Gaming PC (Ryzen) Specs Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
At this point only options are either to wait for a few weeks for prices to settle down or go with whatever the current lowest prices are(even if higher than pre-GST).

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
It took me multiple reminder mails+like 10 calls to get this response. They have gone radio silent when I said the price before gst was 8200 inclusive of all taxes so how have they increased it to like 10000/- including gst?
Gigabyte gaming 3 is 9300 on Amazon with shipping. I've bought it for 8.2k couple of months ago on itdepot. And most of the b350 boards are still available offline in bangalore at Old prices I guess maybe few hundred rupees hiked. If you can't find any b350 board offline and if the new normal is like this, get the gaming 3 board. But I have a feeling within one or two months the prices will go back to normal. Maybe slight increase if manufacturers don't want to absorb the increased cost.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Gigabyte gaming 3 is 9300 on Amazon with shipping. I've bought it for 8.2k couple of months ago on itdepot. And most of the b350 boards are still available offline in bangalore at Old prices I guess maybe few hundred rupees hiked. If you can't find any b350 board offline and if the new normal is like this, get the gaming 3 board. But I have a feeling within one or two months the prices will go back to normal. Maybe slight increase if manufacturers don't want to absorb the increased cost.

I don't think that the manufacturers are going to decrease prices. Even if they do it will be a couple hundred less. But waiting is crap right now for me. First I waited for Vega as suggested by members and now this gst thing. What a shame.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
I don't think that the manufacturers are going to decrease prices. Even if they do it will be a couple hundred less. But waiting is crap right now for me. First I waited for Vega as suggested by members and now this gst thing. What a shame.
Just get the gaming 3 board then and get it done with.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Bhaiyo bhagwan ne meri sun li (Bhagwan I need a Lambo & a billion dollars too). Asus is available everywhere now-
ASUS MOTHERBOARD PRIME B350-PLUS (AMD SOCKET AM4/RYZEN SERIES CPU/MAX 64GB DDR4-3200MHZ MEMORY)
Asus Prime B350-Plus 7th Gen AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard

Now I was having a discussion with @Digital Fragger @ssb1551 in some other thread, and Gigabyte mobo's name came into the picture. Here it is-
GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-AB350-GAMING 3 (AMD SOCKET AM4/RYZEN SERIES CPU/MAX 64GB DDR4-3200MHZ MEMORY)
Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3 AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard

Both have equal amount of pros as mentioned here-
Asus PRIME B350-PLUS vs Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 • r/Amd
ASUS PRIME B350 PLUS vs GB AB350 Gaming 3

Which one should I order as I am confused.

It seems only PSU is left, will order it tomorrow from OCZ as Antec one is also unavailable.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Bhaiyo bhagwan ne meri sun li (Bhagwan I need a Lambo & a billion dollars too). Asus is available everywhere now-
ASUS MOTHERBOARD PRIME B350-PLUS (AMD SOCKET AM4/RYZEN SERIES CPU/MAX 64GB DDR4-3200MHZ MEMORY)

Now I was having a discussion with @Digital Fragger @ssb1551 in some other thread, and Gigabyte mobo's name came into the picture. Here it is-
GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-AB350-GAMING 3 (AMD SOCKET AM4/RYZEN SERIES CPU/MAX 64GB DDR4-3200MHZ MEMORY)

It seems only PSU is left, will order it tomorrow from OCZ as Antec one is also unavailable.
Go with whatever is cheapest. Both will do the job fine.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Gigabyte has better audio codec and dual bios. Asus one has more usb ports. I'd pick the Asus one unless I wanted more fans without fan-header splitters.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@Digital Fragger @SaiyanGoku
Done with mobo. Left with PSU. I was about to order Seasonic from OCZ in the morning but they told me to wait for few days before depositing money as they are updating their internal softwares.
Will Corsair RM650X & CM MasterWatt 600 Lite be any good for my rig?
Also I am using an old Intex UPS with an Exide battery that was replaced last year. Can I keep the same for the rig?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Done with mobo. Left with PSU. I was about to order Seasonic from OCZ in the morning but they told me to wait for few days before depositing money as they are updating their internal softwares.
Also I am using an old Intex UPS with an Exide battery that was replaced last year. Can I keep the same for the rig?
Strict no to all CM psus. Even a 500-550W reputed PSU would be good enough.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Done with Motherboard. Left with PSU. I was about to order Seasonic from OCZ in the morning but they told me to wait for few days before depositing money as they are updating their internal software's.
Also, I am using an old Intex UPS with an Exide battery that was replaced last year. Can I keep the same for the rig?
Fully Modular: Buy Online | Antec EDGE 750 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Power Supply SMPS | Price in India
Non-Modular: Buy Online | Thermaltake TR2 S 600W Power Supply PS-TRS-0600NPCWEU-2 | Price in India

Go with either APC or CyberPower UPS @ 1KVA only. Below that voltage does not support your RIG.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Fully Modular: Buy Online | Antec EDGE 750 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Power Supply SMPS | Price in India
Non-Modular: Buy Online | Thermaltake TR2 S 600W Power Supply PS-TRS-0600NPCWEU-2 | Price in India

Go with either APC or CyberPower UPS @ 1KVA only. Below that voltage does not support your RIG.

Thanks Sir. What does modular and non-modular mean here? Can you please share the link for the CyberPower UPS, it is not available at MD Computers and IT Depot. Also is there any need to buy a good surge protector? My modem got fried due to an electricity spike. In our region the electricity keeps on going off during summers and the voltage keeps on increasing and decreasing.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
*www.buildcomputers.net/images/modular-power-supply.jpg

Modular PSU comes with detachable cables like on the right side of the above pic. So you can plug in cables that you are using and leave the rest for easy cable management. Non-modular all cables are soldered inside. Don't use surge protector and UPS in series. UPS is better, if you don't have then definitely use surge protector.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks Sir. What does modular and non-modular mean here? Can you please share the link for the CyberPower UPS, it is not available at MD Computers and IT Depot. Also is there any need to buy a good surge protector? My modem got fried due to an electricity spike. In our region the electricity keeps on going off during summers and the voltage keeps on increasing and decreasing.
2 UPS of the same company but different models.
UPS 1 KVA CyberPower BU1000E UPS 1000VA
UPS CyberPower UT1000E-IN UPS 1000VA | eBay

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
2 UPS of the same company but different models.
UPS 1 KVA CyberPower BU1000E UPS 1000VA
UPS CyberPower UT1000E-IN UPS 1000VA | eBay
Thanks. How is the customer support of Cyberpower? Also I had a pathetic experience ordering a case from Amazon. Is the MRP of UPS CyberPower UT1000E-IN UPS 1000VA 3799/- only?
BTW Intex is selling the same at around 3500/- with 2+2 years warranty. Also check your pm, it is regarding Windows 10 key seller.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks. How is the customer support of Cyberpower? Also I had a pathetic experience ordering a case from Amazon. Is the MRP of UPS CyberPower UT1000E-IN UPS 1000VA 3799/- only?
BTW Intex is selling the same at around 3500/- with 2+2 years warranty. Also check your pm, it is regarding Windows 10 key seller.
You can use ebay coupon like SAVERS2500 to get discount.
CyberPower does not give problems so no need to worry.
Replied the PM. Check once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom