Gaming PC Suggestions budget 2L

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
not going for multi gpu then why consider a 1200W PSU ???

at most a 850W would be more than sufficient .

for Compute related apps going for a 7970 makes sence

OP
T

tusharrastogi

Broken In
i will be buying one more 690 later but not now :)

@sharang - yes buddy i really wanna learn. pls let me know how can i do that myself. i am expert in software but not hardware :(.... also i have checked the tirupati site. most of the products that i have finalized are not available on their website. r u sure tirupati gives the best deal ??? can you suggest which site among these is the best to buy the products ??

*www.theitdepot.com
*www.theitwares.com
*www.flipkart.com
*www.primeabgb.com
*www.anythinginit.com
*www.smcinternational.in
*www.ezmaal.com
*www.naaptol.com

waiting for honest and fruitful suggestions from your side. really need help on this frnds who have real experiences with these sites. from my side thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
itwares
primeabgb
flipkart(albeit a little costly but peace of mind)
SMCInternational( you leave in delhi so you may visit it)

acewin

Point Blanc
buy 8GB RAM modules and not 4 GB modules, no benefit in buying them.
Keep 16 GB for a minimum, even though people think this is too much, IMO the more the better, but no need to go more than 32 GB now, let the prices of 8GB chips come down and think of buying more if needed. you have 8 DIMM slots :D

sharang.d

Youngling
i will be buying one more 690 later but not now :)

@sharang - yes buddy i really wanna learn. pls let me know how can i do that myself. i am expert in software but not hardware :(

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components - YouTube
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build - YouTube

Search for "how to build a computer" on youtube for more. It's really easy don't worry :)

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Well have you already bought your components??

For same price range.
Antec kuhler H2O 920 or Noctua NH D14 is better

XbitLabs
Another Step Forward: Antec KUHLER H2O 920 Liquid Cooling System. Page 6 - X-bit labs
Water for Processors: Corsair Hydro Series H100 Liquid-Cooling System Review. Page 5 - X-bit labs

NH D14
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review - Page 10

Hardwaresecrets
Antec Kühler H2O 920 CPU Cooler Review | Hardware Secrets
Corsair H100 CPU Cooler Review | Hardware Secrets

In the HWsecrets review go by the chart & not by graph

Buy links
Antec Kuhler H2O 920 Cooler | Cooler | Flipkart.com@Rs 5671/-

Corsair Hydro Series H100 Liquid CPU Cooler@ Rs 7155/-

Couldn't find links for Noctua NH D14

BTW Kuhler H2O 920 is better since it is cheaper & equal performer.. ;-)

masach315

War4Peace
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No not at all. Don't have any experience with this.
If you are not planning OC, you don't necessarily require all those components with bells and whistles. Some of the components you chose are targeted at enthusiasts who will push their system to the limit, and those fancy features push the price sky high - and you are not going to utilize those features!!! Also considering your max budget of 2L, here are some suggestions you may consider.....
1. Cabinet in the price range of 10k (my choice is Corsair White Graphite 600T).
2. Eventhough 6 core will benefit few applications like 3D animation/modelling, most applications will be happy with 4 core like i7 3770 which you can get for almost half the price.
3. For non-OC system, the performance of Corsair Hydro H100 will be more or less the same even with 3.5k - 4k air cooler
4. Even for gtx 680 SLI, Seasonic 850 Gold can handle your system. With technology improving fast, todays CPU and GPU are not power hungry like yesterdays. For peace of mind you may get 900W-1000W.
5. RAM/GPU Cooler - you will go just fine even without these.
Your selections are only excellent. Knowing that you have to compromise on some components, these are just meant as an eye opener

OP
T

tusharrastogi

Broken In
thanks for this valuable suggestion :)

@chaitanya - bro what about theitdepot.com ??? is it a gud place to buy computer components ???

Last edited:
OP
T

tusharrastogi

Broken In
i have compared the pricing from theitdepot.com, smcinternational.in, cost2cost.com, flipkart.com, theitwares.com, primeabgb.com, ezmaal.com, snapdeal.com, naaptol.com, hardware.in, supremeindia.com, lynx-india.com, deltapage.com. finally i come to the decision that i will buy the stuff from smcinternationl shop in delhi most of the. parts which are not available with them will get from either flipkart.com, theitdepot or theitwares.com. i hope i have taken the right decision.

one more help i want to ask from my friends out here is their any possibility to reduce the price of the configuration using the amd fx bulldozer processor and mobo ?? i am still in the process of shortlisting the final hardware. so ur valuable feedbacks are invited.

i have compared the pricing from theitdepot.com, smcinternational.in, cost2cost.com, flipkart.com, theitwares.com, primeabgb.com, ezmaal.com, snapdeal.com, naaptol.com, hardware.in, supremeindia.com, lynx-india.com, deltapage.com. finally i come to the decision that i will buy the stuff from smcinternationl shop in delhi most of the. parts which are not available with them will get from either flipkart.com, theitdepot or theitwares.com. i hope i have taken the right decision.

one more help i want to ask from my friends out here is their any possibility to reduce the price of the configuration using the amd fx bulldozer processor and mobo ?? i am still in the process of shortlisting the final hardware. so ur valuable feedbacks are invited.

OP
T

tusharrastogi

Broken In
no just asking for curiosity and knowledge pov. taking into consideration dual cpu setup :) tht's why asking about fx8150 bulldozer :). if any dual cpu board ever exist for am3+ socket :)??

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
nopes....even dual socket config is kinda non existent if u want to take anything other than specific server configs...like intel server bundles...

Top Bottom