gpu but 3G i7 is a must. That's why he's ready to invest some more money on the components so that nothing bottlenecks the CPU.

And for everyone who helped me here, really thanks buddies. I'm really grateful to you. I just got up from the bed at the moment and now reading your replies. I'll be replying soon.

Thanks!! :)

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
>
> In case of Intel, a mobo such as MSI Z77a GD65 priced at ~9k is okay even for decent overclocking. Anything above 14k is suggested ONLY because you can afford it, not necessarily because you should get it.

The z77a gd65 is 14k on fk,please tell me where you got this rate as I am also looking for a sub 10k board for my i7-3770k. :)

OP
P

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
One suggestion here, Reading or browsing becomes pita if you opt for a 27incher for 1920 x 1080p, i would say don't go for it. You are just stretching the font size, but nothing else.

Dell Ultrasharp U2412H would be better or S series will be more of VFM here.

I was viewing the review of Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM and found it on the top here.
i couldn't find Dell Ultrasharp U2412H but Dell Ultrasharp U2412M. Did you mean that? Any one got reviews for either?

Well, MSI Z77A-GD65 MOBO is great. I liked it. I need another recommendation about the multi-gpu setup. Shall I go for one 7970 or do you have any other suggestion regarding crossfire? Also, are the MSI Z77A-GD65 and asus Maximus V Gene the best in their range? What about Asus P8Z77-M PRO? I'm really confused among the MOBO stuff. :(

Note that my dad's gonna buy the i7 3770k.

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
I was viewing the review of Dell Ultrasharp U2412HM and found it on the top here.
i couldn't find Dell Ultrasharp U2412H but Dell Ultrasharp U2412M. Did you mean that? Any one got reviews for either?

Well, MSI Z77A-GD65 MOBO is great. I liked it. I need another recommendation about the multi-gpu setup. Shall I go for one 7970 or do you have any other suggestion regarding crossfire? Also, are the MSI Z77A-GD65 and asus Maximus V Gene the best in their range? What about Asus P8Z77-M PRO? I'm really confused among the MOBO stuff. :(

Sir, its Dell U2312HM in the Review, which i have suggested is Dell U2412M [also i own three of them]

OP
P

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
Sir, its Dell U2312HM in the Review, which i have suggested is Dell U2412M [also i own three of them]

Yeah, got messed up with models. You told me about the U2412H for which I'd a doubt. So, what do you recommend me? Here, they say U2312HM to be better for the gamers.

d3p

PowerHouse
Yeah, got messed up with models. You told me about the U2412H for which I'd a doubt. So, what do you recommend me? Here, they say U2312HM to be better for the gamers.

Let me ask you one thing. Between Dell U2312HM & U2412M : other than Size, Resolution & Price, what other difference did you notice ???

If you didn't notice, then how come someone can recommend u2312HM over U2412M by concluding its meant for Gamer....:rofl:

For Dell U2312HM you pay 13k+ & Dell u2412M cost 17.5k+. Its your call now.

OP
P

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
Let me ask you one thing. Between Dell U2312HM & U2412M : other than Size, Resolution & Price, what other difference did you notice ???

If you didn't notice, then how come someone can recommend u2312HM over U2412M by concluding its meant for Gamer....:rofl:

For Dell U2312HM you pay 13k+ & Dell u2412M cost 17.5k+. Its your call now.

Yeah, that's what I meant. But check the link - they also differentiate among the display type.
And mate, look at the resolution - It's the same!!!

d3p

PowerHouse
Yeah, that's what I meant. But check the link - they also differentiate among the display type.
And mate, look at the resolution - It's the same!!!

The Resolutions are not same Sir.

U2312HM = 1920 x 1080p

U2412M = 1920 x 1200p

Check Dell India Site..

OP
P

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
The Resolutions are not same Sir.

U2312HM = 1920 x 1080p

U2412M = 1920 x 1200p

Check Dell India Site..

Yeah! o_O

The site is really crap. They are displaying the CNET reviews of Dell UltraSharp U2711 in U2412M section.

Last edited:

summers

Journeyman
Both are excellent monitors, you may choose anyone which suits your budget. U2312HM has an aspect ratio of 16:9, which i believe is more apt for gaming, whereas U2412M is a 16:10 monitor, more suited for professional apps.

OP
P

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
Both are excellent monitors, you may choose anyone which suits your budget. U2312HM has an aspect ratio of 16:9, which i believe is more apt for gaming, whereas U2412M is a 16:10 monitor, more suited for professional apps.

Yeah that's what the discussions say.
@d3p, you don't agree now? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

anyone?

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Msi z77a -GD 65 is great but did you see msi z77a g 45,it is 2k cheaper and has a thunderbolt port.

I am also looking for a mobo for my i7-3770k and confused between these tw

Last edited:
OP
P

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
If you are planning for a multi GPU setup, then you should leave the idea of a micro-ATX board. Please give an exact budget for the mobo, as there is notable price difference in the mobos you have mentioned.

Yeah, I know about the prices. Actually, I'm confused about the multi-gpu stuff. Are the multi-gpu setup and the 15k range MOBO worth the price or shall I just go for 7970 and gd45?
And also may you give me the alternatives to Asus Maximus V Gene or it's just the best in its range? This way I'll be able to prepare a list of 3-5 best MOBO's in different ranges for my dad.
I've these ones in the list. Suggest me for better (if any):

• around 7,000 - Asus M5A97 EVO
  • around 9,000 - MSI Z77A GD45
  • around 13,000 - MSI Z77A GD65
  • around 15,000 - Asus Maximus V Gene

Thanks. :)

d3p

PowerHouse
Yeah that's what the discussions say.
@d3p, you don't agree now? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

anyone?

Dude, 16:9 or 1920 x 1080p is a Standard HD format, which is basically supported by your HD Movies. Nowhere its mentioned that you can't game on 16:10 monitor or watch a movie. That additional 120px gives nice feel specially when you game Racing & FPS.

Do some homework like reading GPU reviews, most of sites also use 1200p monitors for bench.

OP
P

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
Dude, 16:9 or 1920 x 1080p is a Standard HD format, which is basically supported by your HD Movies. Nowhere its mentioned that you can't game on 16:10 monitor or watch a movie. That additional 120px gives nice feel specially when you game Racing & FPS.

Do some homework like reading GPU reviews, most of sites also use 1200p monitors for bench.

Mate, be clear! You had told me that no one could decide which is meant for gamers among them. Then, I'd another post saying that 16:9 is better. And now, you're for 16:10.

I'm ready to do the homework but don't you think I should know about the subject?

summers

Journeyman
Buddy, if i would have been in your place, i would have gone for U2312HM instead of U2412M. Reasons are :

> U2312HM has a lower input lag compared to U2412M.

> The 16:9 aspect ratio is more suited for movies / gaming than 16:10 aspect ratio of U2412M.

> U2412M is 4K costlier than U2312HM just for 1 Inch more.

@d3P : Yes, no one mentioned that you can't game on 16:10 monitor, but the additional 120 pixel you are talking about does not makes sense. what you forgot is that its U2412M is a 24" inch display whereas U2312HM is 23" display. You get more or less same pixel density on both panels.

d3p

PowerHouse
Mate, be clear! You had told me that no one could decide which is meant for gamers among them. Then, I'd another post saying that 16:9 is better. And now, you're for 16:10.

I'm ready to do the homework but don't you think I should know about the subject?

Its again very simple to understand. When hitting at lower res the objects become larger withing a limited area, which is like zooming and you loose the detail aspect when it comes to the visuals. At higher resolutions (ie: 1080p & above) the details are more crisp and the depth of the field is much larger.

Playing at anything lower than 1680x 1050 is useless, unless the GPU that you are using is low end.

I play at 3600x 1920, I find it to be the sweet spot for my configuration. So its completely your choice which resolution is best bet for you.

Buddy, if i would have been in your place, i would have gone for U2312HM instead of U2412M. Reasons are :

> U2312HM has a lower input lag compared to U2412M.

> The 16:9 aspect ratio is more suited for movies / gaming than 16:10 aspect ratio of U2412M.

> U2412M is 4K costlier than U2312HM just for 1 Inch more.

@d3P : Yes, no one mentioned that you can't game on 16:10 monitor, but the additional 120 pixel you are talking about does not makes sense. what you forgot is that its U2412M is a 24" inch display whereas U2312HM is 23" display. You get more or less same pixel density on both panels.

Well i agree to the point about the Price vs Performance. But not with that extra 120pixels. If you play games you can understand, what i'm really taking about other than reading reviews.

Lastly the input lag is never noticeable until unless you got some super eyes / mega eyes like transformers.

One thing to keep in mind if you are about to buy one between Dell u2312HM or U2412M. Both don't have HDMI's. Which means, connecting additional components like PS3 or X Box or Digital TV Setup box won't be possible without proper converter, which never comes cheap in india if available.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

+1 , 1440x900 is 16:10

if you have the gfx horsepower to max out the screen res then every extra pixel counts.

input lag is noticeable. no you dont need to have transformer eyes lol.

Its again very simple to understand. When hitting at lower res the objects become larger withing a limited area, which is like zooming and you loose the detail aspect when it comes to the visuals. At higher resolutions (ie: 1080p & above) the details are more crisp and the depth of the field is much larger.

Playing at anything lower than 1680x 1050 is useless, unless the GPU that you are using is low end.

I play at 3600x 1920, I find it to be the sweet spot for my configuration. So its completely your choice which resolution is best bet for you.

Well i agree to the point about the Price vs Performance. But not with that extra 120pixels. If you play games you can understand, what i'm really taking about other than reading reviews.

Lastly the input lag is never noticeable until unless you got some super eyes / mega eyes like transformers.

d3p has explained everything clearly, agree with him.

I played cod 4 @ 1440x900 and then 1280x800... things blur out.... and having a higher depth of field always helps to increase realism

Top Bottom