gaming PC costing approximately Rs. 40000

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Regarding HD3000 , I have Core i3 2100 (HD 2000) . I can run games at 1280x1024 (medium) at 20-25 fps, I have tried gaems like NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) , Grid , Prince of Persia : Forgotten Sands , NFS : Shift . But older games like COD : MW ran at 45 fps . Also PCSX2 (PS2 Emulator for PC) ran WWE Smackdown HCTP at 45-50 fps . I think thats good but PCSX2 relies heavily on Processor rather than graphics card .

rahul18348

Broken In
a decent H61 mobo costs ~3200 while DH67CLB3 costs ~5400,a difference of ~2200.H61 has no sata3 & usb3.price of 60gb sata III ssd has dropped to ~5000 & hopefully after a year or so it should drop to ~3500.one such ssd as boot drive will significantly increase the overall OS performance.also usb3 even now offers twice the speeds of usb2 & in future when more & more devices will be usb3 it will come in handy.

Plus H61 will not support Turbo Boost which handicaps a processor that is capable of it (i5s & i7s).

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
graphics turbo is off in H61. normal processor turbo is there.

So we can gain up to 3.7 GHz on i5 2500 with an H61 board using turbo boost? And the graphics turbo won't be an issue if there's a GPU right? So it comes down to STA III, USB 3.0, PCI slots & RAM slots?

OP
T

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
Wishing to buy this configuration:

Asus Maximus-IV Gene-z-13500
Core i5 2500k-12000
G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)-1150
Cooler Master RS-650-PCAR 650 Watts PSU-4912
PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD6870 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card-11500
Asus 24x DVD RAM-1100
Microsoft Xbox 360 wired controller-1450

I have sacrificed the monitor and will buy it later, using the current 17" LCD :banghead:
I've not decided the cabinet, so please tell a good and cheap cabinet for this configuration.
Please tell me whether this rig would play the games for at least 3-4 years with no lagging issues(at any settings). I would update the components in future if required but the motherboard will remain same, because i've observed that the motherboard has a lot of potential.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i can tell you this.even the most expensive card today will not be able to run some games at high/ultra settings after ~1.5 yrs let alone after 3-4 yrs.graphics card is the 1 component which needs to be updated most frequently if someone wants to play all games at high/ultra settings.for current games 6870 is good for most of the games at full HD resolution but for some games resolution needs to be lowered at ultra settings.

OP
T

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
i can tell you this.even the most expensive card today will not be able to run some games at high/ultra settings after ~1.5 yrs let alone after 3-4 yrs.graphics card is the 1 component which needs to be updated most frequently if someone wants to play all games at high/ultra settings.for current games 6870 is good for most of the games at full HD resolution but for some games resolution needs to be lowered at ultra settings.

I would run the games that come after 2 years at low settings. I am not a very heavy gamer who demands hd graphics but a mid range gamer who just wants good frame rates.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
I would run the games that come after 2 years at low settings. I am not a very heavy gamer who demands hd graphics but a mid range gamer who just wants good frame rates.

If you're a mid range gamer you won't the OC'able processor and such an expensive mobo I guess. A non k i5 with a decent GPU will play upcoming games atleast at low settings.

For that get i5 2500+h67+HD 6950. (or wait for the 7850)

To OC the 2500k you'll need a decent aftermarket cooler and a good cabinet with airflow. For a non k processor you can skip the former and save some bucks.

OP
T

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
If you're a mid range gamer you won't the OC'able processor and such an expensive mobo I guess. A non k i5 with a decent GPU will play upcoming games atleast at low settings.

For that get i5 2500+h67+HD 6950. (or wait for the 7850)

To OC the 2500k you'll need a decent aftermarket cooler and a good cabinet with airflow. For a non k processor you can skip the former and save some bucks.

You don't seem to understand me. I would overclock when it is needed to give my pc a push in speed. This configuration is really good. The motherboard is capable of SLI setup, its RAM can be expanded upto 32 gb. Thats what i need. Thus i've chosen this config.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Okay then. Avoid the CM PSU. Go for Corsair/Seasonic. And for the cabinet go for NZXT Gamma/Source 210 Elite.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@the_conqueror, a single GPU is always better than multiple GPU cause GPU scaling is not always linear. at times you may have to force multi GPU.

secondly, 32Gb is not required. most games need 2-3Gb. in future, they'll require upto 5Gb but even 8Gb looks way too much. hell forget 32Gb.

another suggestion is: go for that K series processor but you don't require and not recommended to go for a microATX Z78 board. go for a full ATX one found under or around 10k. for GPU, either wait or grab the one you have selected. AMD southern island mayn't touch this pricepoint for now.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
You can get Corsair GS600 at 4k or Seasonic S12II-620 at 5k. And you can also get a Full ATX board like Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 at 8.8k or Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3R @11k or Asus P8Z68-V-LE @10.9k or Asus P8Z68-V-GEN3 @ 14k .

OP
T

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
I am confused about the graphic card. There are so many choices that I am getting confused. Which one of these is better : radeon hd 6870 or geforce gtx 560 ? Does radeon hd7770 outperform both of them ? Does it pack a real punch for its price tag ? Because asus radeon hd 7770 is selling at 11k on flipkart.

Can't decide the cabinet also. suggest good cabinet for this mobo- Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3R. The cabinet should have good airflow and enough space to house a 10" graphic card. Also suggest a good aftermarket cooler so that core i5 2500k can be OCed to 4 Ghz at normal temp.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
if the 560 you are talking off is the Ti version than its the one to go for. But if non Ti version that the 6870. For power supply I would suggest Corsair GS600.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cape Verde: All About Performance/Watt : AMD Radeon HD 7770 And 7750 Review: Familiar Speed, Less Power
In absolute terms, AMD’s new Radeon HD 7770 matches or is just a little bit slower than the 256-bit GeForce GTX 460 1 GB.The more painful comparison is to AMD’s own Radeon HD 6850. Generally faster, much less expensive, and still very prolific in the channel, there’s just no contest between the 16 month-old Barts-based board and Radeon HD 7770.
it seems like either 6850 or GTX560 is a better choice.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Which is the best 560ti card and best hd6870 out there in the market ?

don't go for a 13-15k GPU now when new (& better) GPU are already launched. so in your case, either grab HD6850 or GTX560. many HD6850 has already disappeared from online stores so grab it fast if you are going for it else wait.

Top Bottom