Gaming Rig, 80 - 100k

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Extreme 6 and 4 have same vrm design.
I still suggest you to take a look at gigabyte udh3. Its an excellent mobo with good overclocking ability.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Extreme6 has much better VRM heatsink MOSFETs than extreme4 which can get better sustained overclocks.
Since Gigabyte z77x ud3h has come down to ~12k,it can be considered,can be said to be bit better built-wise than extreme6.
In 15-16k bracket MSI z77 Mpower and Asus P8Z77 V Pro are good.

OP
P

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
VRM design is not just for overclocking, it has other benefits too. Even when not overclocked, when stressed at 100% for long period of time, say the time of converting a Blue Ray Disk to X264 using very high presents, the CPU power consumption increases very much and if you're in high performance mode, all the 4 (in case of Intel i5 and i7) or 8 (In case of AMD FX 8000 series) cores can run at their maximum Turbo Frequency which is sometimes quite higher than the stock speed, resulting rapid increase of power consumption and thermals. A good digital VRM then can handle the CPU current flow very efficiently to distribute the pressure proportionally and keeping it within its thermal limits. A bad VRM design can cripple the whole system here, if a sudden power surge occurs.

Just search about the Motherboard MSI 970A-GD46 and GD43 and you will find several issues even without any kind of overclocking. So while paying more than 10K for a Motherboard, lets not just concentrate on the features it offers but also to the quality and performance parameters. Asrock Z77 Extreme 6, looks like a premium board but it is just a feature board offering huge number of expansion slots, USB etc. In terms of pure performance, it is behind both Asus and Gigabyte. So while making the pruchase, make sure you are getting a balance between these two factors.

It is better to go with a Reputed Brand...

Asrock doesn't have good service in India afaik. Go for maximus v gene.

To me the only thing that counts on mobo upgrade are pcie slots, ram slots, usb 3.0 slots, sata III slots etc.
The phase design of maximus is obviously be better than extreme 4
but its gonna be a difference of only few hundereds of mhz in overclocking at best. A better cooler is much more recommended.

I think of the motherboard as dumbest necessity, it has no on performance whatsoever other than overclocking which is not really needed in an i7 and cant be done on an i3!! What a tragedy :/

But with maximus you are gonna get some freebies too.

And try gigabyte udh3, it too has an excellent repo and is cheaper than maximus ;)

Extreme 6 and 4 have same vrm design.
I still suggest you to take a look at gigabyte udh3. Its an excellent mobo with good overclocking ability.

Extreme6 has much better VRM heatsink MOSFETs than extreme4 which can get better sustained overclocks.
Since Gigabyte z77x ud3h has come down to ~12k,it can be considered,can be said to be bit better built-wise than extreme6.
In 15-16k bracket MSI z77 Mpower and Asus P8Z77 V Pro are good.

Thanks everyone for clearing out the doubts and discussing about it. :)
I was comparing the motherboards you've suggested me. Here's the link of the references - anyone else may get help too! :)

Gigabyte GA-z77x-UD5H (is it better than UDH3?)
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Gaming Performance | bit-tech.net

Asus P8Z77 V Pro VS Maximus V Gene
P8Z77 V Pro VS Maximus V Gene

So, Asus Maximus or Gigabyte UD5H/UDH3?

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
dude its gigabyte z77x ud3h ....
ud5h is more costly and IMHO after purchasing and then comparing the difference in price is not worth it........
google a little bit more there is a full review on it comparing other mobos from asus , msi and asrock with same and above price range......

OP
P

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
Okay! Finalized It! :)

Gaming Rig - i7, 2x HD 7870 CF (₹ 1,12,000)

Display
  • Dell UltraSharp U2412M ~ ₹ 18,000

CPU
  • Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor ~ ₹ 20,000

GPU
  • 2 x SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition OC 2GB GDDR5 Crossfired ~ ₹ 16,000 x 2 = ₹ 32,000

Motherboard
  • ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE ~ ₹ 15,000

RAM
  • 2 x 4 GB (= 8 GB) G.SKILL [ RipjawsX ] ~ ₹ 4,000

HDD
  • Seagate Barracuda 3 TB ~ ₹ 8,000

PSU
  • CORSAIR TX 750 V2 ~ ₹ 6,500

CPU Cooler
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ~ ₹ 2,000

Cabinet
  • Corsair Carbide Series 400R ~ ₹ 5,000

Keyboard/Mouse
  • Logitech Gaming Combo G100 ~ ₹ 1,200

Total ~ ₹ 1,12,000

P.S.: Had a great support here on dgt forums. You all were really awesome and supportive to me and assisted me in every possible way. From random suggestion to clear and simple explanations, I've no reason for going against this finalized config now. Thanks everyone here. :)

Thanks to:

rock2702
RiGOD
summers
harshilsharma63
NoasArcAngel
gta0gagan
Cilus
Sainatarajan
Harsh Pranami
101gamzer
Nerevarine
sumalatha
Myth
d3p
Godoftheforbiddenlight
NiGHtfUrY
Arnab
vaibhavs800
vkl

Will miss ya' guys!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
You are not going to miss us buddy. We can still help you to direct you to a proper online shops or getting a better deal. Also after purchasing, I think you will be requiring some expert suggestions to setup and optimize the performance of your rig.

OP
P

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
Yup, I'd keep posting here. Well, I don't think I'd get to miss you - here's my another query: :p

I was considering the G100 on flipkart and spotted the wire connected to the mouse. I really want a cordless combo. Have any suggestions for a cordless gaming combo?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Any Cordless mouse will have lag.No matter how expensive and technically advanced. Even the mighty Razer Mamba suffers from lag despite having Dual Sensors / Ultrapoling at 1000hz at 1ms.

Stick to corded for better results.

Top Bottom